• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Baked Potato

Reaction score
Did they recently update the trouser configurator on their website? Seems like they've added some new fits to choose from, but some things have been removed. Can't find the options anymore regarding trouser lining, bracer buttons or some of the length options (raw length). Hope they still have those options available in store.

ebayhtl

Reaction score
Hi, did anyone get the Gurkha shorts from last year? They look great and someone I know is selling it - but measurements are now unavailable online.
I'm usually a size 30 to 31 waist - should I get a 46 or 48? Any in-person pics would be great.
Finally, what was the recommended retail price for them? I'm trying to agree a price with the guy.
Thanks!

StartingStyle

Reaction score
Hi, did anyone get the Gurkha shorts from last year? They look great and someone I know is selling it - but measurements are now unavailable online.
I'm usually a size 30 to 31 waist - should I get a 46 or 48? Any in-person pics would be great.
Finally, what was the recommended retail price for them? I'm trying to agree a price with the guy.
Thanks!
I own a pair of Gurkhas. Searched for this pic several ages ? I‘m as well a size 30/31 and have these in 46. I really love them, fits perfect to polo‘s , casual shirts but a basic white shirt is as well doing the thing

Attachments

• 459A14A5-36B9-482E-AD87-EC01F153EDAB.jpeg
    459A14A5-36B9-482E-AD87-EC01F153EDAB.jpeg
    175.8 KB · Views: 155

ebayhtl

Reaction score
T
I own a pair of Gurkhas. Searched for this pic several ages ? I‘m as well a size 30/31 and have these in 46. I really love them, fits perfect to polo‘s , casual shirts but a basic white shirt is as well doing the thing
Thanks, they look great! Would you say 48 would be too big for you or still ok, given you have a 46? Turns out the guy has a 48 for sale, I could tailor them of course if the difference isn't too much. Thanks!

archipel

Reaction score
Honestly, gentlemen, if y'all need any Suitsupply accessories - sunglasses, gloves, belts, suspenders -- the first day of last two outlets these can be had for like 75%. I really went to town in this category last time, and these items are great value at this price point. So, wait for the, most likely, July outlet if you need these.

Jep. I got Peccary gloves for 45 euros and they are very nice. Which is a price where you cannot find them elsewhere.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anglo-Italian seems to pick stitch the dart too. Is this a new thing? Increased sprezz cred?

I actually stumbled upon an old Neapolitan suit I have in my closet and was slightly horrified to see (for the first time) that it has pick stitching on the dart. Suit is from NSM. I should probably check to see if my other coats have it.

sargeinaz

Reaction score
I’m going to probably get a MTM suit from
Susu and I’m debating doing their closer pick stitch option, but they seem to pick stitch everything, so I might do none which is kind of a bummer unless I just accept the extra sprezz.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is my suit below. I didn't even notice the pick stitching until I made that joke. I just took a look at my other NSM garments and they also have pick stitching along the dart, although my Solito coats don't. It may be dependent on the company, rather than the region (i.e., not all Neapolitan companies do it).

I think it's subtle enough that it doesn't bother me, but if given a choice, I would go without.

Suit below was commissioned in 2013, IIRC. Details are "house style" since I didn't ask for the dart to be pick stitched.

IMG_0510.JPG

sargeinaz

Reaction score
I have a feeling lll end up just getting the pick stitch, but I agree it would be preferable to me without it on the dart.

Aieyric

Reaction score
and where are these supposed outlets ? Have you actually seen one ??
I think it's around 2 a year the last 10 years , so yes quite a few.
What is your question regarding the outlet?

nzahir

Reaction score
Hi guys does anyone know what the red line means for the Sienna suit line

And what are your thoughts on the jackets with 2 pockets on 1 side?

Looking at this suit

m_607cd13a93649ffca44c4a4a.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads