• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Received that in today’s newsletter... finally understood what other people meant when they described the previous NSFW tadteless ads from susu. I honestly was pretty surprised by it, and kind of damaged the image I had from them. In the past years when you would mention suit supply people acknowledged a good brand with good products. I don’t really wanna be associated with those ads .. imagine the reactions from people who congratulate you on fit, you mention it’s susu, and they say ’oh that brand that advertises for horny 20 year olds’.
definitely dont have the same reading as @dieworkwear ...
this is not a roger ebert analysis we are looking for :D

At least for me, I don't find the ads so much tasteless as I find them to be cringey. But that imagery has long been associated with Suitsupply. I agree that, if a company I shopped at made those ads, I would be put off, just because it's kind of cringe. Only saying that, as far as sexual imagery in fashion goes, this is not offensive to me.

jamie411

Reaction score
Question for the crowd - what happened to the product measurements on the website? I can only find the Size Finder and Body measurements... Did they get rid of it, or am I missing it somewhere?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looked through more of the campaign images and this is really inappropriate

EvpkmtZXAAEDqwr.jpeg

They picked stitched a dart

EvpkmtZXAAEDqwr2.jpg

porscheguy

Reaction score
Received that in today’s newsletter... finally understood what other people meant when they described the previous NSFW tadteless ads from susu. I honestly was pretty surprised by it, and kind of damaged the image I had from them. In the past years when you would mention suit supply people acknowledged a good brand with good products. I don’t really wanna be associated with those ads .. imagine the reactions from people who congratulate you on fit, you mention it’s susu, and they say ’oh that brand that advertises for horny 20 year olds’.
definitely dont have the same reading as @dieworkwear ...
this is not a roger ebert analysis we are looking for :D
Something to keep in mind. I’d bet 90% of the men’s suits sold in the us are through men’s wearhouse, jos a bank, and Macy’s or JC Penny. They’re poorly fitted glued together suits that will last 2-3 weddings and funerals before the owner gets too fat for it and his wife sends him back to buy another. I only stumbled onto SuSu a year ago through YouTube because even the “slim fit” offerings at most places are still too big around my stomach (I’m 42 around the shoulders, and a 32 waist.). I said in a previous post that their ad isn’t inappropriate, it’s just cringey. It’s not going to stop me from buying their products. And since the vast majority of people don’t even know about SuSu they’re not gonna care. Judging people based on their brand of clothes is middle school behavior anyway. If someone truly wants to hold that against you, to hell with them anyway.

EthansAlley

Reaction score
Question for the crowd - what happened to the product measurements on the website? I can only find the Size Finder and Body measurements... Did they get rid of it, or am I missing it somewhere?

@jamie411 I’m also disappointed that SuSu got rid of the size charts. It’s been at least a year since they stopped posting the size charts. I often ask them for it through the online chat, and a lot of times SuSu tells me it’s not available to send me. On some items, they send me the measurements upon request, but it’s only in cm, so I have to convert to inches. Sometimes eBay or Grailed sellers will post the size chart. But your best bet is to ask for it through their online chat, knowing that sometimes they won’t deliver.

Trit

Reaction score
The campaign is fine it's just dishonest. I never read fashion magazines but I remember Etro print ads being a bunch of sexy people looking unique and cool and hot. And if you buy the right Etro pieces, of which I own none, you can get that same look from the clothes.

But Suit Supply isn't going after that market. I never understood why. I'm in this growing group of guys who can count for the year the times formal wear is needed on one hand. We wear that type of clothing because it looks good. It accentuates masculinity and propriety and coolness in ways that feel good. But of the pieces in my closet that are the most striking none are from Suit Supply. I just got this insane silver linen Jort dinner jacket at the last outlet but besides that Suit Supply is my go to for more proper looks. If I want to push some boundaries and have fun I'm always grabbing something else; either for the colour or the texture or the materials.

Suit Supply is still good bang for buck and especially convenient for me since the sleeves fit me perfect. But they need to pump the brakes on the increasing casual construction of the clothes and start working on clothes that actually are sexier. I would love a floral print blazer in a tradition masculine Suit Supply cut. You know how hard that is to find? Or paisley. Or ochre. Or hemp. Or Jute. Give me something to talk about and experiment with.

Goofy

Reaction score
They know that negative publicity is good. I find it tasteless. Regardless what each person's view is on Covid etc people are dying left and right and they tell you orgies are the new normal :D

Anyways, I was ready to commission 3 MTM trousers with them but I changed my mind now. I will try Blugiallo or Pini Parma or even a Bespoke one here in Stockholm.
In all fairness there is no orgy being depicted. It’s just 3 superimposed photographs onto one another. It’s SUSU‘s attempt at inclusion by posting couples with different sexual orientations in one image. There is a lesbian couple up top, followed by a hetero couple in the middle and a gay couple on the bottom.

As Dieworkwear accurately points out its a glimpse into the post COVID-19 era. An image of the future to come. When intimacy even between strangers will once again be possible and free of risk.

It’s perhaps tasteless but thought provoking and highly effective given it’s even being discussed on this forum.

Last edited:

Imperatores

Reaction score
But they need to pump the brakes on the increasing casual construction of the clothes and start working on clothes that actually are sexier. I would love a floral print blazer in a tradition masculine Suit Supply cut. You know how hard that is to find? Or paisley. Or ochre. Or hemp. Or Jute. Give me something to talk about and experiment with.

This gave me a good chuckle. You actually think a floral print or paisley jacket is "sexy"? Those are hard to find for a reason, mate.

porscheguy

Reaction score
They know that negative publicity is good. I find it tasteless. Regardless what each person's view is on Covid etc people are dying left and right and they tell you orgies are the new normal :D

Anyways, I was ready to commission 3 MTM trousers with them but I changed my mind now. I will try Blugiallo or Pini Parma or even a Bespoke one here in Stockholm.
I buy from SuSu because their off the rack fit on my athletic body shape is spot on. Unless someone finds an off the rack fit for me as good as SuSu and without the hassles and time involved with MTM, I’ll stick to them. Their questionable ads aren’t even a consideration.

As for covid, it’s not really relevant when it comes to buying suits. Sorry (not really), it isn’t. What do you expect, their models wearing masks and socially distanced? Not everything needs to be a reflection of the zeitgeist of the day. It’s also quite possible that SuSu, like so many others is simply over covid and ready to get back to life. And they have good reason. Covid has dealt a massive blow to the menswear industry and its not likely to recover simply because many companies have transitioned to work at home and will likely stay that way as it’s much cheaper.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I buy from SuSu because their off the rack fit on my athletic body shape is spot on. Unless someone finds an off the rack fit for me as good as SuSu and without the hassles and time involved with MTM, I’ll stick to them. Their questionable ads aren’t even a consideration.

As for covid, it’s not really relevant when it comes to buying suits. Sorry (not really), it isn’t. What do you expect, their models wearing masks and socially distanced? Not everything needs to be a reflection of the zeitgeist of the day. It’s also quite possible that SuSu, like so many others is simply over covid and ready to get back to life. And they have good reason. Covid has dealt a massive blow to the menswear industry and its not likely to recover simply because many companies have transitioned to work at home and will likely stay that way as it’s much cheaper.
Maybe I should elaborate more, I just lost my appetite at this moment in time. 90% of my suits are from SuSu and I even worked there. While their OTR fits me fine, it's the trouser rise I hate and would have to go custom. I still have friends working there and I will continue to support them.

But for whatever reason the visual style of this campaign made me take a break and see if I need those trousers now, or if I should just try elsewhere for variety.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It’s also quite possible that SuSu, like so many others is simply over covid and ready to get back to life.

YES! I have been saying this all along. The Covid trend is OVER! I am ready for a new virus.

If you are wearing COVID-19 in 2021, you look DUMB.

pomor

Reaction score
Are all SuSu stores open in the Netherlands? I know the bars and many restaurants are still closed. What’s the retail situation like?

alfredt

Reaction score
Are all SuSu stores open in the Netherlands? I know the bars and many restaurants are still closed. What’s the retail situation like?
All SuSu stores have been closed for a couple of months. As of this week shops have reopened for appointments only with a maximum of two customers per floor.

pomor

Reaction score
All SuSu stores have been closed for a couple of months. As of this week shops have reopened for appointments only with a maximum of two customers per floor.

Thanks. From a US perspective, it seems to me that Benelux was fairly free for the first half of the pandemic and the US shut down pretty early on, but in the last 6 months the trend has reversed. We actually sorta see the light in the tunnel now, although anything can happen

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads