• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure the suit is the one to blame @Michael81 !

There's a $1,300.00 price difference between the suits bellow! And you would be hard pressed to tell which one is more expensive based on the photos! (I even find the first one to look better! )

Personally I find their cuts to be a perfect looking classical suits that are hardly made these days, the lapels have a good proportion, the button stance is in good place to make the suit look powerful ... I am a DB guy myself but would definitely give a try with one of these at a 50% discount!

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You'd think it would be possible to find a blonde-haired, blue-eyed Norwegian model who also listed 'capable of standing straight' on his CV.

Anyway, those suits are okay, but still not great. Too short and the shoulder line is quite unappealing. I'd be very interested to see what they look like in more natural circumstances, but I'm not willing to shell out hundreds - let alone thousands - of euros for something like that.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see your point. It's hard to beat the SS machinery as well. I had an amazing experience with their items so far (as we all did), however I would like to give a try to something different once Winter sale drops Cavour suits by 50% off. By the way the first suit in the photo is their Cavour suit now costing $720 and the second (bottom) suit is the famous Ring Jacket suit costing $2,000.00.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Cavours after alteration fits better than any Susus as well. $460 Loro Piana full canvas suit that feels Italian soft is a no brainer.

But I think Michael81 may have a point here. They're boring and don't fit well. Please forget you ever heard of Cavour.

Last edited:

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Nikola Likewise. I've had very good experiences with SuSu, especially my Custom Made stuff. They're lagging behind in summer suiting, though. I've not bought a summer item from them in several years, and not for lack of trying. It's really a pity that there are no reasonable alternatives in Europe.

It does look a bit cleaner than the other images, but I've never quite understood Ring jackets is always spoken of with such reverence. There's nothing special about the aesthetic. I'd pay the asking price for an Eidos Ciro without question. Ring jackets, not so much.

@Riva I think I speak for us all when I say, post pics. I have tried a few other Finnish and Swedish makers and they don't come close to SuSu in terms of fit. I'm interested to see the difference.

blekit

Reaction score
Cavours might be in every detail as good as @Riva describes them, but still it doesn't change the fact that they are - according to size guide - very short. If you're taller than 1.8m then there's a pretty good chance they won't fit you very well.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cavours might be in every detail as good as @Riva describes them, but still it doesn't change the fact that they are - according to size guide - very short. If you're taller than 1.8m then there's a pretty good chance they won't fit you very well.

Lol and I had to shorten mine.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ding ding ding. I'm 188cm so there's no way a 48R is going to happen.

Also, @Riva how tall are you? I find it hard to believe anyone would have to shorten a jacket in 2019.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
we just had a new season drop and the only pics in this thread are of some other brand /facepalm come on lucky people post your recent kops

blekit

Reaction score
@Riva Whatever floats your boat.

Personally, being 186 cm tall, I wouldn't wear any jacket shorter than 78-79 cm.

To be perfectly clear, I am not saying that Cavours aren't great, they just definitely aren't going to fit me right no matter how well executed and constructed they are.

Daraven

Reaction score
I've had very good experiences with SuSu, especially my Custom Made stuff.

Do you mean the actual custom program or the MTM? If you do have experience with the custom program, how good is it in terms of service, quality of final product and fit? I have seen a lot about their MTM and wasn't terribly impressed with the fit. But the custom program intrigues me.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Custom programme. I've tried both. Others here have had good experiences with MTM but for me it was a never-ending nightmare. Custom programme is much better and more reliable. I've posted a few examples here. The only drawback is they don't yet do unlined jackets, so it's not a great option for summer.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I already noted, I wasn't talking about the colour, and I never mentioned the word 'boring'. I was talking about the fit and the silhouette.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads