• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

catlettsl

Reaction score
I tried a long on awhile ago. Didn't like the length in a long. I like the length of the jacket in a regular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
A new suit just arrived for me in London. Was looking forward to picking it up tomorrow when I land.

Except. It's USED!!!! What the actual ****?!!!

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A new suit just arrived for me in London. Was looking forward to picking it up tomorrow when I land.

I wonder how such things could actually happen. It reminds me of the person who ordered two suits -- on in each size, kept the jacket of one and the trousers of the other, and returned the mix-and-match pieces left.

I guess SuitSupply has a QC fault in the matter, but the people actually making these returns are to blame, too. How can they do something like this, in the first place.

Chulillo

Reaction score
That is f*cked up @mimo
I hope you can get your refund quickly and without any problems.

Togas

Reaction score
If it looks good on you, don't be deterred by the rigidity of group-think. If we allow ourselves to be completely sartorially expressionless, we'd all wear navy and gray suits, black socks, oxfords, white shirts and rep ties. But we don't. We push the envelope on most of these things in even the most conservative of workplaces; colorful socks, tan shoes, cut-away collar shirts, funky ties, bracelets, monk trap shoes and loafers, suits with no padding, giant-sized sports watches, pinky rings (ok, maybe that's going too far) - the list goes on. None of these things were traditionally acceptable in the conservative work environment. But we changed the environment by convention.

All I am saying is, choose to be agressively individualistic in style, within a reasonable and balanced framework. For instance, if you wear a db and like it, and it looks sharp on you, make it a nicely-fitting solid navy one (maybe with a reasonable sized belly) and forgo the tan shoes, fedora, polka-dotted socks and bright pocket square on that day - maybe don't even wear a pocket square. Keep it clean. But never let the contraints of yester-year or unstated rules completely control your flow. Don't exagerate the prominence of work-dress rules. In reality, such rules are much more nuanced than we sometimes initially perceive.

I appreciate the kind words.
I am trying to go down my own road when it comes to style. I have a few pairs of plaid pants that I love to wear and am currently on the hunt for some tweed items.

I'm currently in University and I really stick out as it is by wearing a suit or simply dressing up everyday. It's really changed the way other students and the professors interact with me.
I'm looking forward to my next trip to Suit Supply to get some more stuff.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So my "design your own suit" came in and the fabric seems ok, a bit different from what I imagined since the sample pictures online are so awfully taken with very little info. The only issue is the lapel is horribly creased in a very weird way. They did ship it in a smaller box but it somewhat looks like the lapel was just steam pressed to a crease incorrectly.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine came in a regular coffin box. But I can echo your sentiments re fabrics. The Design Your Own option should be done a lot better. In my case, I wanted a mid-grey flannel; and while the suit they sent was soft, it was definitely not flannel. I suspect they charged me €100 to make up a suit in the same fabric used for the mid-grey Lazio on the website. Thankfully they accept returns.

Having said that, the suit came out really well in terms of fit in my case. It was substantially slimmer in the waist than the regular Lazio. A definite plus, since alterations in Finland are very expensive. My Washington and Havana jackets both cost well over €100 to get right.

riton

Reaction score

Same thing for me ! I bought a suit from SS and it turns out it was already worn for a least a couple of days, due to crease on the knees and elbows.

Some people who are returning the items are really shallow, it is incredible.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same thing for me ! I bought a suit from SS and it turns out it was already worn for a least a couple of days, due to crease on the knees and elbows.

Some people who are returning the items are really shallow, it is incredible.
Those who are returning the worn out suits are the least to be blamed .. What the hell is the customer service doing? They should inspect each item they are putting back into sale and how is it possible to issue a refund to someone and accept the return if he has sent back a used item .. There are quite a few logical steps in this process that failed.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I can't help imagining the guy dancing with a cheap bottle in each hand at a particularly messy wedding at 4am, then chuckling red-eyed and dizzy as he carefully refolds the original packing on Monday morning...

SS were very apologetic and offered to replace it fast etc. of course. Embarrassing for them but they owned it.

Plus side: I don't think I like it anyway.

Last edited:

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mine came in a regular coffin box. But I can echo your sentiments re fabrics. The Design Your Own option should be done a lot better. In my case, I wanted a mid-grey flannel; and while the suit they sent was soft, it was definitely not flannel. I suspect they charged me €100 to make up a suit in the same fabric used for the mid-grey Lazio on the website. Thankfully they accept returns.

Having said that, the suit came out really well in terms of fit in my case. It was substantially slimmer in the waist than the regular Lazio. A definite plus, since alterations in Finland are very expensive. My Washington and Havana jackets both cost well over €100 to get right. 

Mines is just the opposite in terms of fit. It came made a bit more generous fitting which I didn't mind, it fit well. Though maybe this is a sign that their size control is just as bad with this option.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also some may be interested in the difference in the old style Soho and New Soho

Probably Not as obvious from these pictures as in person but the striped suit that I had made appears to be in the old Soho cut. The new Soho has a more bellied lapel which I actually do like more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads