• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Maerhyl

Reaction score
Don't worry about lettIng the vents out, suitsupply will take it back f you return it.

I have tried a few of their things. The jackets are amazing, the cuts are splendid.
The italia has a bit too much shoulders and is slightly too long for my taste but it covers the ass for this who like that.

Copenhagen is great and depending on the cotton used may be too snug even in the same size. I wear a 42 but I'm getting bigger so it's just me.

I tried two trousers, the five pocket and the blue cotton one. The five pocket was slim and the 34 was too snug. I'll need to try a 36. I usually wear a 33.

The blue trousers were a very strange fit. The 34 were baggy, low seat and narrow at the bottom of the legs. Strange pants, really.

The shirts I didnt like. I tried a 16.5 extra slim and while the chest was ok, the sleeves are a little too roomy and the midsection is not slim enough at 21.25 inches. I'm muscular with no belly.

So this is my experience so far. I live the suits but my concern is that the pants that come with the 42 are 36. There are limits to what a tailor can do.

There should be more separates choice really.

WaterlooMike

Reaction score

@ WaterlooMike - what do your other suit jackets and sport coats look like from the same view? Does your arse push out all of them, or just this one?

Just seems to be this one. the last MTM suit I had done is a drop 8. It was also a 43L. i went 42L because of the shoulder measurements. They are closest to what I typically wear, and the jacket does fit well in the shoulder, and isn't crazy snug in the chest.

I've posted a pic below. It's the suit I'm referring to, unfortunately, same area, same crappy pics. I will figure out a better location/invest in a tripod sometime. Please forgive the bunching in the lower back... caused by robopose I believe.

I'm on my way to my tailor this afternoon to collect some shirts I've had worked on. I'll bring the jacket, and ask for his opinion about letting out the waist some. Something tells me I'm still going to end up returning this...

Thanks for all the feedback.

jaymac10

Reaction score
Thinking about ordering a suit from SS soon.

I'm 5.10 190lb's and wear a 42R.

I'm a bit concerned about what size I should get? The measurements that are posted on SS website for a 42R seem almost perfect for me, however, I read a post about a guy who's also normally a 42R getting a 38 and it fitting well!

Im looking to get at least 2-3 new suits from them... I guess I could just buy two sizes of each of them and return the ones that don't fit...

Thoughts?

bluesman528

Reaction score

Thinking about ordering a suit from SS soon.
I'm 5.10 190lb's and wear a 42R.
I'm a bit concerned about what size I should get? The measurements that are posted on SS website for a 42R seem almost perfect for me, however, I read a post about a guy who's also normally a 42R getting a 38 and it fitting well!

I never saw anyone getting a 38 instead of a 42 who did not have a much too large suit before. Go with your size for the start. If it does not fit send it back. I am aware that american sizes can be quite big compared with european ones but I am size 52 (= 42R in US/UK) normally and use 54 (= 44R) with Suitsupply.

The different Suitsupply models are cut quite differently though, the suit size means usually only chest size and disregards all other measurements. If you have a prominent belly I would not recommend the Napoli cut because of high button stance and the Washington/Lazio/Jort cuts because they are too slim for you in your size. Sienna and London would be the way to go then. You see it's better you try it by yourself at a Suitsupply brick&mortar shop. Such recommendations from a distance can be risky.

Last edited:

jaymac10

Reaction score
Does anyone have a promo code for Suitsupply that they can PM me??

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I could also use a promo code if there are any out there

I'm not even sure if such a thing exists. As I wrote above, I asked the SA when I was in New York and they said they don't do sales!

johnnyletrois

Reaction score
I'm very annoyed that the sleeves are so short on the Napoli in the regular sizes.

jaymac10

Reaction score
Well I just ordered nine suits today :)

Got 2 Sienna's and the rest Napoli's.

We'll see how they fit and go from their. If they Fit well enought to keep, I'll keep them all.... But will send back the ones that don't!

Keep you posted!

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
9 with 7 of them the same cut? Why didn't you just order one of each cut to try sizing out first?

jaymac10

Reaction score

9 with 7 of them the same cut? Why didn't you just order one of each cut to try sizing out first?

I save an extra step by ordering all at once. Really makes no difference if I return 1 or 7.

If I need a different size, again it really makes no difference between returning 1 or 10!

Go big or go home!

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just seems wasteful. If its free returns, it potentially wastes a company's money. If its not, it could waste yours.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I just ordered nine suits today
smile.gif

Got 2 Sienna's and the rest Napoli's.
We'll see how they fit and go from their. If they Fit well enought to keep, I'll keep them all.... But will send back the ones that don't!
Keep you posted!

Can you please post a fit picture of the Sienna and the Napoli. Would like to see the difference in the cuts on the same person.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads