• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EthansAlley

Reaction score
I’m looking to purchase the P4803 3-piece brown check Havana suit in a 38R or 40R, new or used. If anyone is willing to sell this to me, please message me.
60214BD1-448C-497F-9D92-7D72E86664CA.jpeg
C562E0C6-B604-43BD-9DCB-C356B6D0630A.jpeg

Marc S

Reaction score
@Marc S These jeans are very slim/tight fitting on the thigh and ankle to the point they qualify as skinny fit. The 32 has only a 6.9” leg opening. If you can’t fit the porto fit, then I wouldn’t bother with the jeans. A few years ago, SuSu offered a more relaxed fit denim option (I believe it was Carson fit), but I’ve only seen those on the Outlet recently.

yeah, they definitely look slim in the product photos!

Reaction score
Glad to hear! I just wish UPS had equally good customer service. ?

Hard to say, I'm 5'10.6'' according to Google, and I'm 72kg. That said, 38R fits me really well.

It's like you're in-between sizes. The 38R shoulders definitely look the best though, which is the hardest thing to get right (and fix). The Havana 40R looks too big, in my humble opinion, and the Washington looks a bit fashion-forward (read skinny), but that could be a matter of the Washington's extra slim fit.

This article might help: https://www.misiuacademy.com/suitsupply-suit-fits/

Hey Adrianvo,

I think you just solved the issue for me, tried the jacket on with a fuller collared shirt and it pretty much masks the issue! Fair to say I'm looking for a semi spread or classic collared shirt? Any suppliers you'd recommend? We're in lockdown here in Ireland for another 6 weeks at least so will be picking up online.

Thanks again, you saved me alot of hassle!

Reaction score
It looks like your left shoulder is significantly taller than your right shoulder which is partially the cause of some of your collar gap problems. Obviously some jackets fit better than others, but consider that you might be able to improve the fit through alterations by adding or removing padding from one shoulder, which shouldn't be too difficult for a tailor.

Hi Compuccesory, I can see it now! lol great, at least I have some body dysmorphia now to distract me from the suit issue :) Thanks, i'll make an appointment with a tailor and see if its feasible to alter the jacket. In the interim i'm going to 'mask ' it with a shirt with a lager collar. Thanks for your feedback!

archipel

Reaction score
Anyone seen the new stretch/selvedge denim options from SuSu? Very interesting, have they offer these before and if so, any opinions on quality and fit? Thanks!

I like the light blue one for in the summer, might be a bit too slim.

adrianvo

Reaction score
Hey Adrianvo,

I think you just solved the issue for me, tried the jacket on with a fuller collared shirt and it pretty much masks the issue! Fair to say I'm looking for a semi spread or classic collared shirt? Any suppliers you'd recommend? We're in lockdown here in Ireland for another 6 weeks at least so will be picking up online.

Thanks again, you saved me alot of hassle!
Glad to hear!

Honestly, I'm a bit weird proportionally so I stick to custom made shirts. I have a thick neck, and it feels like most shirts were made for people with a pencil-thin neck.

I have a bunch of Tailor Store shirts I'm happy with, but I'm probably going to try SuitSupply shirts next time I order a MTM shirt. I've heard good things about Apposta and SuitSupply, but I don't want to pay the extra tax and customs fees if I order from Apposta so I probabl won't do them at first.

Just a little advice when ordering from Tailor Store to save yourself some time with returns while trying to get the shirt right, if you decide to do it:
  • Add about 2 centimeters to the biceps. Some people have complained about ripping the seams when bending the elbow, and although I didn't encounter this problem, the arm was a bit tight on my first shirt. They tend to made the arms a bit too snug.
  • Add 1 cm to the neck for a bit more comfort and estimated shrinkage
  • Be aware of the fabric weight in terms of how thin/heavy you want it.

They have a great return policy either way, and usually always a good discount code available.

acg2010

Reaction score
In case anyone is interested, I'm selling three suits I picked up from the outlet. All are 38R Havana fit - 2 double breasted and 1 notch lapel

Chalk stripe double breasted
Pin stripe notch lapel
Grey traveller double breasted

zewill

Reaction score
In case anyone is interested, I'm selling three suits I picked up from the outlet. All are 38R Havana fit - 2 double breasted and 1 notch lapel

Chalk stripe double breasted
Pin stripe notch lapel
Grey traveller double breasted

Wow that last one has massive lapels. Maybe as a tribute to Hugo jacomet from Parisian gentleman ? :D

Will23

Reaction score
I’m looking for 35,36 trousers and 44L sportcoats or suits. If someone has something, I'd like to see

porscheguy

Reaction score
@Marc S These jeans are very slim/tight fitting on the thigh and ankle to the point they qualify as skinny fit. The 32 has only a 6.9” leg opening. If you can’t fit the porto fit, then I wouldn’t bother with the jeans. A few years ago, SuSu offered a more relaxed fit denim option (I believe it was Carson fit), but I’ve only seen those on the Outlet recently.
Anyone seen the new stretch/selvedge denim options from SuSu? Very interesting, have they offer these before and if so, any opinions on quality and fit? Thanks!

I’ve got three pairs. Of their current offerings only the light blue and the white are stretch denim. The darker colors are not. I’ve got the dark blue, medium (discontinued), and the light blue. I’ve got an athletic build. I’m 6’ tall, weigh 210, and have a 33/34 waist. They are slim fit like most of SuSu’s casual clothes but not uncomfortably so. They don’t look painted on and you can’t see the outline of my balls. I’m also 44 years old so I prefer more traditional colors on jeans and these fit the Bill nicely while having a more contemporary fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads