• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That seems like a completely flawed system. The local staff gets no benefit from all the online sales, but get hit with a penalty on returns? This is perhaps why, in the U.S. at least, they have moved to a "final sale" approach, to prevent people from returning large quantities of items.

By the way, does anyone know what SuitSupply does with returns of custom made items? Do they leave enough allowances, to reconfigure it for a regular sale?
There is no commission on sales (at least in Sweden). It is more like their monthly target KPI that suffers. Custom Made goes back to the main hub I suppose which is the Netherlands. Not sure what they do to them.

nevaeh

Reaction score
I guessed you were the one because I went there and they told me a guy bought the whole outlet and returned it :D

Extra Edit: Alterations count as regular sales and items per customer, so if you go there and do an alteration without buying anything you wreck their daily average. Which I think it was around 2750 SEK per customer? The target. And 1.6 items per customer.

Hahaha! What a crazyass system ... of course, they need to keep track of KPIs, as a way to assess sales benchmarks for employees and stores. And every system will have flaws, but this is nuts!

MisterBB

Reaction score
Monday's order of 1 suit shipped.

Still waiting for my bulk order of 4 suits from Sunday and my last order from Saturday

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahaha! What a crazyass system ... of course, they need to keep track of KPIs, as a way to assess sales benchmarks for employees and stores. And every system will have flaws, but this is nuts!
The old store manager can ******* anaconda. The KPIs are of course important but there was too much of an obsession over it. It is a very demanding company. I learned a lot from there but it's not a job for the faint of heart.

sansimeon

Reaction score
I guessed you were the one because I went there and they told me a guy bought the whole outlet and returned it :D

Extra Edit: Alterations count as regular sales and items per customer, so if you go there and do an alteration without buying anything you wreck their daily average. Which I think it was around 2750 SEK per customer? The target. And 1.6 items per customer.

I’m tired, do you mean doing only alterations is bad or good for the rep? After the last outlet I brought in like 10 items for hemming etc. Felt a bit bad for the guy who got stuck with helping me.

MisterBB

Reaction score
Could always sell to the reseller on here. Haven't seen a post from him in a while

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m tired, do you mean doing only alterations is bad or good for the rep? After the last outlet I brought in like 10 items for hemming etc. Felt a bit bad for the guy who got stuck with helping me.
It's bad for the rep. You will also not see the top selling reps doing alterations so they can keep their average high.

In simple terms. You buy an alteration, pay 20$. It lowers the reps average.
You buy an alteration, pay 20$ and buy pants for 100$. It still counts like 1 item sold not 2. It lowers their average items per customer.

Sorry, don't want to drag this off topic! But I find it very interesting.

nevaeh

Reaction score

I think it's bad for the local store employee, since his or her average sale for the day takes a hit. What's the workaround here? Perhaps, since SuitSupply is only marginally cheaper than my local tailor, take everything to him?

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's bad for the local store employee, since his or her average sale for the day takes a hit. What's the workaround here? Perhaps, since SuitSupply is only marginally cheaper than my local tailor, take everything to him?
They do fine, usually people that go in there buy something extra. If you really want to help them then idk buy 2 pairs of socks or something. The tailors do a good job, I wouldn't take my stuff elsewhere.

sansimeon

Reaction score
It's bad for the rep. You will also not see the top selling reps doing alterations so they can keep their average high.

In simple terms. You buy an alteration, pay 20$. It lowers the reps average.
You buy an alteration, pay 20$ and buy pants for 100$. It still counts like 1 item sold not 2. It lowers their average items per customer.

Sorry, don't want to drag this off topic! But I find it very interesting.

Thanks. Guess I’ll have to ask the manager to do my alterations next time lol

hschrapel

Reaction score
That seems like a completely flawed system. The local staff gets no benefit from all the online sales, but get hit with a penalty on returns? This is perhaps why, in the U.S. at least, they have moved to a "final sale" approach, to prevent people from returning large quantities of items.

By the way, does anyone know what SuitSupply does with returns of custom made items? Do they leave enough allowances, to reconfigure it for a regular sale?
I've seen a few "custom" tagged pieces literred around my local store, but in the physical Amsterdam outlet store, there were an abundance

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few "custom" tagged pieces literred around my local store, but in the physical Amsterdam outlet store, there were an abundance
If you mean those that say "customize" on the sleeve, it just means they are available for custom made

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The purple Havana is fantastic. it is very grey, but distinctly purple.

The white alpaca Jort is cool too. I think I messed up buying the 38R instead of the 40R. I can make it work, but I will need the waist of the jacket and the pants let out a little bit.

Reaction score
Anyone around 5"8 160 have experience with ordering Lazio and/or Havanas in 38R?

First time ordering from SS, couldn't pass up a few pieces from the outlet at those prices, but I'm usually right in between sizing and cant fit a 30 waist so I decided to take a chance on a 38R/32w in both a Lazio and a Havana.

In the past I've had success with 36R jackets that run slim, though my weight fluctuates throughout the year by about 5-10lbs depending on if it's marathon training season..

Last edited:

compuccesory

Reaction score
Got my 2nd order today. The Jort overcoat unfortunately fit much like a suit jacket, and is impossible to wear over a suit. It's pretty nice though, any size 42-44s interested?

Pleasantly surprised with the shoes. I think Noblekostas was saying that the shoes aren't anything special, but for the price I paid they're great. A pair of brown blake stitch oxfords fit me pretty well and looks nice for $60, and the Antonio Maurizi suede Jodhpur boots are nice enough for $90.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads