• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

N-tc

Reaction score
This price jump makes me much less likely to purchase a custom suit from SuitSupply. For certain mid-range fabrics, their price for machine-made full canvas suits starts to approach Divij's handmade suits. Divij would be a much better bargain at that price.

But SuitSupply does have the convenience of the number of stores and generally good customer service. For most customers (including all the wedding parties that must be swarming their stores), that's hard to beat.

However, to be entirely fair to SuitSupply, I don't think that private enterprises are under any obligation to explain their pricing strategies to their customers. Also, to your point about gas and cereal prices rising 50%, those are necessities. Not a fair comparison, for I doubt that even the most fashion forward person would argue that a custom suit is a necessity.

I was the one who first compared the prices of cereal, gas, and suits. It indeed does not make much sense to compare essential goods to custom made suits. Yet, I still think that SuSu response with regard to their price increase does not make much sense.

The main issue is that they lied saying that their products and fabric offering have improved, which is not the case. If they didn't want to communicate about it, they should've found another way to respond to my enquiry, but misleading loyal clients about the "improved" quality of their offerings is remarkably stupid from a PR/Comms standpoint.

MontyLo

Reaction score
572F9DFE-4067-45DD-B407-8A496F698A11.jpeg

Quick photo of my latest MTM shirts. Went with a Thomas Mason white twill with single link cuffs and a covered placket for a sort of “black tie unplugged” summer look, and the albiate chambray with a modified collar and internal monogram plus horn buttons for casual and hi/Lo pairing duty. When I was in store in late May the fabric books were still replete but a lot of the physical stock just wasn’t there when they plugged my details into the order. I second the point about material shortages and hope this rectifies itself soon. As far as suiting, I haven’t had them make anything up but, with the right degree of micromanagement and detail selection, and with a full fabric library, their shirts remain a relatively good deal.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Given I've seen two green shell strands posted recently and I own a pair, too, how many other people in this thread have em?

This definitely seems like a win for ae style.

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still fairly impressed with the MTM shirt process and the initial set of blue/white staples I’ve worn heavily over the last 5-6 months have held up well despite many washings. Just added a few brackets to my shirt stable by getting some linen, chambray, and two white formal shirts. The process is a breeze but I still contend spec’ing in store and ensuring your permutation of details plus picking the best cottons at no surcharge is a great time.

I found their pricing to quality ratio to be subpar. You can get an Ascot Chang custom shirt for the same price as an MTM using same fabric mill. The fit is in another league.

nevaeh

Reaction score
I found their pricing to quality ratio to be subpar. You can get an Ascot Chang custom shirt for the same price as an MTM using same fabric mill. The fit is in another league.
Intriguing. Does Ascot Chang offer remote? Or do you have to be in-person?

Also, what's their starting pricing?

Definitely will look into this. Ascot Chang has such a storied history.

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Intriguing. Does Ascot Chang offer remote? Or do you have to be in-person?

Also, what's their starting pricing?

Definitely will look into this. Ascot Chang has such a storied history.

They have a minimum starting order of like 3-4 shirts. Around $250 each (I think it was $320 with Thomas Mason fabric), but after that, you can order 1 at a time. They have a location in Los Angeles and New York. I got measured in person in the Central location in Hong Kong.

For reference, my MTM at Suitsupply with Thomas Mason was around $250. They had to use darts and the fit was subpar. Ascot Chang fit perfectly with no darts.

MontyLo

Reaction score
They have a minimum starting order of like 3-4 shirts. Around $250 each (I think it was $320 with Thomas Mason fabric), but after that, you can order 1 at a time. They have a location in Los Angeles and New York. I got measured in person in the Central location in Hong Kong.

For reference, my MTM at Suitsupply with Thomas Mason was around $250. They had to use darts and the fit was subpar. Ascot Chang fit perfectly with no darts.

With your pricing I tend to agree. And my proximity to NYC isn’t bad. I’ve been getting my SUSU shirts for about 125 MTM via their KOP salespost. I’m not sure why they’re so cheap for me. I’ve been ordering Thomas Mason swatches mostly too.

I’ll need to give ascot chang a try, though. My charvet shirts from 2013-2014 are still the most beautiful (and were my best fitting) but I had them cut very closely at a svelte Point in my life and now they no longer fit and they’re just decorative.

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With your pricing I tend to agree. And my proximity to NYC isn’t bad. I’ve been getting my SUSU shirts for about 125 MTM via their KOP salespost. I’m not sure why they’re so cheap for me. I’ve been ordering Thomas Mason swatches mostly too.

I’ll need to give ascot chang a try, though. My charvet shirts from 2013-2014 are still the most beautiful (and were my best fitting) but I had them cut very closely at a svelte Point in my life and now they no longer fit and they’re just decorative.

That pricing is crazy, I think the lowest cost here in LA for a SuitSupply MTM shirt is $175.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Does anybody have a sizing chart for the Lazio and the Havana suits? I tried finding it in their website but either I am terrible at this or they don't have one.
Also, what do they use for the lining of their suits?
Thank you advance.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That pricing is crazy, I think the lowest cost here in LA for an MTM shirt is $175.
Doesn't MyTailor have a store in southern california? You can get mtm shirts from them for less than $130. Not Thomas Mason (that is more expensive), but still great shirts. I believe they may cost a bit more in-store than online, but once you get your measurements down, the online pricing is very good, and the quality, from my experience, is excellent. https://www.mytailor.com/custom-tailored-shirts/100-129

5tranger

Reaction score
Does anybody have a sizing chart for the Lazio and the Havana suits? I tried finding it in their website but either I am terrible at this or they don't have one.
Also, what do they use for the lining of their suits?
Thank you advance.

Here is the Havana one I found from this same thread a while ago ?
edit: It is only for the Regular sizing though

Attachments

• size chart.jpeg
    size chart.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 135

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn't MyTailor have a store in southern california? You can get mtm shirts from them for less than $130. Not Thomas Mason (that is more expensive), but still great shirts. I believe they may cost a bit more in-store than online, but once you get your measurements down, the online pricing is very good, and the quality, from my experience, is excellent. https://www.mytailor.com/custom-tailored-shirts/100-129

How much is bespoke from MyTailor?

nevaeh

Reaction score
How much is bespoke from MyTailor?

As I understand, MyTailor is now primarily run my Joe Hemrajani’s son, Divij. The company has been rebranded to Divij Bespoke (https://www.divij.com/shirts/cottons).

Divij’s charges around $130, starting, for shirts made from the standard line in-house cotton. They have a lower tier at around $90 and the sky is the limit with higher end fabrics like Thomas Mason, Albini, etc. I recently got a few and the standard in-house fabric is exemplary.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads