• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try Vinted to sell your suits.
Also you can keep the jacket as a sport coat, it'll pair well with lots of items
The jacket I’ll keep for sure! But other full suits I want to sell. Thanks!

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For anyone wondering, this is their reply:

Dear Mr. X,

Thank you for your email.

Based on the picture provided, it seems like the issue has occurred due to too much rubbing on the fabric. Considering the area, it is quite a common issue for a lot of people and is usually caused externally, rather it being a production issue. The fabric that was used for your trousers is made out of a delicate blend of wool, silk and linen and has been produced by a famous British mill "Marling & Evans", which is considered a synonym of quality and luxury around the world. However, no matter your body type, there's a good chance your thighs touch and rub together when you walk, which is absolutely normal, however unfortunately it thinners the fabric and it rips in a result. Therefore, the life-span of a pair of trousers made of such delicate blend, can therefore greatly vary depending on usage, frequency of usage, and other similar factors. That being said, although very unfortunate and fully understandable that this must be disappointing, please be advised that the issue you have experienced is not related to the quality of the fabric of garment itself.

Furthermore, the order you are referring to has been placed four years ago at this point and unfortunately we do not provide any warranty in such cases. Please be advised, that the fabric used for the Brown Houndstooth Havana Suit (P5746) is additionally no longer available in stock.

I hope this information proves helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any further assistance.

Kind regards,

Suitsupply Customer Service

Honestly I did not expect anything else, it's nice of them to reply at all and I already stopped buying from them since the last outlet and don't plan to again. But I still have leftover suits which I use and I have the most difficulty to sell for some reason.

Do you guys have any luck selling your suits? Ebay?
Well the good thing is that that fabric wasn't made to make trousers anyway. Now you can use the jacket as it was intended, as an odd jacket :)

Edit: saw that you already mentioned this.

A12321

Reaction score
What I read about Alpaca is that it is too soft and unstructured to be used without any blend for tailoring. Even with expensive tailoring, there is some blend involved (either synthetics if a high % alpaca, or wool if lower percentage). But I'm not a fabric expert.

Does anyone have experience with the alpaca blends from Ferla (427301)? I'm looking for a warm, substantial, preferably non-worsted fabric for a winter waistcoat. This looks like it may fit the bill, but the polyamide content gives me pause. Would the Solbiati S00982.1 be a better option?

I have a 2-pc made from Ferla from a different house. The fabric blend is 92% alpaca / 8% polyamide. It is a thick flannel and one of my warmest for winter time.

Baked Potato

Reaction score
How's your experience with their circular flannel as a trouser material? They're very good priced for the offered weight (340g). My regular go to MtM charges more for even lighter fabrics. Do they hold up well?

pomor

Reaction score

Switching topics completely, when you worked at Suitsupply Stockholm, did many people comment on their risqué ads? I sort of, kind of miss them! The fun is gone now. Hoping for a new spring/summer campaign that brings more of the old back ;)

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Switching topics completely, when you worked at Suitsupply Stockholm, did many people comment on their risky ads? I sort of kind of miss them! The fun is gone now. Hoping for a new spring summer campaign that brings more with the old ;)
No they didn’t, at the time we didn’t have anything extravagant. But for all their “I don’t care attitude” they didn’t dare display them in say the Middle East. I didn’t mind their ads until that gross kid-pandemic orgy promo.

nmkef

Reaction score
How's your experience with their circular flannel as a trouser material? They're very good priced for the offered weight (340g). My regular go to MtM charges more for even lighter fabrics. Do they hold up well?
I recently got a 2 piece in the circular flannel (https://suitsupply.com/en-us/men/suits/light-brown-havana-suit/C6323-S2.html) and have worn it a few times (<10). Comfortable and warm, and certainly feels like they'll hold up well when comparing to others I've worn much more. Can't "really" say, but it doesn't feel as "fragile" as say the silk-linen-cotton ferla blend I got a 2 piece DB in.

pomor

Reaction score
No they didn’t, at the time we didn’t have anything extravagant. But for all their “I don’t care attitude” they didn’t dare display them in say the Middle East. I didn’t mind their ads until that gross kid-pandemic orgy promo.
I kind of liked the ones where the mini versions of men were sliding down giant women. This was maybe 4 or 5 years ago

pomor

Reaction score
That one was quite funny actually!

How are you liking Italy so far? Quite a contrast from the cold of Sweden. Stockholm had a huge snowstorm last week. I have actually been back and forth several times, and Stockholm is pretty vibrant. Slussen is taking forever to finish, but it was expected. I think by 2025 it will be mostly done? I I think people dress quite tastefully, and not just in Östermalm where there's obviously money. But even in other neighborhoods, the casual styles are quite well put together. In North America people just throw anything on and go out

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are you liking Italy so far? Quite a contrast from the cold of Sweden. Stockholm had a huge snowstorm last week. I have actually been back and forth several times, and Stockholm is pretty vibrant. Slussen is taking forever to finish, but it was expected. I think by 2025 it will be mostly done? I I think people dress quite tastefully, and not just in Östermalm where there's obviously money. But even in other neighborhoods, the casual styles are quite well put together. In North America people just throw anything on and go out
Moving to Italy was the best decision of my (recent) life. I saw the snowstorm and we had like 18 degrees here! Slussen has been going on for ages. I look mostly at shoes and I see the same “wear whatever colorful sneaker you want with your suit as long as it’s comfy”. But yes I find them mostly tasteful! sweden is not a bad place to be, but I couldn’t handle the weather, food and difficulty to make friends.

more on topic, I wonder what happened to the store now. Very few of the original people are still there.

pomor

Reaction score
Moving to Italy was the best decision of my (recent) life. I saw the snowstorm and we had like 18 degrees here! Slussen has been going on for ages. I look mostly at shoes and I see the same “wear whatever colorful sneaker you want with your suit as long as it’s comfy”. But yes I find them mostly tasteful! sweden is not a bad place to be, but I couldn’t handle the weather, food and difficulty to make friends.

more on topic, I wonder what happened to the store now. Very few of the original people are still there.

I get what you're saying!
Sometimes I give off some of that "loud American" vibe, and the Swedes definitely look at you funny. I don't like the ugly American stereotype though, so I do try to behave when I'm in a 99% Swedish community. People feel more open when you're in a mall or something where 75% of people are immigrants. No one is surprised about anything in that type of a situation. I have to say, I'm very disappointed in Nordiska Kompaniet. It kind of feels like an IKEA on steroids. And I generally don't like Drottningsgatan either. There are some very nice stores in the same neighborhood as Suitsupply but they're kind of out of the way of main shoppers which is how I like it!

About Italy though, I want to visit Lake Como area so badly! Doesn't matter if it's winter or summer[/QUOTE]

BMC

Reaction score

I have a pair of their trousers in grey woolen circular flannel. The material is very comfortable, but I teared the crotch quite quickly. As a Dutchman, I do cycle a lot, so this probably contributed to the blowout. I think the blowout happened after wearing the trousers fifteen times. In the SuSu shop, they've told there's nothing the tailors could do about it. So I did the job myself and zigzagged an old grey cotton t-shirt to fix the gap:

Screenshot_2022-11-29_13-31-33.png

Screenshot_2022-11-29_13-31-49.png

Screenshot_2022-11-29_13-32-01.png

ymmv, but in my opinion it's not very hard wearing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads