• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I size up for suits from 38L 40L because of the added length and lower button stance. I made the mistake of buying the Vicenza in 38L last winter. Despite being fairly slim, it was way too tight with tailoring. This around I will definitely go for the 40L.

pomor

Reaction score
I have 5 Vicenzas (3 winter and 2 spring/summer) — all same size as suits — 38R. It looks fine even with a 3-piece under or a sport coat and a knit underneath.

ajcorbell

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a few items from Suitsupply, the peak lapel dinner suit, a Lazio sport coat, and a Lazio suit which unfortunately no longer fits which I donated.

A few weeks ago I had my first try at the Custom Made offering, as I need a different trouser/jacket sizing, and picked this up:

000.jpg

I had a good experience with it and really happy with the fit, it allowed my to have a slightly less 'Suitsupply fitting' pair of trousers which was a big plus, as well as allowing for side adjusters etc.

I'll be wearing this suit for work, and work in quite a corporate environment (Big 4 consulting), and am looking to get another suit done. I was considering this Birdseye suit as my second:

000.jpg

Good choice? Or can offer any alternatives?

I'm also rather annoyed they aren't doing a wool navy DB coat this year...!

Cheers

davidazio

Reaction score
@ajcorbell If I were you I would go for a grey suit for more versatility. I have a Napoli in the VBC dark grey that I like a lot, I think this is the fabric code: 586.861/122.

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone size up in Havana suits? I have a 40 Hudson suit that fits well and I tried a Havana in the store and a 42 fit better. Maybe the suits have gotten slimmer?

Dzzzzz

Reaction score
Does anyone size up in Havana suits? I have a 40 Hudson suit that fits well and I tried a Havana in the store and a 42 fit better. Maybe the suits have gotten slimmer?

I've found shoulders of the Hudson fit larger than any other models(even the Napoli) which I like a lot. I think that's due to the pleats.

BlairW

Reaction score

I've found shoulders of the Hudson fit larger than any other models(even the Napoli) which I like a lot. I think that's due to the pleats.

The sizing is notoriously inconsistent - I've had Havanas fit bigger than Hudsons and also vice versa. I've got one Hudson that seems to fit almost a size bigger than all of my other SS jackets.

Overall I would say the shoulders are the same between those two cuts though it can be luck of the draw

davidazio

Reaction score

I only size up in Lazio, Hudson and Washington. I actually find the Havana to be one of the roomier fits, but as BlairW says sizing is inconsistent so this may not always stand the test.

BlairW

Reaction score
@ajcorbell If I were you I would go for a grey suit for more versatility. I have a Napoli in the VBC dark grey that I like a lot, I think this is the fabric code: 586.861/122.

+1 on dark grey/charcoal for 2nd suit in conservative environment

gianm

Reaction score
How does the Havana fit compared to the Sienna? My Sienna fits quite nicely in a 36S but the chest is a bit tight. I noticed that the lapels bow/aren't quite flat.

cakv

Reaction score
Does anyone have pics of the pleated shoulder on an MTM suit?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads