• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suitsupply or Mytailor?

Paul5588

Reaction score
can anyone give an educated comparison of suits by suitsupply versus mytailor? I'd also like to hear how they compare to brooks brothers mtm, if anyone knows.

Essential

Reaction score
I'm not qualified to go in depth but I'll leave my opinion from what I gleaned on this forum so far.

SuitSupply > Mytailor, especially if you fit OTR and aren't an odd shape.

BB MTM isn't worth it.

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like a few of the stuff from Suitsupply, and have consider buying their suits before. Their suits seem to be cut real slim on their models, and they look very uncomfortable. The only thing I wish they do is to measure the sleeve length from seam to cuff, not collar to cuff. All that aside, I know nothing about Mytailor.

Paul5588

Reaction score
I've had good luck with mytailor, but I've only bought shirts there. They do a nice job of fitting me, but that might be because I lived in la and used to drive to their headquarters in Santa Ana to be measured. I don't have enough knowledge to really comment on the quality of fabric or stitching. I can tell great fabric from crap, but I can't distinguish between grades of good-but-not-great quality. I assume both mytailor and suitsupply fall into that category. Has anyone tried suits from either?

anxiouscowboy

Reaction score

I like a few of the stuff from Suitsupply, and have consider buying their suits before. Their suits seem to be cut real slim on their models, and they look very uncomfortable. The only thing I wish they do is to measure the sleeve length from seam to cuff, not collar to cuff. All that aside, I know nothing about Mytailor.

I recently popped in their shop and tried on a few jackets. I'm 5'10 and 155# and nothing was tight on me, I would have to get everything taken in. I really admired their mohairs in person. Blue with pinstripe wool/mohair/silk may be my next suit.
All that aside I know nothing about Mytailor either.

OlSarge

Reaction score
On the other hand, I know nothing of suitsupply but the shirts I have from mytailor feel wonderful and fit me to a T. The suits and jackets I've seen in their showroom are beautifully made and the suit a friend had made looks wonderful on him.

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently popped in their shop and tried on a few jackets. I'm 5'10 and 155# and nothing was tight on me, I would have to get everything taken in. I really admired their mohairs in person. Blue with pinstripe wool/mohair/silk may be my next suit.
All that aside I know nothing about Mytailor either.

As I've not been fitted before at Suitsupply, my speculations were solely relied upon what I could see on their models via their site. As well as one particular gentleman on the WAYWRN thread who wears his suit too tight. But thank you for suggesting this to me, I've always like Suitsupply's suits, and certainly hope to commission one someday.

wintourh007

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
A colleague at work swears by mytailor so I plunged ahead and purchased as well. It can be a little confusing especially if you don't know your exact measurements and I had to call custosmer service a few times just to make sure I'm doing it right but it was worth it. Plus the site allows you to track your orders apart from th hassle of choosing fabrics, etc., I'm pretty happy with my shirts.

anxiouscowboy

Reaction score

As I've not been fitted before at Suitsupply, my speculations were solely relied upon what I could see on their models via their site. As well as one particular gentleman on the WAYWRN thread who wears his suit too tight. But thank you for suggesting this to me, I've always like Suitsupply's suits, and certainly hope to commission one someday.

Since my post I have purchased two suit (one 3p) from SuitSupply, They are great! They seem to run small though... Both suits I bought were the washington fit and I ended up with a very nicely fitting size 35. I am usually a 38L! Because of this I would say try them in person. But they have a pretty good return policy if you have no choice but online. The grey washington 3p suit is awesome. It's like a lightweight tweed in person and it is a silk/wool blend. Very cool.

ldegeneve

Reaction score

Since my post I have purchased two suit (one 3p) from SuitSupply, They are great! They seem to run small though... Both suits I bought were the washington fit and I ended up with a very nicely fitting size 35. I am usually a 38L! Because of this I would say try them in person. But they have a pretty good return policy if you have no choice but online. The grey washington 3p suit is awesome. It's like a lightweight tweed in person and it is a silk/wool blend. Very cool.

Don't you mean they run large?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads