• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How good are they really? I’ve been eying then for a while but don’t know if I can justify the price without any experience

They're both pretty nice. Better than Berg and Berg, but not by much. At the sale price it's worth it.

hschrapel

Reaction score
Suitsupply Outlet still showing 'not available in your country' for me in Sweden :( Doesn't look likely to happen on the 12th

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not a fan of super saturated ties either; I honestly assumed that kind of thing to be the preserve of American politicians. As a rule I prefer more muted tones. The problem I have with SuSu ties is that they feel cheap. The lining is of a very low quality, so they just hang there like a dead fish, and rarely do they achieve a decent knot. That's a hard pass.

@MajorDash I wouldn't pay 150 for a single tie either. But if a €150 tie was on sale for €80, I'd buy that (I bought this a few days ago). I realise no one else can tell the difference, but most people can't tell the difference between a cheap department store suit or a Kiton either.
I don't know if I agree across the board. Last outlet, I went in with Viral on a few ties. 1 navy 7 fold, 1 green cashmere and 1 cotton/linen. The staple is great feeling silk, the cashmere nice and robust and and the cotton feels like it was made in the same factory as my cotton/linen formicola and isaia ties. I don't think mine are as lifeless as you've experienced.

TheSupplier

Reaction score
EU outlet is supposed to open on the 14th in the morning and I don’t think they deliver to Sweden.

If I’m not mistaken it’s for Netherlands, Germany and Belgium.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I agree across the board. Last outlet, I went in with Viral on a few ties. 1 navy 7 fold, 1 green cashmere and 1 cotton/linen. The staple is great feeling silk, the cashmere nice and robust and and the cotton feels like it was made in the same factory as my cotton/linen formicola and isaia ties. I don't think mine are as lifeless as you've experienced.

I've read from multiple sources that it really is the luck of the draw. The ties I bought from them were completely worthless. Obviously you chose... wisely, because many of their ties have a lot of synthetic fibres and cheap carpeting for interlining. They definitely skimp on materials and construction where they can.

I should also mention that I have only paid full price, so they were much less of a value prospect. 10 USD per tie is a slightly different equation. Even so, once you've handled a few higher quality ties, it is hard to go back.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've read from multiple sources that it really is the luck of the draw. The ties I bought from them were completely worthless. Obviously you chose... wisely, because many of their ties have a lot of synthetic fibres and cheap carpeting for interlining. They definitely skimp on materials and construction where they can. For 10USD you could do a lot worse, however. But once you've handled a few higher quality ties, it is hard to go back.
It's like buying a scratch-off lotto ticket. If you win, you just scored a brand new-ish, 2 season old quality tie!

If you lose, well, better luck next time.

cvb1

Reaction score
EU outlet is supposed to open on the 14th in the morning and I don’t think they deliver to Sweden.

If I’m not mistaken it’s for Netherlands, Germany and Belgium.

SUSU.png

Sadly this seems to be the true, however you can access the outlet site from Sweden atm.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Eli Curt For 10 bucks, absolutely. But I am a denizen of the Arctic so for me they cost €39. I neglected to mention that in my initial post. For that price, it's really, really not worth it.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You will get access, be able to browse the collection and even add items to your shopping bag. But then when the time comes to check them out, you will get the message "Unfortunately these items cannot be delivered to this address". They are such teases.

cvb1

Reaction score
You will get access, be able to browse the collection and even add items to your shopping bag. But then when the time comes to check them out, you will get the message "Unfortunately these items cannot be delivered to this address". They are such teases.

Luckily my girlfriend is in Belgium this entire month. Do you have any clue about shipping time during the outlet?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads