• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SartoriaModerna

Reaction score
What are the thoughts of this casentino coat?

J912_1.jpg

Unless you go for a Pitti Uomo look, this color is not appealing imo. Maybe nicer as a color pop piece in a much smaller size such as a scarf or a handkerchief or so.

davidazio

Reaction score
Looks like Suitsupply has expanded their range of jackets with a "Roma" model, and are also offering the option to do a concave lapel in Custom Made. Does anyone have first-hand experience with the Roma jacket and/or concave lapel option?

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That concave lapel is right up my alley. Looks really good to me.

Edit: They finally made it possible for dinner jackets to have self faced lapels.

Last edited:

TheSupplier

Reaction score
It’s also their “biggest” fit ever. According to the size chart it’s longer and bigger than even the Napoli fit. Only thing that hasn’t changed is the sleeve length

davidazio

Reaction score
It’s also their “biggest” fit ever. According to the size chart it’s longer and bigger than even the Napoli fit. Only thing that hasn’t changed is the sleeve length

Yes, curious to see the silhouette as it could go both ways. I wonder if it's already in stores, as I'll be traveling through a city with one tomorrow...

On another note, has anyone tried the Duca trousers? Looks like Suitsupply is finally providing options for more relaxed fits.

BlairW

Reaction score
Question re overcoats - if moving from regular to long sizing, does the button stance change? ie. is it a lower buttoning stance between size 50 and 102?

G.Gatz

Reaction score
I'm interested to hear what individuals on this forum have to say on the quality and fit of Suitsupply's knitwear. Just want to know how Suitsupply's choice of merino wool and cotton/silk fabrics holds up for its value.

Also, is it just me or are the knitwears aggressively slim? Usually a small but often have to opt for a medium. I don't mind it too much as I guess I fit into their targeted young demographic who likes to wear slim clothing. Sleeve length is fine, just the chest area sometimes feels constricting. Should I stick with a small and stretch out the chest area with my hands or go up to a medium altogether?

Always appreciate new opinions and insights - thanks

SartoriaModerna

Reaction score
I'm interested to hear what individuals on this forum have to say on the quality and fit of Suitsupply's knitwear. Just want to know how Suitsupply's choice of merino wool and cotton/silk fabrics holds up for its value.

Also, is it just me or are the knitwears aggressively slim? Usually a small but often have to opt for a medium. I don't mind it too much as I guess I fit into their targeted young demographic who likes to wear slim clothing. Sleeve length is fine, just the chest area sometimes feels constricting. Should I stick with a small and stretch out the chest area with my hands or go up to a medium altogether?

Always appreciate new opinions and insights - thanks

Stylewise:
I actually buy a lot of casualwear at SS, including knitwear. I do like their casualwear very much as many of their casual pieces can be matched together as an outfit (so a big plus if you like tone-on-tone outfits). They offer their colourways wisely so that many colors offered under the same name are different, but still close enough for tone-on-tone layering. For ex. 'off-whites' knits in their product range bear the same name but are actually different shades of off-white.

Fit:
After buying heaps of knits at SS (and also other known knit brands) , SS knits indeed fit quite on the slim slide. It's similar to Italian knits in sizing imo so true to size if you are used to that, and if you like scottish knit brands such as William Lockie or Nordic brands such as Rubato, where the cut is much more relaxed, then you definitely need to size up.

I have found that thick knits at SS are more of a regular fit compared to their other knits, for ex: the thick weave button cardigans, the wool/cashmere thick rollneck etc. They don't mention the gauges or ply-s, but basically any 4-plyish or sub-8 gauge from Suitsupply have much more room in the chest and waist compared to their finer knits. I barely can close the zip with their thin merino full zip cardigans in my usual size, while their thick high neck button cardigan have plenty of room left for layering. Maybe they account for layering with thicker knits. So keep in mind to size up with finer knits. (merino/silk blend etc.)

Quality:
Knit quality used to be **** back in the days, now it's much better imo. They are also more transparent about the mill and yarn so you are sure it's not Zara stuff. However, don't expect the quality to be alike of other knitbrands such as Malo, Gran Sasso, Fedeli, William Lockie etc. You immediately see the difference in stitching and the knits of the other knit brands are in general much softer, (especially for cashmere). No holes or such in my SS knits till now (oldest ones are 9 months or so), but can't vouch for the longevity if you plan on wearing it years. Also depends how you rotate them I guess.

Verdicht: For the price you pay (at least if they don't raise another 10% each year), I would recommend the knits for layering and daily use. It's nice way to play tone-on-tone outfits without breaking the bank. It's also definitely better than Uniqlo or any other high-street fashion brand imo, but it's not for you if you expect a good soft knit piece that you can wear for years ahead with premium yarn. Also not recommended if you hate the slim italian cut.

Last edited:

G.Gatz

Reaction score
Prices on the US websites just jumped (again). At this point I'm at a loss for words.

G.Gatz

Reaction score
Stylewise:
I actually buy a lot of casualwear at SS, including knitwear. I do like their casualwear very much as many of their casual pieces can be matched together as an outfit (so a big plus if you like tone-on-tone outfits). They offer their colourways wisely so that many colors offered under the same name are different, but still close enough for tone-on-tone layering. For ex. 'off-whites' knits in their product range bear the same name but are actually different shades of off-white.

Fit:
After buying heaps of knits at SS (and also other known knit brands) , SS knits indeed fit quite on the slim slide. It's similar to Italian knits in sizing imo so true to size if you are used to that, and if you like scottish knit brands such as William Lockie or Nordic brands such as Rubato, where the cut is much more relaxed, then you definitely need to size up.

I have found that thick knits at SS are more of a regular fit compared to their other knits, for ex: the thick weave button cardigans, the wool/cashmere thick rollneck etc. They don't mention the gauges or ply-s, but basically any 4-plyish or sub-8 gauge from Suitsupply have much more room in the chest and waist compared to their finer knits. I barely can close the zip with their thin merino full zip cardigans in my usual size, while their thick high neck button cardigan have plenty of room left for layering. Maybe they account for layering with thicker knits. So keep in mind to size up with finer knits. (merino/silk blend etc.)

Quality:
Knit quality used to be **** back in the days, now it's much better imo. They are also more transparent about the mill and yarn so you are sure it's not Zara stuff. However, don't expect the quality to be alike of other knitbrands such as Malo, Gran Sasso, Fedeli, William Lockie etc. You immediately see the difference in stitching and the knits of the other knit brands are in general much softer, (especially for cashmere). No holes or such in my SS knits till now (oldest ones are 9 months or so), but can't vouch for the longevity if you plan on wearing it years. Also depends how you rotate them I guess.

Verdicht: For the price you pay (at least if they don't raise another 10% each year), I would recommend the knits for layering and daily use. It's nice way to play tone-on-tone outfits without breaking the bank. It's also definitely better than Uniqlo or any other high-street fashion brand imo, but it's not for you if you expect a good soft knit piece that you can wear for years ahead with premium yarn. Also not recommended if you hate the slim italian cut.
Can't thank you enough for your insight. It seems that there is more interest on the suits rather than the casual/knitwear on this forum. Suitsupply (before the numerous price increases they had recently), fit a niche where the fit and aesthetic was comparable to more well-established European brands, but with the price-tag of your traditional mall-brands. I've 'invested' a decent amount into their knitwear collection, so I hope that they last for a decent period of time.

I didn't even notice this until you mentioned the 'tone on tone' outfits. Whoever is curating Suitsupply's choice of fabric colours really has a dial down on colour theory, because you can practically mix and match any of the casual items within the Suitsupply line-up and look presentable.

BlairW

Reaction score
Has anybody ordered an extended length overcoat from the custom program? Trying to gauge the proportions and interested to see some pictures..

duckfriend99

Reaction score
hello guys im waitings since long time didnt see suitsupply sale, do you know any information perhaps. i dont know what other brand could be an alternative so i want to buy from suit supply

Luke95

Reaction score
Anyone have an example of a single breasted wide peak lapel tuxedo? Looking at potentially ordering one custom but have not seen any outside of the custom tool!

alfredt

Reaction score
Has anybody ordered an extended length overcoat from the custom program? Trying to gauge the proportions and interested to see some pictures..
I would recommend taking a coat you own and measuring the length of that versus what you want your new coat to be. I'm planning to order a custom made overcoat but found I need 15cm of extra length for it to fall just past the knee. The extended length is +25cm which would put it halfway down my calf.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads