• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Marccarlsson

Reaction score
Perhaps someone with greater experience can comment but outside the US (specifically in Australia) the MTM/MTO service doesn't seem to be based on a specific block: one can select any combination of shoulder, lapel width, and button constructions. I looked at my invoice for my order and it makes no reference to the block that was used although in the US it seems that the Lazio seems to be the base? When I got measured the SA used a Havana fitting jacket and I would assume if I had wanted different shoulders he would have brought out a different one?

MTM is always based on the Lazio/La Spalla fit. Even if you choose different shoulders or lapels, it is still going off the same block. You can change most measurements and adjust for shoulder slope etc.

You could make a custom jacket based on any other model, like the Havana, (atleast you could, not sure if it's still available) where you can change some basic measurements (jacket and sleeve length, waist, etc.). You can change fabric and buttons obviously, but not alter design options like shoulders or lapel width.

If you look inside the jacket on the tag, it's going to say which model it is based on.

MacGuffen

Reaction score
Anyone have real life photos of the brown field jacket with tropical wool (alternatively the navy version):
1621161866684.png

JustPullHarder

Reaction score
MTM is always based on the Lazio/La Spalla fit. Even if you choose different shoulders or lapels, it is still going off the same block. You can change most measurements and adjust for shoulder slope etc.

You could make a custom jacket based on any other model, like the Havana, (atleast you could, not sure if it's still available) where you can change some basic measurements (jacket and sleeve length, waist, etc.). You can change fabric and buttons obviously, but not alter design options like shoulders or lapel width.

If you look inside the jacket on the tag, it's going to say which model it is based on.
Checked and you're right. Thanks!

nzahir

Reaction score
I find it to be their worst fit personally... skinnier lapels, bulky shoulders...just not worth it in my opinion
But how is the quality of Napoli suits?

The fabrics are a bit less fine than the Sienna, but couldn't that be a pro if using it for work?

Jlee80

Reaction score
But how is the quality of Napoli suits?

The fabrics are a bit less fine than the Sienna, but couldn't that be a pro if using it for work?
Fabric is great for a workhorse suit, the fit just sucks

Jlee80

Reaction score
So my custom made items that were supposed to be shipped on 5/14 now won’t be shipping until 5/21, and that’s shipping from the factory to the warehouse... and of course no one from SuitSupply CS can give me a valid reason as to why..

I think I’m just about done with them...

kithking23

Reaction score
So my custom made items that were supposed to be shipped on 5/14 now won’t be shipping until 5/21, and that’s shipping from the factory to the warehouse... and of course no one from SuitSupply CS can give me a valid reason as to why..

I think I’m just about done with them...
Same funny thing is I ordered my custom jacket almost two weeks after my first custom,but I’m getting the jacket first.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have last years olive cotton havana suit size 102 for sale. Trousers tailored to 33 inches with 1,75 inch cuff. The suit is in Norway, and I can look into International shipping. DM if interested

MontyLo

Reaction score
Still fairly impressed with the MTM shirt process and the initial set of blue/white staples I’ve worn heavily over the last 5-6 months have held up well despite many washings. Just added a few brackets to my shirt stable by getting some linen, chambray, and two white formal shirts. The process is a breeze but I still contend spec’ing in store and ensuring your permutation of details plus picking the best cottons at no surcharge is a great time.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crosspost from HOF, in case you want to see how the "Solaro" looks in natural light. It's nice to have good weather to wear this finally.

186009455_309437203981185_3951129769275645415_n.jpg

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang. Those shoes are killer. Also, I'm still waiting on my tailor to make adjustments to the SuSu solaro I got from the outlet last fall.
Thanks, it’s my favorite pair. It’s a good suit, a little heavier than I expected but nice all around.

iurvox

Reaction score
Any details on the number and layout of the inside pockets in suit and odd jackets?

Background:

Ordered a custom made from scratch jacket online in November. Fully lined, full 4 layer canvas. It has a total of 4 inside pockets: One small one at the bottom left, one behind the right chest piece, and two behind the left chest piece (a wide one about an inch above a narrower one).

Then, in April, I ordered a full suit. For the jacket, I specified the same construction and configuration as for the odd jacket of November. Both jackets only differ in their fabric (both are pure wool, though).

The newly arrived suit jacket has one less inner pocket: There is no narrow pocket below the wide pocket on the inside of the left chest piece. This is not quite as good when placing pens in the jacket.

Has someone made similar observations? Is there a logic behind the different inner pocket layouts or is this just something random? Again, apart from the fabric, both jacket have identical MTM specifications (while one was ordered individually and the other one was part of a suit).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads