• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, hard to beat for the price. But it's 100% cotton if I recall correctly and it looked a little cheap to my eyes.
Is this the solaro fabric? I like it. Sleeves are too long though compared to the standard Havana.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if 100% cotton can be considered solaro but it does have a solaro finish.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The DB ones is for sure the solaro fabric.
If this is the same, I am quite happy with it actually. Especially since I got it for 80 euros :p DSC01679.jpg DSC01682.jpg DSC01683.jpg

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks adequate. I just hope the sleeves on the DB one aren’t too long. I’m already going to have to get them shortened.

Also, I just got the email that my first order was delivered. I am excited to see what the purple Havana and the white fuzzy Jort look/fit like when I get off of work.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks adequate. I just hope the sleeves on the DB one aren’t too long. I’m already going to have to get them shortened.

Also, I just got the email that my first order was delivered. I am excited to see what the purple Havana and the white fuzzy Jort look/fit like when I get off of work.
If it is the same, it will be 1 cm longer than usual.

sansimeon

Reaction score
Received my first packages. Mostly disappointments and will probably return all six items.

One really nice Marling & Evans jacket was the wrong size, four items had random fit issues and the Havana shawl tux was just very unflattering. Looked bad in the model pic too but was hoping it’d look better irl properly sized.

Glad I’m waiting for another 10 or so items. I always feel bad for ordering and returning stuff every outlet but it’s really their fault for having such inconsistent sizing. You US guys are brave to order with no returns!

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my first packages. Mostly disappointments and will probably return all six items.

One really nice Marling & Evans jacket was the wrong size, four items had random fit issues and the Havana shawl tux was just very unflattering. Looked bad in the model pic too but was hoping it’d look better irl properly sized.

Glad I’m waiting for another 10 or so items. I always feel bad for ordering and returning stuff every outlet but it’s really their fault for having such inconsistent sizing. You US guys are brave to order with no returns!
Small trivia, if you return in the shop, the sales rep that processes the returns will take the hit on his account. Which means if you return 1000 Euros worth of stuff and he sold 500 that day, he will end up with -500

In simple terms, you screw their KPI :p

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Small trivia, if you return in the shop, the sales rep that processes the returns will take the hit on his account. Which means if you return 1000 Euros worth of stuff and he sold 500 that day, he will end up with -500

That is a ******* marsupialed system

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a ******* marsupialed system
it is usually the floor manager or store manager that does the returns so it is not that bad for them. However, in Stockholm they have sensors in every door that track the customers entering and leaving. if you are smart and want to help them, you enter from the side to avoid the sensor :D

I got hilarious stories from these systems.

hschrapel

Reaction score

Sucks for Stockholm store then, when in the last outlet I returned 6 suits...

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sucks for Stockholm store then, when in the last outlet I returned 6 suits...
I guessed you were the one because I went there and they told me a guy bought the whole outlet and returned it :D

Extra Edit: Alterations count as regular sales and items per customer, so if you go there and do an alteration without buying anything you wreck their daily average. Which I think it was around 2750 SEK per customer? The target. And 1.6 items per customer.

hschrapel

Reaction score
I guessed you were the one because I went there and they told me a guy bought the whole outlet and returned it :D
Ja. But I guess they caught me on the flip side when I came back in a few weeks later and purchased 5 MTM suits and a sports jacket.

nevaeh

Reaction score

That seems like a completely flawed system. The local staff gets no benefit from all the online sales, but get hit with a penalty on returns? This is perhaps why, in the U.S. at least, they have moved to a "final sale" approach, to prevent people from returning large quantities of items.

By the way, does anyone know what SuitSupply does with returns of custom made items? Do they leave enough allowances, to reconfigure it for a regular sale?

sansimeon

Reaction score

I won’t be returning in store, but good info for others who might. Wouldn’t want to ruin someone’s day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads