• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nevaeh

Reaction score
Dunno if this has been discussed before, but on the UK site there is no explanation of what the different trouser styles entail fit-wise (slim, regular etc) . This is the same on the custom order system too, I can specify materials, button colours, cuffs etc - but no section on how they will fit. Can anyone explain this or give advice? Thanks

Edit: Is there an assumption with custom-made that I will go to the store to have the fit adjusted? And it seems Jort are the only regular fit trousers from the OTR range.

If you are able to, I highly recommend going to the store for a custom order fit. As others have pointed out, you can select your options online, save that configuration, and then go to a store to be fit. Online, custom made is only partially beneficial--you can only select options, but not alter fit. In store, they can adjust for all kinds of issues: size, dropped shoulders, sleeve length, trouser hem, etc. My suggestion is figure out the aesthetics--fabric, buttons, lining, all that jazz--online and then go to the store for the fit (if you are able to and feel comfortable doing so).

0Phoenix0

Reaction score
I couldn't pull this up on the US site. A few questions:

- How are much are they selling it for at outlet price and the original price?
- Is it goodyear welted?

I see a couple of premium models in the US site only discounted about 50% and they are sitting.
It is Blake Rapid, selling op for 399 €, now for 199 €. Did not pull the trigger because I do not know the leather and work quality. I have some Goodyear welted Heschung and Carmina boots, which I paid 300 EUR for on sale, so I am not sure about how the Jort boots compare.

osw880

Reaction score
What do you guys think of grey flannel tux?

I don't own a tux but is it the right move to get a non-black tux as your first one?

Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 1.06.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 1.09.34 PM.png

MisterBB

Reaction score
Second order came in today.

2 Siennas, 1 Lazio and 1 Napoli. 3 of these are from 2018 and one is from 2016. Always interesting to me to see how long they've been inventory.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dapper3

Reaction score

I don't own a tux but is it the right move to get a non-black tux as your first one?

View attachment 1510161
View attachment 1510163

I ordered this from the Outlet and absolutely love it. If you're going to purchase this as your only tux I wouldn't go for it. Instead I'd purchase a 4/all season fabric. If you understand that you'll be wearing this flannel tux ONLY during the colder months it is a no brainer at the price point.

EthansAlley

Reaction score

@osw880 That gray tux is sharp and appropriate for most black tie events. Before it may not have made sense to drop $600+ on a tux you’ll wear once in a blue moon, but the current discount makes it is as good a time as ever to buy that tux. The fact that it’s not black is not something I’d be concerned about. I’ve been to several black-tie events over the last few years, and I was blown away with the amount of non-traditional “tuxedos” people wore. The majority of men had “tuxedos” with flap pockets, notch lapels, narrow lapels, 2-buttons on single-breasted jackets, and other cringeworthy elements of modern tuxedos. That gray tux certainly will make you one of the best dressed at any black tie event.

ultramantaro

Reaction score
@osw880 That gray tux is sharp and appropriate for most black tie events. Before it may not have made sense to drop $600+ on a tux you’ll wear once in a blue moon, but the current discount makes it is as good a time as ever to buy that tux. The fact that it’s not black is not something I’d be concerned about. I’ve been to several black-tie events over the last few years, and I was blown away with the amount of non-traditional “tuxedos” people wore. The majority of men had “tuxedos” with flap pockets, notch lapels, narrow lapels, 2-buttons on single-breasted jackets, and other cringeworthy elements of modern tuxedos. That gray tux certainly will make you one of the best dressed at any black tie event.

+ 1

I've rarely seen a flannel tux unless it's an EU thing. Almost all tuxes I have seen here in the US at balls and weddings have a satin/sharkskin finish.

kadidal

Reaction score
I thought about diving in on the linen three-piece tux on the outlet, but then someone posted this on eBay yesterday and I grabbed it instead — was on the surprise midyear outlet at twice the price.
E5F8A4D5-E00A-49A0-900C-D002D1E9FE04.jpeg

YellowSteel

Reaction score

I bought a midnight blue one for my wedding next year. It's actually the same style as the grey flannel but the Jort version of it as I recall.

Don't ever see myself wearing it a lot but that one would make you look sweet. My fiancee really likes mine here.

Last edited:

nzahir

Reaction score
Any 38s Sienna or maybe Havana suits for sale that nobody wants?

mina262

Reaction score
About to sell some stuff from outlet that hasn’t worked out. PM if you’re interested - selling at cost to SF.
Havana size 40 - wool/silk/linen
Rivington Blue coat - size 42
Porto chinos size 34

Attachments

• 129743A9-1F9A-4F94-AE39-60996100BB0D.jpeg
    129743A9-1F9A-4F94-AE39-60996100BB0D.jpeg
    523.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 78AEF13E-9557-4F2B-90E6-E74E2A4E9C2A.jpeg
    78AEF13E-9557-4F2B-90E6-E74E2A4E9C2A.jpeg
    325.6 KB · Views: 80
  • C30AB68C-4D2C-47F0-9F9A-8D287E05CE77.jpeg
    C30AB68C-4D2C-47F0-9F9A-8D287E05CE77.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 101

twodice1

Reaction score
Snuck in an order for the Black Havana linen Tuxedo jacket and Brescia linen trousers to accompany for $180, last call for the outlet I suppose.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads