• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kurps

Reaction score
Anyone have a sizing recommendation for overcoats? Size up one from suit jacket sizing or same size?

giandu

Reaction score
I have been buying from the outlet from the very first one many years ago..... the selection this time around is probably the worst I’ve ever seen

kadidal

Reaction score
sale is awful

True, this sucks. Also, it is interesting how many of these pieces have turned up on resale sites in the last week -- I suspect staff at SuSu must get first shot a week or two ago, possibly before the outlet merch ships back from stores to the warehouse, and then those staffers are listing them on eBay/Grailed. I see at least 4 mildly obscure items that would fit that pattern.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
also the discounts are worse than usual - some of the shirts are like 15% off. this time last year it was $300 Jorts...

kadidal

Reaction score
Also note TIES are there, but not from the main landing page -- click on suits or anything and there's a navigation bar. Doesn't seem to be any mass discount like last two rounds, where they were $10 a pop if you were willing to piss off your wife by buying too many of them.

Maybe this is because there are not really a lot of ties this time -- I count 25 right now.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The discounts on the jackets and suits are much better than the winter sale, but the lack of tie bundling is a huge blow.

Substanceoverstyle

Reaction score
Usually there is an extra second drop of stuff put online on Tuesday, hope you guys find something worthwhile tomorrow!

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sitting in Canada, listening to the wave of complaining from down there, and feeling mild sympathy. Dare I say that makes it a typical day?

luiseduardo9

Reaction score
Anyone have a sizing recommendation for overcoats? Size up one from suit jacket sizing or same size?
Their coat sizing should be the same size as your suit. Where it gets tricky is now that they have resized their suits, I don't know if they've also resized their coats.
Usually there is an extra second drop of stuff put online on Tuesday, hope you guys find something worthwhile tomorrow!
That is the usual over the years but did the winter outlet this year even have a worthwhile second drop on Tuesday?

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
Pretty underwhelmed to be honest. Considering everything is final sale and no returns the discounts aren't that enticing.

Substanceoverstyle

Reaction score
Visited the outlet today here in Amsterdam as suggested by the thread. What I can say is that they had SOME interesting pieces, but not a great deal (atleast in my size). What I did see was that houndstooth suit a user posted here a couple of pages back. That was 269€, and I would have bought it if it came as a seperate just for the jacket, but alas. Another stand out piece was a Jort Madison DB suit for €400. All shirts were 79€ each, but i didn't buy anything. Im tempted to go back just for the jort though.

Is the Amsterdam outlet year-round or does it pop-up during certain times? I will be in Amsterdam first week of September so wanted to visit if possible.

Any info is much appreciated!

To get back at this, the outlet at Bataviastad is year-round. But the shirts costing €79 there makes zero sense, the regular prices for shirts are 69, 79 and 99€ depending on quality (and Jort shirts going for 150€), which almost makes me ask if you didn't by accident visit their regular Amsterdam store instead the outlet one in Bataviastad ;).

osw880

Reaction score
What do you think about this one? Hudson brown

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 9.36.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 9.36.34 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 90
  • Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 9.36.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 9.36.28 AM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 134
  • Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 9.36.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 9.36.57 AM.png
    538.2 KB · Views: 154

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads