• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Summer loafers: with or without socks?

Summer loafers: with or without socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.

Anders Ilen

Reaction score
I have a big problem with this. I prefer the no socks style, and I have expensive loafers that i cant wear because my feet get destroyed when i dont wear socks. I dont know how its called in english, but they get wounded to the point of almost bleeding and the pain is unbeareble

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a big problem with this. I prefer the no socks style, and I have expensive loafers that i cant wear because my feet get destroyed when i dont wear socks. I dont know how its called in english, but they get wounded to the point of almost bleeding and the pain is unbeareble
Have you tried wearing no show socks?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

you’re getting blisters. Wear no show socks.

rjc149

Reaction score
Wearing leather dress shoes without socks or with a casual outfit is an affectation. Socks, no socks, you’re already there.

Women are better-attuned to status indicators than we are, because traditionally (and biologically) their survival and reproductive probabilities were highest with the highest-status mate. Hence why high status will often trump physical appearance in attraction. Hence why women are often able to give better male fashion advice, since dressing well conveys status and social IQ. To the splendidly-dressed dandy posting outfits here, that’s a truth that’s either disdained or disregarded, but that truth isn’t voided. Women will absolutely size you up based on how you’re dressed. All women. Even the rock climbers and mountain bikers.

Ashley Weston and her husband, both quite snobby and elitist (as demonstrated in their more candid “Q&A” videos) offer advice on how a man can convey high status and social IQ in their dress. Whether you want to attract a woman like Ashley Weston isn’t the point. A man over 30 who dresses as per her advice is going to have a broader appeal to a broader pool of females than a man who follows Alpha M or the Gentleman’s Gazette.

If you can’t be bothered with fashion advice or sartorial dicta, simply be in good shape, wear clean clothing that fits, and you won’t need to be concerned with whether something is an affectation or not.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6A877B67-DEF6-44B7-92B3-9355CA40B3E7.jpeg

Brunch yesterday before some shopping with my bride. Nature is healing. Obligatory no socks post to trigger the “it’s disgusting” crowd.

Stylewords

Reaction score
Whether you want to attract a woman like Ashley Weston isn’t the point. A man over 30 who dresses as per her advice is going to have a broader appeal to a broader pool of females than a man who follows Alpha M or the Gentleman’s Gazette.
When you say broader pool, does that mean the fat and the ugly ones too? Any tips on a YouTube dress advisor who can guarantee me only hot women?

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you say broader pool, does that mean the fat and the ugly ones too? Any tips on a YouTube dress advisor who can guarantee me only hot women?
I think I saw a video like that once. The guy had one simple trick and if I recall it was driving a Lamborghini down south beach or something along those lines.

rjc149

Reaction score
Lol yep, women means all women, the fat and ugly ones too.

Your best guarantee for "only hot women" is to

1. date other hot women (have tight game and pre-selection)
2. be tall
3. be in shape
4. have a good haircut
5. have your **** together professionally and financially

Dressing well can serve as a substitute for one of these, or maximum two. Not all 5. But it's an easy, instant fix that makes a marked difference. So, there's no reason to not give yourself the boost, whether or not you have the 5 traits I listed.

Stylewords

Reaction score
Lol yep, women means all women, the fat and ugly ones too.

Your best guarantee for "only hot women" is to

1. date other hot women (have tight game and pre-selection)
2. be tall
3. be in shape
4. have a good haircut
5. have your **** together professionally and financially

Dressing well can serve as a substitute for one of these, or maximum two. Not all 5. But it's an easy, instant fix that makes a marked difference. So, there's no reason to not give yourself the boost, whether or not you have the 5 traits I listed.
I think it's best to be logical and use maths. Like when I'm in Vegas playing roulette - if red comes up a few times in a row then by the mathematical "law of averages", black will be next. For me, my last (only) two girlfriends were 2/10 at best, then by the "law of averages" my next girlfriend will be very hot. I can't wait.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's best to be logical and use maths. Like when I'm in Vegas playing roulette - if red comes up a few times in a row then by the mathematical "law of averages", black will be next. For me, my last (only) two girlfriends were 2/10 at best, then by the "law of averages" my next girlfriend will be very hot. I can't wait.
Absolutely love the optimism. Logic like that just can’t fail.

rjc149

Reaction score
I think the "law of averages" would be that past trends predict future events.

Of course, as a (somewhat) older gentleman, what's "hot" and what's attractive to me aren't as closely correlated anymore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads