SuitSupply Shirts?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by UK2004, Feb 1, 2015.

1. UK2004

UK2004 Senior member

Anyone have experience of suitsupply shirts? Need to fresher up shirt collection and can't afford Canali Zegna Brioni anymore, the suitsuply ones look crappy on the site but I thought they may come up very slim, I now still need a 16 inch collar but need a very slim body of the shirt. Keen to hear people's thoughts.

2. YourLovelyMan

YourLovelyMan Member

I just picked up the White Egyptian Cotton dress shirt. It's one of the highest quality shirts I own, without a doubt. The fabric is sturdy, and the construction is excellent. As far as fit, I wear a 14.5/32 slim in both Brooks Bros (my usual standard of reference) and Suit Supply. The Suit Supply shirt is definitely slimmer in the torso, and the armholes are higher. There's still plenty of room in the chest and neck though. I'd say the cut is just more athletic than Brooks.

One nitpick: Suit Supply doesn't really do point collars, and their button down collars are pretty small. If you want a standard point collar dress shirt, you'll have to look elsewhere. The closest thing they have is the spear point collar, which is a little less traditional--and in my opinion, it looks funny without a jacket and tie.

Edit: Mine is not the two-ply.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015

3. TOstyle

TOstyle Senior member

Shirts are good, and not overly expensive. I would agree with the previous poster that they are a more athletic style of a fit. I wouldn't call it a slim fit (I'm 6-2, 185 and a 16 collar) and I had to get it taken in a bit through the chest and sleeves.

Not the best shirts out there, but worth a purchase.

4. UK2004

UK2004 Senior member

Thanks for this guys, tried one, getting sleeves shortened bit disappointed so far.

5. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

Have you tried Barba, Finamore, or Borrelli? They are fairly easy to find for around $120ish (USD). You could also just send your favorite shirt to Luxire and have them replicate it....just a thought.

6. UK2004

UK2004 Senior member

I've got several Borrelli but paid over 200 Euros for them and can't afford that now. I bought a Suitsupply shirt, they messed up the alterations, not impressed really. Do Borrelli do made to measure in their Italy stores?

7. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

Almost half of my shirts are SS..The material is good enough, the collars are sizeable and true spreads and their Shirt sleeves are long enough.. The oldest shirt I have from SS in my rotation is from 2012.. I wear it about three times a month and its still going strong.. hope this helps..

8. fieldofdreams

fieldofdreams Senior member

I have a couple suitsupply shirts. I actually prefer Kamakura shirts. Suistupply offers more collar options. The quality and fabric is similar and the Kamakura shirts costs less. The tokyo slim fit Kamakura is slimmer than suitsupply slim fit in my size (39).

9. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

Yea Ive heard great things about Kamakura... they just dont make long enough sleeves for me.. Im realistically a 38.. it sucks because their stuff looks great..

10. Johnsson

Johnsson Senior member

OP: There are forum sponsors that offer Borrelli at a great discount.

I went to SS with a friend who wound up purchasing a shirt - obviously the shirting and the details aren't as good, but they appear to be perfectly serviceable. I thought the spread collar was particularly nice for the price.

All of my Luxire orders have unfortunately resulted in comedies of errors (at my expense), but my issues may have been alleviated if I had sent a shirt to copy. Still, the finishing of the buttonholes and the ultra thick buttons they used were a poor match, certainly if you are accustomed to Borrelli.

11. doodledoc

doodledoc Senior member

Which sponsors?

12. Johnsson

Johnsson Senior member

Correction, affiliates: Shopthefinest and eHaberdasher.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015

13. UK2004

UK2004 Senior member

Are STF and EHaberdasher totally brand new, I've never trusted which is why haven't ever ordered.

Also my suitsupply shirt doesn't have removable collar stays, seems poor for the price.

14. EUtroll

EUtroll Senior member

I only have one SuSu shirt, and overall it's OK for the price. Took an extra slim based on availability and was very pleasantly surprised that it was a lot roomier than I thought it'd be. Haven't used it too much so too early speaking about durability.

You do get what you pay for.

15. theplayerking

theplayerking Well-Known Member

Suitsupply is disruptive with their suits and outerwear because they offer exceptional value for money—however I’m not sure that applies to the rest of their product line. I shop there because I can get a beautiful suit that would easily retail for double if it had another label. I’m surprised that they haven’t carried the premise through to shirts, and especially, shoes.

Apropos @fieldofdreams, I just bought another Kamakura shirt today because I think they provide great value for money.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015