1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SuitSupply Shirts?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by UK2004, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

Few faults with SS shirts:
    *previous season's Jort/La Spalla buttons were way too thin. (current ones are acceptable)
    *the shoulder shirring is a bit too much... shirt looked medieval blousey at times
    *enlarged left cuff is a nice touch... unless you wear wristwatch on your right
    *french cuff way too large. complete no-go if you are looking at FC

the standard line shirts are okay.

re: "construction quality".... completely overblown on this forum. between SS, BB, RLP, Black Label, Boggi, Kamakura, Luxire.... i have the whole lot, its the same to me. no shirts (or suits or shoes for that matter) just spontaneously unravel and deconstruct by themselves....

...if you like the fabric/pattern, details, and they fit your body and your budget... by all means

2. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

I picked up a Red Line with Thomas Mason fabric and I am happy so far. We will see how it holds up over time but construction looks very good.

I also got the basic blue Purple Line shirt and it fits me very well.

What impressed me most is that as an older, bigger man than their usual clientele, they had some nice suit options. I will probably pull the trigger on a sportcoat and La Spalla suit in the Fall.

The customer service was spectacular at the Atlanta store this weekend.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  3. TedMosby

TedMosby New Member

Their shirts from the tailoring service are good value in my opinion. Got a few of them a year back, and still very satisfied (combined with the large range of options at a price point of 120GBP)

4. UK2004

UK2004 Senior member

I'm half hearted over whether to try their made to measure as fabrics and collars so different to Borrelli. How did you find the cut on the ones you had made?