• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chadclass

Reaction score
Anybody know if there’s going to be a black Friday outlet again?

archipel

Reaction score
I don't think so. Last year it started a week before Black Friday. It didn't start today, and it wouldn't make sense to start it after BF.

RFX35

Reaction score
I don't think so. Last year it started a week before Black Friday. It didn't start today, and it wouldn't make sense to start it after BF.
If I recall correctly in previous years they have had the sale at the start of the new year. Based on the recent price hikes and what appears to be limited availability of pieces, I am doubtful of any outlet this season.

Chadclass

Reaction score
You may be right. There was a Joey piece I missed out on last time that I was hoping would pop up again, but we will see

nttdocomo

Reaction score
Highly unlikely, I would say. Stocks are extremely low (which is what I would do if i ran the show) and so I imagine there's next-to-nothing worth doing the outlet for, and they'll use their other channels.

So, no-one here knows (or has said) and I'd be amazed if we saw them return for quite a while. It's also kind of brand-damaging, having people wait all year for a sale...

Chadclass

Reaction score
You may be right. There was a Joey piece I missed out on last time that I was hoping would pop up again, but we will see
Sorry, I meant Jort but autocorrect had other ideas

notdos

Reaction score
S&M are Official Affiliates. SuSu isn’t anymore.

Phillip ??

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brentwood trousers.. I ordered a size 40.. Im currently a 33-34 waist. It was still really slim at the bottom and had to get my tailors to work some magic..I thought the rises would be better on their flannels?
SAM_4158.JPG
SAM_4239.JPG
SAM_4233.JPG

nttdocomo

Reaction score
Those are the "Light Grey Pleated Fellini Trousers", right? I ordered a pair, which I sent back. I should size up, but even so, the "high rise" from SS are the Braddon model, the Washington fit and Vigo fit...

nttdocomo

Reaction score
The overall picture of mid-range (pricewise) menswear is in a precarious spot right now the world over. Suitsupply is in a tough spot and better be super wise. It isn’t H&M or Zara. It isn’t Saville Row. Whoever is at the helm right now will either make or break this company especially now that we are headed towards SS’s 20th anniversary, and SS is no longer a teenager but an adult. The recession may be upon us soon and this will be another factor in addition to changing consumer preferences.

I am seeing fewer and fewer decently dressed people no matter if I am in Jakarta, Mexico City or London. The market forces are driving overall dress code toward more and more casual. I still see suits in Tokyo and very few other places

Gentlemen, we are about to stand out even more prominently from the crowds

My goodness, how this post aged...

Sellidor

Reaction score
Those are the "Light Grey Pleated Fellini Trousers", right? I ordered a pair, which I sent back. I should size up, but even so, the "high rise" from SS are the Braddon model, the Washington fit and Vigo fit...

First time I'm hearing of Vigo. How does it compare to Braddon?

EthansAlley

Reaction score
Brentwood trousers.. I ordered a size 40.. Im currently a 33-34 waist. It was still really slim at the bottom and had to get my tailors to work some magic..I thought the rises would be better on their flannels?

What did your tailor do? Was he able to widen the leg opening?

pomor

Reaction score
My goodness, how this post aged...

Do you mean that it was extraordinarily prescient? Because it was, wasn't it?

But, honestly, I wasn't reading the tea leaves - the writing was all over the wall

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads