1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Summer season sales alert in Manahattan & area

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by von Rothbart, Jul 9, 2005.

1. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Distinguished Member

Edward Green RLPL Alert..

$339 a pair at the Rhinelander Mansion on Madison and of course they come with shoe trees. About 5-6 models on sales and they are:

- Spectator in black or brown with canvas
    - Cap toe oxford
    - Side gore whole cut in burnished pine (beautiful shoes)
    - Penny loafer with Norwegian front (same as Dover)
    - Tassel loafer with raised seam

Also at the mansion Polo C&J now at $299 a pair. I love the double monk.

Barneys: 2 models of C&J Handgrade at $409. Some Harris handmade (fatte a mano) marked down to $189. Didn't have time to go up stairs to the suit department.

Weston: has a descrete sale sign on the display window.

Domenico Vacca: 30% off at all three NY locations, Madison, 5th and SoHo.

Bergdorf: John Lobb British tan wingtip derby 8000 last at $399. Brioni suits now half off at $2000. Borrelli, Fray & Brioni shirt about 35% off. Charvet shirts $225, ties $109

Saks: 30% off ticketed price. EG now at $403 & $445.

My haul for the day EG RLPL cap toe oxford at $339, JL wingtip $399 and a Bottega Veneta wallet at $59 down from $230 at BG.

2. Internyet

Internyet Active Member

Bah. And here I am, stuck in LA.

At least the weather's gorgeous.

3. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Distinguished Member

Von Rothbart,
    I was in the Polo Mansion on Tuesday. They had no Edward Greens in size 10. They sounded like the bigger sizes were pretty much exhausted. Not sure if yoy're a smaller size. Actually, they did have the black and white spectator in a 10, but that was probably the only shoe I couldn't handle. Also, the specs I saw in brown and black did not have linen, they were leather and suede. Don't know if they added new models, but hope they did.

4. mussel

mussel Senior Member

Thanks for the alert. I'll be at the Mansion at noon sharp. Hopefully to pick up a pair of cap toe, wholecut and may be the penny.

5. whnay.

whnay. Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Damn you... I demand pics.

6. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Distinguished Member

Thanks VR, I had to run an errand on the Eastside, so I picked up that BV wallet for $59 and a plain white/blue bengal-stripe cotton/linen? pocket square for $9 at BG. Good stuff.

The Lobbs are no longer for anyone interested.

7. mussel

mussel Senior Member

I picked up a pair of cap toe at the Mansion, bevelled waist, nice shoes, great buy at $339. I love the side-gore plain toe whole cut, absolutely beautiful. Too bad they didn't have my size, the one on display is a 11.5 and next size down is 9.5, so those of you living outside the city, call the Manison see if they can ship them to you. Really a gread buy.

I went to BG and was told the last pair of Lobb on sale was gone, presumably to a SF member? But did pick up a Bottega wallet for $59, a steal.

Norcaltransplant, where are the on sale pocket squares? Do they have any silk ones on sale?