• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or are most of the coat offerings from SS just ridiculously small? For example, the Vicenza coat in a 38R only has a 17.8" shoulder while a typical Havana/Lazio has a 17.7" shoulder. That difference is negligible, and makes it impossible to wear without sizing up.

Or the Bleeker coat that has a 17.6" shoulder....

This just super bums me out as I recently had to sell a nice 100% cashmere Vicenza in 38R I picked up second hand because it just really doesn't fit me with anything thicker than a t-shirt or dress shirt on underneath. Also, I know @TheSupplier has a super sick purple Vicenza in 38R I can't wear either.

Sellidor

Reaction score
Suit Supply winter coats basically fit like jackets, and can only be worn with shirts and thin sweaters underneath. I definitely recommend sizing up if you're going to do any layering. And even then they're quite slim. I also wish they were longer. I wear an EU 44 Havana and the 46 Vicenza fits me best--although I even contemplated a 48 for the extra length and space (I decided against it because of the bagginess of the sleeves)! Note that the coat can be let out slightly (half a size I believe).

Houta

Reaction score
I have one from them that I brought back in 2017. I have worn it twice and am wearing it in January(so it's paid for itself, $569 USD). I have the plain black single breasted jacket with grosgrain lapels and grosgrain stripes running down the side of the leg(grosgrain lasts longer than a slik lapel as it wont run or get caught on something as much. They still sell it too. Get it with peak lapels. The one I bought is $599.00 USD now but still worth it and you can mix and match the size of the jacket and pants.It's a great tux.(Make sure you ask for a grosgrain tie and cummerbund and this will pull it all together). They also have a black tie package that will include the shirt, shoes and tie I believe... for more cash of course. Hope this helps.
Thanks mate - great help!

TheSupplier

Reaction score
Sellidor thats not 100% True but they do fit slim. I have a 38R Jort Merano I just picked up. I had the side seams let out a little and fits fine.

Ive sold a bunch of coats as well.. It really depends on preferences and where you are on your "size"

For example if you are on the upper side of 40R and have to let out the chest or side seams on the suits a little each time you might decide to upgrade to a 42R Coat.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I foolishly went with a 48L when I bought my Vicenza, should definitely have sized up. It required a lot of tailoring to be wearable with a jacket. They are insanely slim.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I foolishly went with a 48L when I bought my Vicenza, should definitely have sized up. It required a lot of tailoring to be wearable with a jacket. They are insanely slim.

Is there even enough fabric to really alter the coats?

Joefitz

Reaction score
Very disappointed with suitsupply. Tried on every suit. Not a single one fit me. Too tight in arms and legs. Can’t go up in size because chest and shoulders would be too loose. Where do people with muscular limbs buy suits?

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very disappointed with suitsupply. Tried on every suit. Not a single one fit me. Too tight in arms and legs. Can’t go up in size because chest and shoulders would be too loose. Where do people with muscular limbs buy suits?
Spier and MacKay’s contemporary fit has plenty of room in the arms and chest. Same quality level as Suitsupply. Based in Canada but they ship everywhere.

www.spierandmackay.com
And they have a super-active thread here on Styleforum. https://www.styleforum.net/threads/spier-mackay-official-affiliate-thread.383376/

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man. That maroon/navy hound's tooth suit sold out before I could nab one. That was a seriously cool fabric too...

Joefitz

Reaction score

japejapejape

Reaction score
Man. That maroon/navy hound's tooth suit sold out before I could nab one. That was a seriously cool fabric too...
Yeah stock is flying on the popular items...can’t hesitate anymore
I wanted the VBC gray 3 piece flannel but the jacket is sold out now

keep checking the site though cause sizes restock all the time.
Luckily that’s how I was able to get the navy vbc 3 piece....just had to keep checking the site.
Also, the online customer service works really well. If they have it at any of their stores they can get it shipped for you

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster.
Having scoured the 'net for reasonably priced and quality suits and blazers, I've settled on SuSu as the retailer of choice.
So I will be visiting SuSu Tampa's office next month and was wandering through their website to look at fits and so on.
My question is this: does SuSu photoshop the wat the clothes fit on their models? I find it curious and funny how the clothes look so super neat. Clearly, for the purposes of advertising, the fit must look perfect. But take this guy for example and the way the polo has that hourglass silhouette:

I would think that even with a little photoshopping, the result must at least look natural.

What do you think?

kadidal

Reaction score
Er, whut? Suitsupply is at Nordstroms?
And what is this "Brescia fit" description for suits (isn't that a pants style)?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads