• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks very nice and seems to fit pretty good, too, judging from those pictures!

fieldofdreams

Reaction score

Got my brown Havana today. The picture is a pretty good representation of the fabric/colour. The fabric barely creases at all considering the amount of linen, it must be the silk and wool preventing the linen from doing its usual shenanigans. As for the colour and texture, it could definitely be worn year-round, but I have yet to see how it feels in hot or cold temperatures. The suit seems to be pretty versatile too, each of the three pieces can be worn separately with ease.
LL
I'm keeping this one, if you have any questions about the suit feel free to ask.
Returning the brown? I like the blue better, but the brown would more easily fit into my wardrobe right now.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Quote:
Returning the brown?

I like the blue better, but the brown would more easily fit into my wardrobe right now.

I only ordered the brown. Though if I did order both I'd probably keep the brown over the blue because I have nothing in brown at the moment.

Filippos

Reaction score

Got my brown Havana today. The picture is a pretty good representation of the fabric/colour. The fabric barely creases at all considering the amount of linen, it must be the silk and wool preventing the linen from doing its usual shenanigans. As for the colour and texture, it could definitely be worn year-round, but I have yet to see how it feels in hot or cold temperatures. The suit seems to be pretty versatile too, each of the three pieces can be worn separately with ease.
LL
I'm keeping this one, if you have any questions about the suit feel free to ask.
Thank you for your insight and photos! I already own the brown flannel Hudson. I love it and it looks absolutely elegant. This Havana looks amazing too. Do you think it would be a good addition for me to buy this one too? Or is this Havana is a whole new story style wise?

davidazio

Reaction score
Does anyone have this blue corduroy Havana and would like to share their thoughts?

I love the looks and the idea of an unlined corduroy suit, and saw it during a very brief visit to the NYC Soho store. The fabric and construction felt very lightweight and I am unsure whether that's the deal maker or breaker.

Thanks.

nttdocomo

Reaction score

Quote:

I only ordered the brown. Though if I did order both I'd probably keep the brown over the blue because I have nothing in brown at the moment.

Isn't the second photo blue though? (or is that white balance)

Looks great either way. I want to try this Havana. Muscular shoulders can be a problem, however.

Last edited:

elzarka9

Reaction score
Love how quickly SuitSupply ships. Ordered Sunday night and it already arrived. Got the grey faux uni Washington and a dark blue lazio. Tried on the Napoli once in store, my regular 42 fit well but I could use a little bit more room in the thighs. Sized up to a 44 on both the Washington and lazio, but since I'm 5'10" I'm thinking they might be too long. I'll try them on tonight and post some pics.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Thank you for your insight and photos! I already own the brown flannel Hudson. I love it and it looks absolutely elegant. This Havana looks amazing too. Do you think it would be a good addition for me to buy this one too? Or is this Havana is a whole new story style wise?

If you're a big fan of brown suits I'd definitely recommend buying this one. The flannel one may become too warm in spring/summer depending on where you live, and this one seems to have a nice open weave without the downsides of the linen creasing so much.

The Havana is pretty much a brother to the Hudson. The main differences I can see are the pleated shoulders, wider lapels, and the patch breast pocket on the Hudson.

I own 2 Havanas and 1 Hudson and my Hudson fits considerably slimmer than both the Havanas, but I've tried on and returned a Hudson which fit very similar to my Havanas, so I think my Hudson may be a one-off considering the measurement charts.

If you wear a larger size make sure you consider that the Havana lapels may end up looking narrower than expected, same for the Hudson if you wear a smaller size, they may turn out to look wider than expected, but this is all mostly preference.

Isn't the second photo blue though? (or is that white balance)

Looks great either way. I want to try this Havana. Muscular shoulders can be a problem, however.

It's in natural lightning and I don't think my phone cameras auto-adjust works very well. Also I'm pretty bad at taking pictures.
shog[1].gif

I'd advise you to try it, you'll never know if you don't.

If it does work for you, a whole new world of unpadded shoulder suits will open up, and if it doesn't work for you, free returns!

VincentVogan

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Does any of you have any experience buying a Jort from one of their brick-and-mortar stores? I ask because I love how the suit looks on Jort Keller (or whathever he's called) on the website, but perhaps I'll need some alternations, and don't want to look like my clothes are too tight, which I know SuSu is famous for doing with their clients' suits.

Also, I'm 176 cm high (5.77 feet), medium-built, and was wondering if the jacket isn't too long for me. I found on the internet that Jort, the model, is 188 cm tall, considerably taller than I am, so perhaps it looks good on him, but wouldn't look so good on me.

elzarka9

Reaction score
Received only one of two suits. Called and the rep said she'd speak with the warehouse and get back to me, because it seems like both were supposed to be shipped together. This is the lazio I received: http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...id=Suits&prefn1=styleFit&prefv1=Classic-Lazio

Any thoughts on or experience with this suit?

Also, this is the Washington I am waiting to receive.
http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...refn1=styleFit&prefv1=Contemporary-Washington

Edit: some pics of the lazio. They're pretty bad pics, but how does the shoulder look, and if there are any other thoughts, please share. Sorry for the awful pictures.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Blue flannel Havana tonight.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
Received only one of two suits. Called and the rep said she'd speak with the warehouse and get back to me, because it seems like both were supposed to be shipped together. This is the lazio I received: http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...id=Suits&prefn1=styleFit&prefv1=Classic-Lazio

Any thoughts on or experience with this suit?

Also, this is the Washington I am waiting to receive.
http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...refn1=styleFit&prefv1=Contemporary-Washington

Edit: some pics of the lazio. They're pretty bad pics, but how does the shoulder look, and if there are any other thoughts, please share. Sorry for the awful pictures.

Shoulders look good. I like that Lazio based on what I've seen on the website and your pictures. I have never seen that Washington in person, but I don't particularly like it based on online pictures.

elzarka9

Reaction score

Shoulders look good.  I like that Lazio based on what I've seen on the website and your pictures.  I have never seen that Washington in person, but I don't particularly like it based on online pictures.

Thanks man. I'm hoping that the Washington is a little darker than it looks online. I've seen the faux uni Napoli and I'm a fan of the very slightly heather kind of look. Still trying to build foundational suiting so didn't want to get something too crazy. I like the wide peak lapels and I feel like it might be a good combo with a medium grey. Hopefully it gets here soon and I can post some pics.

nttdocomo

Reaction score
It's in natural lightning and I don't think my phone cameras auto-adjust works very well. Also I'm pretty bad at taking pictures.
shog%5B1%5D.gif

I'd advise you to try it, you'll never know if you don't.

If it does work for you, a whole new world of unpadded shoulder suits will open up, and if it doesn't work for you, free returns!

OK, so it's phone white balance making it look blue, no problem :)

I might well give it a try. May I ask what tie that is? Looks lovely.

Also, is it good practice to not button the top button of a waistcoat?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads