1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Summer shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Stu, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Stu

Stu Senior member

I was wondering what you guys use for summer casual shoes. Today, for example, I wore to the office some cream chinos, a navy RLPL T-shirt and these wonderful Ferragamo boat shoes that I love. The problem is after the Ferragamos I have nothing for summer wear with chinos and such on those casual Fridays. I will pick up some bucks sometime, but they seem a bit limited, no?

Any other ideas?

2. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

3. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

White bucks/suedes.

Right now Brooks has some sweet Peale's on sale- brogued derbys.

4. designprofessor

designprofessor Senior member

Spectators and my new Gordon Rush suede ankle boots.

5. Stu

Stu Senior member

Updating this: I mentioned in another thread that I was really attracted to some carmel suede bluchers by C&J for Brooks (Peal). I was wondering: Are caramel suede bluchers considered summer wear? If they were tan they would look like bucks.

i got 3 days to pull the trigger on this and am considering it. I tried them on with chinos and with a pair of cream colored cotton-linen blend trousers from RLPL, and they looked great with both.

6. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Summer shoes - light coloured loafers. Personally, I have a rather idiosyncratic fondness for very light coloured suede loafers in summer.

Other choices - woven leather, esp. if combined with smooth leather captoes, heel, etc. Almost a "stealth-spectator" shoe. Looks quite relaxed and summery. I know Ferragamo does this style since I own a pair, but have seen it from other makers too, such as AE.

7. saddleoxford

saddleoxford Member

I wear these brown leather weave pattern shoes with my summer outfits:
    [​IMG][/IMG]

8. sloaney

sloaney Senior member

How about a pair of brown penny loafers? Either in leather or suede.
    Tod's and Bally have nice ones. I'm thinking of getting one.