• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kevin24

Reaction score
How is SS's custom program?

A Suit Supply Associate told me that their MTM items are full canvas by default? Is this true? Or was he blowing smoke up my $ss?

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are two separate things. Their MTM programme offers full canvass suits and the full range of customisation. The Custom Made programme gives you the possibility to extensively modify existing models. I've tried both and prefer the Custom Made programme. It's more affordable and the results are consistent. Others here have achieved decent results with MTM, but a lot more can go wrong with that.

The Dirk

Reaction score
Those are two separate things. Their MTM programme offers full canvass suits and the full range of customisation. The Custom Made programme gives you the possibility to extensively modify existing models. I've tried both and prefer the Custom Made programme. It's more affordable and the results are consistent. Others here have achieved decent results with MTM, but a lot more can go wrong with that.
As soon as they start offering more of the variations of their Havana in custom made, I'll start using it. I'd really like to.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The guy I spoke said they will be expanding the fabrics and lining options available within the next few weeks. Keep an eye on the website because it will reflect the changes pretty soon after they roll them out.

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just looked at their website and it looks like they’re raising prices on a lot of the fabrics for the custom program? Or did they just add a bunch of new fabrics? I remember looking weeks ago and most of the fabrics were the base cost for custom, but now almost all of them are an upcharge, and a significant one at that.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I assume they are offering fancier fabrics than the standard fare. But they are also reducing the base price from €500 to €479 while increasing the cost of the fabrics. It's completely idiotic.

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t really understand what they’re doing there. I did however go back to the shop today to place an order for my next suit. I made some slight changes (lowered the buttoning point on the jacket, gave myself just a little bit of extra room in the hips of the pants), but nothing drastic. I asked if I could widen the lapels even more, but that was a no go.

I ordered a pretty standard Super 110s mid-to-dark-ish grey suit with just a little bit of texture to it. All the other details (button-fly, side adjusters, etc.) stayed pretty much the same from my first suit order. This one should come pretty quickly again, between a 3-4 week wait.

Reaction score
Yeah I don’t really understand what they’re doing there. I did however go back to the shop today to place an order for my next suit. I made some slight changes (lowered the buttoning point on the jacket, gave myself just a little bit of extra room in the hips of the pants), but nothing drastic. I asked if I could widen the lapels even more, but that was a no go.

Is this a MTM or Custom Made order?

The Dirk

Reaction score

I ordered a pretty standard Super 110s mid-to-dark-ish grey suit with just a little bit of texture to it. All the other details (button-fly, side adjusters, etc.) stayed pretty much the same from my first suit order. This one should come pretty quickly again, between a 3-4 week wait.
What was their reason for not letting you widen the lapels more? Their wide lapel havana(which has lot of the details you were looking for, IIRC.)already has a lapel wider than 4 inches, so it's not like they don't have suit like that.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What was their reason for not letting you widen the lapels more? Their wide lapel havana(which has lot of the details you were looking for, IIRC.)already has a lapel wider than 4 inches, so it's not like they don't have suit like that.

They didn’t really give a specific reason. The sales rep was just going through all the different options with me, and when I asked about the lapels he said their system only allowed them to input narrow, standard, or wide. I asked if they could put in a note or something to widen the lapels an extra quarter inch or so, but they just said that wasn’t an option. It wasn’t a deal breaker for me, since the wide lapels are still really nice, but it would have been nice to widen them just a little bit.

martingfx

Reaction score
The MTM suits are not made in the same factory as their RTW suits.

martingfx

Reaction score
Care to share some pics from the MTM-suits you picked up from the Stockholm store?
Took some pictures of the suits today. Pretty happy overall :)

1. Gray wool, 210g VBC
2. Navy wool, 310g VBC
56C212C7-8ED2-4B37-AB6B-2186F8CCC02F.jpeg
297073AA-48D3-4DC9-A5ED-8F80DF67A6C0.jpeg

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent. How high did you have them do the trouser rise?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads