• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jazzthief

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with unlined shirt collars on Suitsupply shirts? I am considering having a cotton-linen blend shirt with a button-down collar made. I am worried that the collar might look too flimsy and #pittiuomo. If anyone has pictures then that would be perfect, but all kinds of feedback is welcome!

porscheguy

Reaction score
Their OTR linen shirts have unlined collars, but the collars do have collar stays. What actually makes the collars flimsy is the lack of a placket down the front of the shirt. I bought those shirts because I like the colors. But if I were to buy them MTM, I would definitely opt for a placket. The look isn’t as clean, but the collar support is much better.

nevaeh

Reaction score
Is SuitSupply changing how they do their full canvas suits? On the Custom Made page, they have shown full canvas as tapering at the bottom for some time. (Interestingly, this tapered form is what the full canvas model at my store shows.) Figure here:

custom made full canvas.png

But their new "About our canvas construction" page shows full canvas as wrapping around the entire front bottom, the way it's done, as I understand, in bespoke. Figure here:

About Canvas Full Canvas.png
Anyone have any insight?

Radhruin

Reaction score
another question for those who have done the custom made from scratch... is it based of the “Lazio la spalla” fit, which I have been told is different than the standard Lazio fit. If so, did you like it? Did you go soft shoulder and did you like that?

I don't own any (recent) Lazio jackets, but after inquiring about a custom made Havana, I was told by SUSU's customer service that ordering a jacket with "Havana options" (patch pockets? soft shoulder?) would result in a jacket with a fit similar to the Havana.

The jacket that arrived was marked as a "Lazio La Spalla" fit, but is as far as I can tell identical in fit to my other Havana jackets. If that is true down to individual centimeters of measurement I do not know, but it is close enough that I have not bothered to check. As for the shoulders, they certainly look no worse than other soft-shouldered jackets from SUSU.

Jlee80

Reaction score
I don't own any (recent) Lazio jackets, but after inquiring about a custom made Havana, I was told by SUSU's customer service that ordering a jacket with "Havana options" (patch pockets? soft shoulder?) would result in a jacket with a fit similar to the Havana.

The jacket that arrived was marked as a "Lazio La Spalla" fit, but is as far as I can tell identical in fit to my other Havana jackets. If that is true down to individual centimeters of measurement I do not know, but it is close enough that I have not bothered to check. As for the shoulders, they certainly look no worse than other soft-shouldered jackets from SUSU.
Good to know thanks. I've got 3 suits currently in process right now. Fingers crossed the fit is as good as advertised.

Marccarlsson

Reaction score
As someone who has done MTM and own and tried both models I can share the differences.

- Chest and length are the same (since size is based on chest size)
- Havana has slighly wider shoulders (the seam that goes from the collar down to the shoulder seam)
- Lazio has more open quarters
- Lazio has slighly fuller waist
- Havana has higher armhole and smaller sleeves

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody done the structured shoulders MTM? They look roped in the illustration, very British looking.

zurich64

Reaction score
Thank you so much! What’d you think in regards to the lapels? I’ve been thinking about the wider option, but don’t want anything clown like. Do the wider lapels differ in size depending on the base size of the jacket? I think the base size for me is either 42/44 (before any MtM changes).
I would ask about the exact width of lapels before ordering. I never do any custom/MTM orders online.

Some of the recent Havana lapels look comically wide and seem disproportionate. Lapels do vary with size so the wider option for 42/44 (US?) may be more than that 36/38 sized jackets.

adrianvo

Reaction score
Anybody done the structured shoulders MTM? They look roped in the illustration, very British looking.
I do them exclusively, so pretty sure I can answer any question you have about them.

They are roped, but not Edward Sexton-roped.

Last edited:

Baked Potato

Reaction score
I would ask about the exact width of lapels before ordering. I never do any custom/MTM orders online.

Some of the recent Havana lapels look comically wide and seem disproportionate. Lapels do vary with size so the wider option for 42/44 (US?) may be more than that 36/38 sized jackets.

I do hope that the wide option is proportional to the size jacket size. The website though only states one width for the wider option. I don't know if you guys remember, but SS used to have a model called "Hudson" several years ago. It used to have wider lapels, but not comically large ones. The lapels were very proportionate - not as small as the standard option, but not too wide either. Unfortuntaly, they don't carry that model anymore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads