• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

p0rkbelly

Reaction score
Oh it’s the same one? It looks great in real life! Thanks! I’ll probably wear it with blue jeans three out of four times and with grey/charcoal the remaining one time.

Thanks. Actually, I was misremembering -- 38R Havana fits me like a glove with zero alterations. Love the way it fits, and I prefer slim fit than the napoli and sienna.

EthansAlley

Reaction score
Only wear a suit 5 -10 times a year (I work in tech) -- but, overdue for a new one.

Deciding between an S-150 wool Washington or

or a full canvas wool/silk Lazio:

I've never tried on a Washington or owned a full canvas, but, I have a slim build and Siennas and Lazios fit me great right off the rack.

Any opinions of which I should go for in terms of quality/construction/deal? I like slightly darker gray, but, both look good tome.

@p0rkbelly The construction quality is great for most of the fits. What you pick will largely depend on how you like the shoulder to fit. The Washington has a military-like, structured shoulder, and the Lazio has the traditional padded shoulder with some structure. The Sienna has some padding, but it has the more natural shoulder. For my preference, I only wear natural or unconstructed shoulders. I don’t like any shoulder padding or the structured shoulder, so I stay away from all Lazio’s and Washington’s. But you may decide you prefer those looks.

EthansAlley

Reaction score
If it says Full Canvas it is a La Spalla. I have a handy article with all the fit differences if you are interested.

It still says In process for my sole suit order. I hope it will end up looking good, I never had an actual brown suit before.

@Noblekostas Can you post that article with the fit differences? I’d like to see that.

nevaeh

Reaction score
Does anyone know whether SuitSupply’s tailors are able to change buttons on an existing suit? How much do they typically charge for this?

kithking23

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in a Washington notched lapel 150S,38R pm me,willing to let it go.

blue2007

Reaction score
Only 1 shipment out of 3 arrived and still, two of my orders weren't even shipped. Oh well, we just gotta wait more patiently.

Meanwhile, I just took some photos of my Jort Navy DB sportscoat I purchased from the last outlet.

This is the most luxurious piece that I own along with La Sapalla S150 wool suit. I love how soft and warm this jacket is but sadly I never got to wear it thus far.

Fabric is 100% Cashmere from Colombo mill.

View attachment 1506886

View attachment 1506887

View attachment 1506888

What size?

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether SuitSupply’s tailors are able to change buttons on an existing suit? How much do they typically charge for this?
They will do it for free here if you ask nicely, but I mean just ask it depends on how many buttons you want to change

EthansAlley

Reaction score

@nevaeh The SuSu tailors will change out jacket buttons. Some of their blazers actually come with a different set of buttons in case you want them to change out. Calling the store or online chat should get you the pricing. If you go in store and ask for it as part of an overall tailoring job, sometimes they’ll do it for free. For me, I’ve gotten some suspender buttons tacked on for free when I asked for it as part of a larger tailoring job.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads