1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

SUMMER 2013 RALPH LAUREN BY C&J THREAD MARLOWS & LINDRICKS!!!!

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by eddievddr10, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    OK guys ive got the new shipment of marlows pennys tassels, wingtip and lindricks first to pay gets them, my paypal is [email protected] no holds first to pay gets em. note: some of these come with box and shoebags some dont have boxes i will not differentiate between the two so be prepared to not receive a box (although most ppl will get full box) also some may have light scratches nothing significant as far as i can tell, please dont ask for specifics. for size questions and more info see this thread http://www.styleforum.net/t/268417/...arlton-gifford-garran-lindrick-mccallum-rhett
    these are all sized as marked on shoe

my price has gone up once again for these so this year, all prices include shipping in conus international is a flat 45 in your payment you must write style and size and ill ship.
    (will update other models soon) will cross out as they are sold (if someone pays after an item sells before updating i will refund immediately)
    prices are: marlow pennys and tassels are staying at 339 unless noted, wingtips are 525 and lindricks are 675 non cordovan (black) tassels are 269 and lindrick is 475
    cordovan lindrick sizes:
    7.5, 8, [12, 13
    black calf lindrick sizes:
    8.5, 9.5, 13
    marlow cordovan wingtip sizes:
    7.5, 8.5, 9.5, 10
    marlow cordovan penny sizes:
    9, [10.5 11, 11, 12, 12, 12
    marlow cordovan tassel sizes:
    8, 10.5, 11, 11, 11(scratches so price is 255) 11.5 (bottom worn price 255) 11.5
    black calf tassel sizes:
    8, 10.5, 10.5
    IMPORTANT NOTE: i will also be making more megathreads one dedicated to usa made rl shoes (rancourt and allen edmonds) and one for rl made in italy, i also will post in sw&d a thread of rrl boots and shoes shortly

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013

2. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

No Linrick in 9 FFS. Probably for the best...

3. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

I suppose I saved some money since you don't have the PTB..., glad I got the wingtip already, lidrick not in my size either

4. ktown

ktown Senior member

Payment has been sent for the 7.5 Cordovan Lindricks. [​IMG]

This is the MOST I've ever spent on shoes. When I first joined SF, I never thought I'd spend this much. I thought the price of AE was already pretty damn high...

5. katch

katch Senior member

Quote:I was in the same boat until I bought the Lindricks. They are beautiful. Enjoy.

6. razl

razl Senior member

I said the exact same thing almost 2 years ago. Trust me, they are worth every penny (and I've since gotten a few other shoes from the same pricing altitude and only a one or two were as worth it as my Lindricks).

7. ktown

ktown Senior member

I'm curious, what were the other shoes that were worth as much as the Lindricks? Through SF, I've come to appreciate quality over quanitity and from here on out I plan on getting just one or two pair per year of higher quality shoes. The only AE I own is the black PA and even these shoes, I must admit, are unflattering in terms of last shape and toe cap length. I do think my AE PA is very comfortable but I think I will stick to a more European aesthetic from now on. I'm thinking either a calf C&J or Carmina for my next purchase.

8. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

9. nelsypants

nelsypants Active Member

PM sent for size 8 Cordovan Lindricks.

10. razl

razl Senior member

You're on the right track (and early on, going by your post count) re: quality instead of quantity - and we're in similar shoe spend territory so your targeting C&J and Carmina is spot on.

I don't own AE for no other reason than none of them excite me. That probably reads snobbish but I don't mean it to. I'm sure by all the fans here that they're good quality for the price, but I have yet to see one that makes me want to pull out my wallet.

Back to your point, the two purchases outside of my Lindrick's that I continue to love just as much are both my C&J Ludlow boots here and C&J Brunswick shoes here I should also add that I was fortunate enough to add Marlow shortwings and the Penny loafers around the same time as my Lindricks and none of those disappoint, even 2 years later.

Like you I've been eyeing Carminas but just haven't had the opportunity arise. I've also been watching some mid-grade Santoni's and Alfred Sargent handgrade which seem to be in near C&J territory. Of course I've also been hovering on the Meermin thread but just haven't quite pulled the trigger.

Hope that helps!

11. razl

razl Senior member

Eddie delivers.

12. ktown

ktown Senior member

Wow those Brunswicks look great. It's a very sleek-looking blucher and I've been wanting a blucher shoe for my next one. I have 2 pair of Meermins and I like both of them. There's so much on this site that I see and I want...

13. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTE: i will also be making more megathreads one dedicated to usa made rl shoes (rancourt and allen edmonds) and one for rl made in italy, i also will post in sw&d a thread of rrl boots and shoes shortly

I am waiting for this :slayer:

14. grendel

grendel Senior member

How do the Marlows fit? I wear a 10D in the Alden Barrie last, 9 UK in a couple different Alfred Sargent lasts, 9.5 in Rancourt handsewns, 10D in AE 5 last... I think I'm probably between a 9.5 and 10 in length and usually and between a D and E width.

15. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

I'm a 9D Barrie/Trubalance, and a pair of 9.5 Marlow wingtips were too large for me - I'd think a 9D would have worked well so would think that for the wingtips same size as Barrie/Trubalance would work best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.