• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-Lawson

Reaction score
Hello all,

First post here. I just bought two MTM shirts from SuSu, one with button down collar, the other with the classic collar. Both were with the 4cm collar height.

The button down collar one is very nice, I am absolutely pleased with it. I love the 3.5 inches point length.

I am disappointed with the classic collar. Point length being 3 inches and collar height at 4 cm, the tip of the collar is almost flying. Overall, it looks quite cheap.

Given that SuSu MTM shirts are my most comfortable, I would like to order from them again, but don't want the disappointment.

I went to my local store, and asked for the point length of the widespread collar. They told me if was even shorter, which I find hard to believe. They did not provide anymore details and were generally quite unhelpful. On the website, the widespread collar looks very nice and full, but so does the classic collar.

Does anyone know the measurements of the widespread collar?

Thanks!
The widespread collar points are not 3.5".
Pic below was sent to me by customer service in February. I have one with a collar with 4cm height, and the points are about the same as the picture.

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-16 at 17.57.07.jpeg

8 cm = 3.15"

gonnagetmine

Reaction score
Looking for some feedback to make sure this getup will work.

Suit Supply Blue Bird's Eye Sienna Suit
White Slim Fit Suit Supply Shirt
Kent Wang Grenadine Navy Tie
Kent Wang Rickshaw Cart Pocket Square
Dark Brown Suede Dress belt
Dark Brown Suede Chukka
Magenta Drake's dress socks

Thank you
I think it works. I think it would be best if the pocket square is showing some of the light blue to complement the navy tie. The socks I'm not so sure about. With colored socks I like them to tie in somehow.

Jazzthief

Reaction score

A-Lawson

Reaction score
Looking for some feedback to make sure this getup will work.

Suit Supply Blue Bird's Eye Sienna Suit
White Slim Fit Suit Supply Shirt
Kent Wang Grenadine Navy Tie
Kent Wang Rickshaw Cart Pocket Square
Dark Brown Suede Dress belt
Dark Brown Suede Chukka
Magenta Drake's dress socks

Thank you
1. I'm fairly sure you will regret buying a suit with skinny lapels and a low-waisted pair of trousers with belt loops, it's not exactly a favorite on SF.

2. A white shirt really can't go wrong.

3. I personally don't think bird's eye and grenadine is the best choice. I think there are better options.

4. Interesting pocket square. I think it can be a cool and unique touch.

5. & 6. I think suede would be too informal for the rest of the ensemble, as @Jazzthief pointed out. I'd stick with calf.

7. If the magenta Drake's socks you're referring to were these:
soc-47woo-21425-019_lr_1.jpg
then I would honestly drop it. I don't think the choice makes sense in that most of the outfit is so toned down and formal, and the pop is perhaps a bit excessive.

gonnagetmine

Reaction score
I missed the chukka part. If you're set on suede I think go with tassel loafers, def not chukka, but calf is the safe bet.

pomor

Reaction score

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Suit Supply doing away with the Sienna fit? It doesn't seem to be an option anymore on the website, and there are only a few pieces left

St1X

Reaction score
Is Suit Supply doing away with the Sienna fit? It doesn't seem to be an option anymore on the website, and there are only a few pieces left
Not just Sienna, but Napoli and Washington too. New releases are only in Lazio and Havana fits. And nothing high end

Mirage-

Reaction score
I got the one in navy and I really like it. Casual, but still smart and easy to wear. The fabric drapes well and is airy with great texture. Wears best unbuttoned.
View attachment 1797158
View attachment 1797159
View attachment 1797160

I can't wrap my head around that button stance, why not put a button on the natural waist instead of one above and one below? Imo that's why it looks nice open but not buttoned.
Also dislike the completely square quarters, would have preferred rounded edges, even if only moderately so. I mean, obviously being unstructured it can't drape like a jacket, but I really don't love how it's almost in the shape of a jacket, but yet not quite. Almost like it's a bad copy of one.
This is what's keeping me from getting one.

In other news, SS just launched a....can you believe it, a straight fit in trousers? The weird thing is this might even be too wide for me, if the 23cm the size chart claims is true (size 48). Can't we have a moderate 19-20cm anywhere in the 10 different fits lol?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads