• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kithking23

Reaction score
My money is on July at this point.

As a side note, I do wonder how successful their Black Friday November outlet was last year, because it is the first Black Friday outlet they've ever done. I wonder if it was much bigger than their normal January winter outlet
I’m sure it was considering the prices varied from an original outlet in comparison to that Black Friday sale.

Contango

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there’s a time limit on free alternations on custom made gear?

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

kid1002

Reaction score

Jazzthief

Reaction score
That actually looks pretty decent.

I would actually say that the proportions of the button placement are pretty off as they are too tightly placed. It makes the jacket look too bottom heavy and, in my opinion, therefore shades the elongating effect of a longer lapel.

adrianvo

Reaction score
Braddon (high waist) is back! ?
9812387237.jpg

Baked Potato

Reaction score
I noticed one thing when comparing my newer trousers with my older SS Munro made trousers - the waist adjusters are placed a bit lower on the Munro ones. Am I the only one who feels that the lower waist adjusters help a bit more compared to the higher (newer) ones?

Jazzthief

Reaction score
I noticed one thing when comparing my newer trousers with my older SS Munro made trousers - the waist adjusters are placed a bit lower on the Munro ones. Am I the only one who feels that the lower waist adjusters help a bit more compared to the higher (newer) ones?

Yes, and the Munro trousers also did not have a coin pocket and you could also choose to have deeper pleats. I actuallly prefer the higher side-adjusters as for me they have proven to be better functioning. Too bad that there no longer is an option for deeper pleats as it is sorely missed and needed.

drgentle

Reaction score
So I'm tired of sending messages to SuitSupply as their answers are very unhelpful.

Custom-made shirt configurator on the website is flawed - when determining cuff width, the instructions say that you should measure the distance between the inner edge of the buttonhole **** to the center of the button. That's not true. The measurement that you put in the configurator for cuff width is in fact the circumference of the whole cuff.

I got a custom-made shirt from SuitSupply with adjustable two button cuff. According to information sent to me by SuitSupply, first button is an inch from the edge of the cuff and the second button is half an inch from the first one. Again, this is not true. The first button is actually 0.2 inch from the edge and the second button an inch from the first one. There's no button which would be an inch from the edge of the cuff. I'm configuring my second shirt with a single button non-adjustable cuff - and I have no clue what should I put in the configurator to have the button correctly placed.

What's the point in MTM shirt if you have to resew the button on the cuff and have it misaligned like in a RTW shirt??

Has anyone ordered a shirt from SuitSupply with a single button cuff and could tell me what measurement they put in the configurator, what's the actual circumference of the cuff they received and what's the distance of the button from the edge of the cuff?

papado

Reaction score
So I'm tired of sending messages to SuitSupply as their answers are very unhelpful.

Custom-made shirt configurator on the website is flawed - when determining cuff width, the instructions say that you should measure the distance between the inner edge of the buttonhole **** to the center of the button. That's not true. The measurement that you put in the configurator for cuff width is in fact the circumference of the whole cuff.

I got a custom-made shirt from SuitSupply with adjustable two button cuff. According to information sent to me by SuitSupply, first button is an inch from the edge of the cuff and the second button is half an inch from the first one. Again, this is not true. The first button is actually 0.2 inch from the edge and the second button an inch from the first one. There's no button which would be an inch from the edge of the cuff. I'm configuring my second shirt with a single button non-adjustable cuff - and I have no clue what should I put in the configurator to have the button correctly placed.

What's the point in MTM shirt if you have to resew the button on the cuff and have it misaligned like in a RTW shirt??

Has anyone ordered a shirt from SuitSupply with a single button cuff and could tell me what measurement they put in the configurator, what's the actual circumference of the cuff they received and what's the distance of the button from the edge of the cuff?

Button is .5in from edge of cuff and outer edge of buttonhole is .25 from cuff edge. So basically if you want to use your center of button to edge of buttonhole calculation most other shirt makers use, add .75" to your total for SuSu (eg 8.5" center button to bh edge put 9.25").

drgentle

Reaction score
Button is .5in from edge of cuff and outer edge of buttonhole is .25 from cuff edge. So basically if you want to use your center of button to edge of buttonhole calculation most other shirt makers use, add .75" to your total for SuSu (eg 8.5" center button to bh edge put 9.25").
Exactly what I needed. Thanks

acg2010

Reaction score
Exactly what I needed. Thanks

I just realized they'd been doing this. Their measurement instructions are definitely wrong. And they won't acknowledge that they're cutting them differently from the website instructions. So now I'm stuck with a couple I threw in the wash without thinking about the issue on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads