1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Summer cashmere cardigans

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SkinnyGoomba, Jun 20, 2011.

1. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Looking for a recommendation on a summer cardigan. Something thin and trim cut, high quality. Let me know what you guys think.

Much appreciated.

2. cretaceous_cretin

cretaceous_cretin Senior member

Where do you live that you would not overheat in a sweater during the summer? Just curious.

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Funny, my favorite one is from Polo. [​IMG] My only other experience is with J.Crew, which I love. They fit nicely and are a fair deal for $100-$150 when they go on sale.

4. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

They're not cashmere but Club Monaco has some nice linen ones right now including a cardigan.

5. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

6. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Where do you live that you would not overheat in a sweater during the summer? Just curious.

That's what I'm thinking. For the summer we've got here at the moment, wool or cashmere is the last thing on my mind.

7. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

William Lockie - best cashmere $ can buy, Mongolian long threads via Hawick: this is a reputable English country supplier: http://www.ahume.co.uk/Mens-Knitwear...an/p-225-1407/
    We don't really need the Mongolian cashmere at the moment, far too hot in XilinHot for that, 35C. There is an Erdos cashmere shop in my neighbourhood, I'm quite sure it's not going to be doing much trade at the moment though.

8. Will

Will Senior member Dubiously Honored

Even single ply cashmere will roast you in moderate temperatures. Linen or alpaca are better choices.

9. HHD

HHD Senior member

I have this (bought at sale price): http://www.mrporter.com/product/300398 Its colour isn't very summery, unless you are British. And I expect it's too cosy for summerwear outside the British Isles. It There is a paler beige model which should go on sale soon too.

10. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

Summer cashmere is like winter linen. Does not compute.

11. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

12. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

why?

Because the natural insulating properties of cashmere are very high. Thin cashmere is still extremely warm, much warmer than wool of the same weight/thickness.

13. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

Because the natural insulating properties of cashmere are very high. Thin cashmere is still extremely warm, much warmer than wool of the same weight/thickness.

I was talking to OP

14. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

Even single ply cashmere will roast you in moderate temperatures. Linen or alpaca are better choices.

This!

Back in the old neighborhood, a guy could get whacked for wearing cashmere in the summer[​IMG]

Not that I should speak. I am in Houston, Tx. ( about 98 degrees and humid today ) and I love and have a lot of cashmere stuff. I hardly wear it[​IMG]

15. Lightbringer

Lightbringer Senior member

I live in Singapore. I recently received a lovely biege cashmere jacket from Mina. I am thinking of sitting around in wine cellars to justify the commission.

16. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

So I've learned alot:

Apparently no one here travels out of the northeast or works in air conditioned environments. You guys might be right however, so just make some suggestions.~

Slim fitting, long wearing and nothing but MOP buttons.

17. Maccimus

Maccimus Senior member

That's suicidal...

18. mth

mth Well-Known Member

Zanone makes (or made) a nice linen low gauge cardigan with MOP buttons. It's slim fitting although I wouldn't necessarily call it hard wearing since it snags on everything.