• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, RTW. Seems like they updated prices yesterday and today and I was too slow at ordering that suit - couldn't make my mind if I want it. Now I know for sure :)
There's also a waistcoat I was waiting to be restocked in my size - old price was 1200 kr, new price - 1800 kr, 50% increase.
No, I am browsing from Sweden
Wow, that is indeed steep especially for the waistcoats....their old flannel trousers when I worked there were like 1500 sek?

I wonder if the MTM will change. Is Ted still doing it? There's practically none of the old guard left.

St1X

Reaction score
Wow, that is indeed steep especially for the waistcoats....their old flannel trousers when I worked there were like 1500 sek?

I wonder if the MTM will change. Is Ted still doing it? There's practically none of the old guard left.
My last MTM was an overcoat a few month ago and prices haven't increased on coats - it's the end of the season. However there has been an increase in prices on winter suits :D
Ted was still there 3 weeks ago

Last edited:

tilesomoole

Reaction score
How is the fit of CT compared to SuSu?
Got two knitwear pieces now and am not disappointed

I'm glad they work for you. They do not work for me. It may be due to the fact I'm 46. Despite the fact I'm in good shape and prefer trim cuts in all my clothes, I look better in more classic pieces than SS has to offer in their knitwear. Also, as I mentioned, the polos I've tried on have been thin / cheap feeling to me.

As for sizing, SS is about a size down from Tyrwhitt. If you're an xl SS, you should look at L from CT, maybe even a M, actually. I wear a 46 Lazio suit and a L polo from Tyrwhitt. Both fit me very well. Trim but not tight.

davidazio

Reaction score
Re: knitwear I just received one of the ribbed cashmere jumpers, and quite like it. Yes, it's thin, but that's not necessarily bad (eg it can be worn under a sportscoat), also considering it's only marginally more expensive than Uniqlo...

A-Lawson

Reaction score
Anyone got a custom suit with the VBC Blue Herringbone Pure Wool S130's (80.193/13) fabric?

Would very much like to see how it looks in real life.

Jazzthief

Reaction score
Anyone got a custom suit with the VBC Blue Herringbone Pure Wool S130's (80.193/13) fabric?

Would very much like to see how it looks in real life.

I have not seen it as a garment but I have handled the fabric in store. It had a very soft feel and a pretty soft handle, it was not overly shiny but rather discreet in this regard. I was this close to having a suit made in this material, but then I discovered that they stock Huddersfield fabrics and went for those instead. I would say that it is a good choice for a suit.

A-Lawson

Reaction score
I have not seen it as a garment but I have handled the fabric in store. It had a very soft feel and a pretty soft handle, it was not overly shiny but rather discreet in this regard. I was this close to having a suit made in this material, but then I discovered that they stock Huddersfield fabrics and went for those instead. I would say that it is a good choice for a suit.
Thank you for the reply.

Would you say the following is an accurate representation of how it looked?:
S80.193-13_1.jpg

I have varying experiences with the shades of fabrics, some being way lighter than what I was expecting.

Since it's called "Blue" and not "Navy", I got to ask: Is it navy, would you say?

Jazzthief

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply.

Would you say the following is an accurate representation of how it looked?:
S80.193-13_1.jpg

I have varying experiences with the shades of fabrics, some being way lighter than what I was expecting.

Since it's called "Blue" and not "Navy", I got to ask: Is it navy, would you say?
It was inbetween navy and blue - a darker shade of blue but still formal and proper. I will soon be visiting Suitsupply with a friend, I could try and take a photo for you, but we are talking about 2-3 weeks time.

Last edited:

A-Lawson

Reaction score
It was inbetween navy and blue - a darker shade of blue but still formal and proper. I will soon be visiting Suitsupply with a friend, I could try and take a photo for you, but we are talking about 2-3 three weeks time.
Thank you! Please do if it's not a hassle. I might order it before then if my sartorial impulses get the better of me, but at least I won't receive it before then.

St1X

Reaction score
Thank you! Please do if it's not a hassle. I might order it before then if my sartorial impulses get the better of me, but at least I won't receive it before then.
Just order some fabric samples from SuSu instead?!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics