• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SartoriaModerna

Reaction score
hello guys im waitings since long time didnt see suitsupply sale, do you know any information perhaps. i dont know what other brand could be an alternative so i want to buy from suit supply

Suitsupply never run seasonal sales. However, they used to have "online outlets" where they clear out old stocks that was run 1-2 times a year, but they stopped offering these stock clearance events since a few years back already. Mainly due to (much much) lower production levels and rising prices of overstock.

Other brands you could try in similar price points with MTO options and decent quality are: Spier & mackay, Pini Parma, Lopez Aragon, Lanieri, Proper Cloth etc.

Last edited:

St1X

Reaction score
I would recommend taking a coat you own and measuring the length of that versus what you want your new coat to be. I'm planning to order a custom made overcoat but found I need 15cm of extra length for it to fall just past the knee. The extended length is +25cm which would put it halfway down my calf.
You can always decrease it to +15cm

alfredt

Reaction score
You can always decrease it to +15cm
Not exactly but pretty close. You can adjust the length up/down by up to 8cm. So in my case I'll choose the extended length and then decrease by 8cm to reach +17cm versus standard. Close enough.

SartoriaModerna

Reaction score
Prices on the US websites just jumped (again). At this point I'm at a loss for words.
It has come to my attention that some old items are restocked for the upcoming spring/summer season, but at a caveat that prices indeed rose again. Two different casual vests for example that I bought in mid-November 2022 and end-June 2022 are now restocked but 15% and 54% more expensive respectively. (199EUR then November vs 229 EUR now & 149EUR then June vs 229EUR now)

It's hard to wrap my head around how a casual vest can cost 54% more in 8 months time. This even beats the S&P 500... This is starting to be way more than the price hike we have seen with other brands.

kithking23

Reaction score
It’s more about greed at this point, reason why others are starting to look more of a bargain.

St1X

Reaction score
Suits that used to cost ~450 eur a little bit over the year ago now cost ~700 eur in Sweden. Half canvas, no hand work.

RavenBespoke

Reaction score
Shocked to see some of their RTW reach $900, with the only justification appearing to be the fabric type/composition. Their MTM seems to have only gone up a small increment, but at the very least you can get full canvas and all the other odds and ends. Will be curious to see how long it stays that way.

davidazio

Reaction score
Shocked to see some of their RTW reach $900, with the only justification appearing to be the fabric type/composition. Their MTM seems to have only gone up a small increment, but at the very least you can get full canvas and all the other odds and ends. Will be curious to see how long it stays that way.

Honestly their value hasn't changed that much despite the price increases. Even at almost 2x the price of when they started their starter suits are still insane value for young guys building a professional wardrobe.

Whoever wants something non-standard - fabric, cut, item of clothing - pays a hefty premium. The value proposition is still very good, but I agree that at the new prices there starts being comparable (or even significantly better for things like knits and trousers) alternatives.

I also am curious to see where they go from here.

archipel

Reaction score
Prices at the manufacturers have increased (15% at E. Thomas for example) and Italian mills are experiencing enormous demands but have fired quite some people during COVID, so this might also have to do something with it. But I think not to the extend that SuitSupply has increased the prices.

archipel

Reaction score
Anyone who has experience with this coat? How does Yak/Cashmere compare to 100% Cashmere?
I would wear it without the belt though.

J830_104.jpg

SartoriaModerna

Reaction score
Anyone who has experience with this coat? How does Yak/Cashmere compare to 100% Cashmere?
I would wear it without the belt though.

J830_104.jpg

I have no experience with this coat, nor with yak-cashmere blend from Suitsupply, but generally cashmere is finer between 14-19 microns and Yak down is 17-20 microns. This means 100% cashmere will definitely feel softer in hand than a yak-cashmere blend, though Yak has its own advantages. It's actually much more moisture absorbent (even more than cashmere and merino wool) and it retains warmth more than cashmere on a fiber basis, though other factors play a large role in this imo.

For those who care about sustainability: You can find many articles about Yak being more sustainable than cashmere, but I actually doubt it as it's hard to define "sustainability" in Inner Mongolia where there is no hard defined parameters to make a comparison between cashmere production and yak production. It's also coincidently that many media outlets reports the yak fiber in western world with a clickbait title around the same time period.

Getting back to the coat, I think Yak blend is a good choice though, as it's much more weather resistant and easier to maintain without giving up too much softness as the next best alternative blend is a cashmere-wool blend for such coats.

Last edited:

archipel

Reaction score
Thanks for the elaborate reply. It seems like it is a good choice for a coat. One of the downsides of cashmere I find is that it is not that durable, something this blend seems to fix. I also like that it is a little bit warmer.

I wear 48 in suits and 50 in the overcoats (Vincenza fit) and I got a friend selling that coat for a good price in 50 but it seems as if the Torino fit is a lot larger than the Vincenza fit. So I have to be on the lookout for a 48 instead, sadly. Otherwise, your response would have certainly made me purchase it.

Kal Varnsen

Reaction score
My days, Suitsupply has really cranked up their prices the last 24 months.

Right? Like, I just checked out their website the other day, and nearly every suit is over a thousand. Suitsupply seemed like they initially set themselves out to be an affordable alternate, now I don't see how they can continue to do that. Or is clothing just expensive across the board now?

jko

Reaction score
Every time the prices go up, people say that other brands are starting to look more attractive but no one ever mentions any real alternatives.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads