• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
Can someone help me with SuitSupply's custom made service? I just sent some questions to customer service but that was like talking to a brick wall.

1. When choosing size, what exactly is the pattern based on? Havana? Lazio?

1664906472252.png

2. There are advanced size options one can choose, for example collar height. There is possibilty to reduce or increase the collar height, but with reference to what? Am I suppose make an order, analyze that order, return that order and make a new second order and make said collar height amendment?

1664906504335.png

A-Lawson

Reaction score
Can someone help me with SuitSupply's custom made service? I just sent some questions to customer service but that was like talking to a brick wall.

2. There are advanced size options one can choose, for example collar height. There is possibilty to reduce or increase the collar height, but with reference to what? Am I suppose make an order, analyze that order, return that order and make a new second order and make said collar height amendment?
The customer service at SuitSupply are absolutely braindead, and most of the time do not even read your questions, and give an answer that is so obviously half-assed that you bruise yourself from facepalming, or answer something entirely different.

Unfortunate, indeed.

1. Lazio, but it's quite similar to Havana.

2. If you have too much fabric (forming a roll, or bunching of fabric; see pic below) you reduce the amount of fabric BELOW the back of the collar, by the respective length that you choose. If you have a collar gap, caused by too little fabric, meaning that the collar does not hug your shirt-collar closely and instead leaves a gap between the collar of the jacket and the collar of the shirt, then you increase the collar height.
198298128912.JPG

Be aware though, that a similar roll can be caused by sloped shoulders, so you shouldn't make these adjustments yourself unless you know what you're doing and your own body through the eyes of a tailor.

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
The customer service at SuitSupply is absolutely braindead, and most of the time do not even read your questions, and give an answer that is so obviously half-assed that you bruise yourself from facepalming, or answer something entirely different.

Unfortunate, indeed.

1. Lazio, but it's quite similar to Havana.

2. If you have too much fabric (forming a roll, or bunching of fabric; see pic below) you reduce the amount of fabric BELOW the back of the collar, by the respective length that you choose. If you have a collar gap, caused by too little fabric, meaning that the collar does not hug your shirt-collar closely and instead leaves a gap between the collar of the jacket and the collar of the shirt, then you increase the collar height.
View attachment 1839746

Be aware though, that a similar roll can be caused by sloped shoulders, so you shouldn't make these adjustments yourself unless you know what you're doing and your own body through the eyes of a tailor.

1. Damn it, I tried Lazio and the cut is way to close to the body near the arm holes. With Lazio 54 US I get shoulder dimples and the waist looks weird as hell. Why does it seem to drape so weirdly from the chest. I might have to try the Lazio 56 US.

1664908736762.png

2. "...then you increase the collar height". Okey, so the reference point is an RTW Lazio jacket? For example, I get shoulder dimples with the Lazio 54 US RTW as seen in the attached photo. So, when using the custom made service I should order the size 54, but I should increase the arm hole size moderately or greatly, or whatever?

3. Have you got any clue about what the lapel width might be for these? Standard or wide? I should have asked the associates but they were busy...

1664909068866.png

A-Lawson

Reaction score
1. Damn it, I tried Lazio and the cut is way to close to the body near the arm holes. With Lazio 54 US I get shoulder dimples and the waist looks weird as hell. Why does it seem to drape so weirdly from the chest. I might have to try the Lazio 56 US.

View attachment 1839750

2. "...then you increase the collar height". Okey, so the reference point is an RTW Lazio jacket? For example, I get shoulder dimples with the Lazio 54 US RTW as seen in the attached photo. So, when using the custom made service I should order the size 54, but I should increase the arm hole size moderately or greatly, or whatever?

View attachment 1839752
Havana and Lazio have the same sleeve length, so the picture is a bit confusing, could be due to the padding or lack thereof.

The weird drape on the chest is caused by sloped shoulders, and from the picture I can tell that your left shoulder (left side on the picture, assuming this is a picture taken in a mirror), is more sloped than your right shoulder (right side on the pictures). In other words, one shoulder is lower than the other, that's why you only see it on one side.

There are a few other things, but they are hard to tell by the pictures and without seeing the back, but I would honestly have an employee make a size-passport for you, so you can order with that later. Check online and book an appointment with an employee with the most experience at the nearest store available to you.

Unless you feel that the armhole is too small, cutting into your armpit or restricting movement, I wouldn't touch it.

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
Havana and Lazio have the same sleeve length, so the picture is a bit confusing, could be due to the padding or lack thereof.

The weird drape on the chest is caused by sloped shoulders, and from the picture I can tell that your left shoulder (left side on the picture, assuming this is a picture taken in a mirror), is more sloped than your right shoulder (right side on the pictures). In other words, one shoulder is lower than the other, that's why you only see it on one side.

There are a few other things, but they are hard to tell by the pictures and without seeing the back, but I would honestly have an employee make a size-passport for you, so you can order with that later. Check online and book an appointment with an employee with the most experience at the nearest store available to you.

Unless you feel that the armhole is too small, cutting into your armpit or restricting movement, I wouldn't touch it.
I recall the that the armwholes were cutting into my armpits. Maybe that is why the sleeve length seems to be shorter for the Lazio because the shoulders did not fit properly.

Also, my left shoulder is substantially higher than my right shoulder. I was addicted to first person shooters when I was younger. My left arm is taking the photos.

Yeah, I guess I'll have to take a trip to either Denmark or Stockholm. My concern is I don't trust the sales associates. Everyone seems to have their own interpretation of what perfect is...

Thanks for your tips mate!

A-Lawson

Reaction score
I recall the that the armwholes were cutting into my armpits. Maybe that is why the sleeve length seems to be shorter for the Lazio because the shoulders did not fit properly.

Also, my left shoulder is substantially higher than my right shoulder. I was addicted to first person shooters when I was younger. My left arm is taking the photos.

Yeah, I guess I'll have to take a trip to either Denmark or Stockholm. My concern is I don't trust the sales associates. Judging by the profile pics of the sales associate of Sweden I need some holy water in my eyes.... not saying I am a fashion guru though.

Thanks for your tips mate!
Look at the reps fit on their individual photos, years of experience and general feedback. Should be a decent guideline, I hope.

Also, I honestly think the 56 sits the best on you, apart from the aforementioned issues and sleeve-length. The closing button-placement seems to be where it should be, and I have a personal bias for traditional fit and length which is a bit longer than what you see most of the time today.

You're welcome! I empathize with anyone struggling with SuitSupply's joke of a customer service dept.

Jazzthief

Reaction score

View attachment 1839743

View attachment 1839744
Do not do these adjustments yourself! Especially if this is your first order from Suitsupply and you do not have an established pattern there. These are only for when you know exactly what you are doing. You have no reference or feel to the try-on garment. For your first custom piece always go to an on-location store.

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
Do not do these adjustments yourself! Especially if this is your first order from Suitsupply and you do not have an established pattern there. These are only for when you know exactly what you are doing. You have no reference or feel to the try-on garment. For your first custom piece always go to an on-location store.
That's ideal, but the nearest SuitSupply is 5 hours away with train, or the neighbouring country. At best I could order some jackets and just return them for free.

Jazzthief

Reaction score
That's ideal, but the nearest SuitSupply is 5 hours away with train, or the neighbouring country. At best I could order some jackets and just return them for free.
You might very well get screwed over with that. They really do not want to take returns on custom pieces and in this instance I could not blame them if anything goes awry.

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
You might very well get screwed over with that. They really do not want to take returns on custom pieces and in this instance I could not blame them if anything goes awry.
Really? I thought return of custom pieces was free, crap...

nmkef

Reaction score
Honestly sounds like the only reasonable path not involving travel would be to order a standard jacket, have someone measure it, and then order based on those measurements. Without the ability to easily have the free alterations done on custom made it seems like a bad idea altogether though...

Jazzthief

Reaction score
Really? I thought return of custom pieces was free, crap...
Honestly sounds like the only reasonable path not involving travel would be to order a standard jacket, have someone measure it, and then order based on those measurements. Without the ability to easily have the free alterations done on custom made it seems like a bad idea altogether though...
I would try some made-to-measure option closer to home. Suitsupply really is not worth it anymore when it comes to price + quality - the quality has stayed the same (mediocre), but the price has increased significantly. Their in-store measuring process quality can also vary too much to be trustworthy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads