• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nsgmd

Reaction score
I have a lot of both sm and susu and although the measurements are similar they def don’t feel similar. SuSu def feels slimmer especially the trousers.

Do you wear the SM slim or contemporary and how does that compare to SS Havana? I am looking to get my first SM and wear a 38 Havana - do you recommend slim or contemporary in SM?

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you wear the SM slim or contemporary and how does that compare to SS Havana? I am looking to get my first SM and wear a 38 Havana - do you recommend slim or contemporary in SM?
I got the contemporary 38 and it’s roomier than 38 Havana. Take the slim IMO. If you get a referral code you get 20% off your first purchase.

nsgmd

Reaction score
I got the contemporary 38 and it’s roomier than 38 Havana. Take the slim IMO. If you get a referral code you get 20% off your first purchase.

Great - thank you. The Havana is a perfect fit so that's why I've stuck with SS but SM has some interesting summer items I've been eyeing...do you know where to get a referral code?

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great - thank you. The Havana is a perfect fit so that's why I've stuck with SS but SM has some interesting summer items I've been eyeing...do you know where to get a referral code?
Here's a referral code: YDHPAX

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You input it when you register a new account. I will DM you.

I prefer the trousers on the SM. The Havana fits me pretty well too. It’s a good alternative to SuSu.

pomor

Reaction score
I was being facetious!

No, I mean, I know. I was just clarifying for those who might be confused by both of our responses.

P.S. I'm sure there might be tweaking going on to their business model as we speak. They probably significantly downscaled their physical store expansion plans. Jort is discontinued. Custom program is sort of a mess. There may or may not be another Black Friday-ish sale.

rdugz

Reaction score
No, I mean, I know. I was just clarifying for those who might be confused by both of our responses.

P.S. I'm sure there might be tweaking going on to their business model as we speak. They probably significantly downscaled their physical store expansion plans. Jort is discontinued. Custom program is sort of a mess. There may or may not be another Black Friday-ish sale.
Okay, real talk, what the hell is/was the Jort? Was it a premium Lazio? Its own fit?
I see Jorts pop up on ebay from time to time but I never know how the sizing works compared to actual, current Suitsupply fits...

TheSupplier

Reaction score
Jort was more of a premium “Havana” not based on Lazio. I’ve tried on many. You wear the same size you’d normally wear.

the only tricky part we’re the Bolton “fishtail”pants if you had to alter the waist it would ruin the fishtail so your waist had to be pretty spot on with the fit. Or al least able to be worn with the side adjusters.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads