• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

themasao

Reaction score
That is terrible news for us the customer. Never understood who that Jort dude was (apart from the fact he was a controversial Dutch journalist), he did look quite cringeworthy in some ads.
However, I understand they stop the collection from the Suitsupply stand point : who was spending 1000$ +cad for the jort line ? I always saw them on the outlet (where I grabbed them). Happy to have done so now that I learned this. Found them the best fitting for the whole susu collection, less taper than regular collection on the pants, and obviously the full canvas was a plus. At 320$ and 500$ for a 3 piece on outlets, premium materials, they were a no brainer (yes some pieces were a bit show off and hard to pull off for the regular customer).
A big shame if they do stop that line. My wardrobe is loaded anyways :D
That does leave a void for the premium collection at Suitsupply, I still believe they ought to have pieces for when a customer asks for the best of the best. I guess they can always redirect to their full canvass pieces.

I wonder if this means they will move away from having a premium line or if they will just restructure the naming/categorization.

It wasn't too long ago they took the La Spalla model and folded it into the Lazio collection. I found it confusing because I would think they would want to easily differentiate between the half-canvass, lower quality fabrics of regular Lazio and the premium fabrics/full canvas of La Spalla, but obviously the Big Wigs disagree. I also thought La Spalla was a great name but what do I know!

Seems this may be more of the same - a way of integrating their top-of-the-line options into their pre-existing framework. Time will tell.

Marccarlsson

Reaction score
Some of the new SS21 can be found through their picture files now.
This suit in particular seems interesting. Natural shoulder, wider lapels (but not "Havana Wide Lapel"-wide), 3 roll 2 buttoning, jetted pockets. Seems like a new fit if i'm not mistaken.

p6217_1.jpg

TheSupplier

Reaction score
Seen that around. Not sure about how I’m feeling about the jetted pockets but I’m leaning towards “no”

osw880

Reaction score
Some of the new SS21 can be found through their picture files now.
This suit in particular seems interesting. Natural shoulder, wider lapels (but not "Havana Wide Lapel"-wide), 3 roll 2 buttoning, jetted pockets. Seems like a new fit if i'm not mistaken.

Can you share the picture files with us?

ryanohare

Reaction score
Got 3 outlet items that don't fit if anyone wants to make me an offer?

Size 34R navy porto washed chino - https://suitsupply.com/en-us/men/trousers/navy-porto-chino/B1260.html
Size 11.5 Brown suede boot - (can't find the actual SS link but they're the same as these - https://www.grailed.com/listings/19567924-suitsupply-suede-brown-chukka-boot)
Size
Size 11.5 Brown oxfords (same as these only brown - https://suitsupply.com/en-nl/men/shoes/black-oxford/FW1101N.html)

All completely new, with tags/boxed, never worn.

I just want to get rid so make me an offer, or PM and I can send exact pics. Cheers.

GrahamM

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been done to death, but I wondered if someone could explain the fit difference between suitsupply's various trousers..Soho, Brescia etc. etc? Are they all similar? I have e-mailed them directly, but still waiting. If it helps I'm a thin guy, runner, 5'8 (174 cm), under 126 lbs (58 Kg), but meatyish thighs.

Was looking at...https://suitsupply.com/en-gb/men/trousers/light-grey-soho-trousers/B809.html (but not 100% sure on cuffs) and was considering "Brescia" custom make....worth it?

Cheers

Graham

papado

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been done to death, but I wondered if someone could explain the fit difference between suitsupply's various trousers..Soho, Brescia etc. etc? Are they all similar? I have e-mailed them directly, but still waiting. If it helps I'm a thin guy, runner, 5'8 (174 cm), under 126 lbs (58 Kg), but meatyish thighs.

Was looking at...https://suitsupply.com/en-gb/men/trousers/light-grey-soho-trousers/B809.html (but not 100% sure on cuffs) and was considering "Brescia" custom make....worth it?

Cheers

Graham

Muscular legs are the undoing of SuitSupply trouser fit success. Most of the fits are quite similar in dimensions and favor a trimmer fit top to bottom. I have musuclar legs and the only fit I've found that works for me in a normal size (eg I don't have to size up 1 or 2 whole waist sizes) would be the Braddon. Only issue with them is that they only come double pleated so if you want flat fronts you are out of luck!

KungLao

Reaction score
If anyone has SS Full canvas suit (jort or LaSpella) and Spier and Mackay Full canvas suit? How do you compare them for the fit and fabric?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads