• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

osw880

Reaction score
Only 1 shipment out of 3 arrived and still, two of my orders weren't even shipped. Oh well, we just gotta wait more patiently.

Meanwhile, I just took some photos of my Jort Navy DB sportscoat I purchased from the last outlet.

This is the most luxurious piece that I own along with La Sapalla S150 wool suit. I love how soft and warm this jacket is but sadly I never got to wear it thus far.

Fabric is 100% Cashmere from Colombo mill.

IMG_2189.JPG

IMG_2311.JPG

IMG_8529.JPG

Shetterd

Reaction score
Only wear a suit 5 -10 times a year (I work in tech) -- but, overdue for a new one.

Deciding between an S-150 wool Washington or

or a full canvas wool/silk Lazio:

I've never tried on a Washington or owned a full canvas, but, I have a slim build and Siennas and Lazios fit me great right off the rack.

Any opinions of which I should go for in terms of quality/construction/deal? I like slightly darker gray, but, both look good tome.
Worth noting, too, that this particular Lazio suit appears to be a La Spalla model, which is one of their lines with a higher make (see full canvas construction, side-tabbed trousers, etc), if I am not mistaken.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Worth noting, too, that this particular Lazio suit appears to be a La Spalla model, which is one of their lines with a higher make (see full canvas construction, side-tabbed trousers, etc), if I am not mistaken.
If it says Full Canvas it is a La Spalla. I have a handy article with all the fit differences if you are interested.

It still says In process for my sole suit order. I hope it will end up looking good, I never had an actual brown suit before.

p0rkbelly

Reaction score
If it says Full Canvas it is a La Spalla. I have a handy article with all the fit differences if you are interested.

It still says In process for my sole suit order. I hope it will end up looking good, I never had an actual brown suit before.

Link please

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is the EU outlet still open? Can anybody send a link?

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Link please

It is mostly relevant I would say. I haven't talked about button stance but overall for features it will suffice.

@crazn https://outlet-eu.suitsupply.com/sv/home Code 2020

@philadelphian shameless tag, I have replied to your mail too!

Last edited:

nevaeh

Reaction score
Only wear a suit 5 -10 times a year (I work in tech) -- but, overdue for a new one.

I've never tried on a Washington or owned a full canvas, but, I have a slim build and Siennas and Lazios fit me great right off the rack.

Any opinions of which I should go for in terms of quality/construction/deal? I like slightly darker gray, but, both look good tome.

They both look sharp! It’s a tough decision between the two, though I would lean towards the Washington, for these reasons: I like the darker color—but it will make the suit slightly more formal; it has the right bells and whistles (Milanese buttonhole, horn buttons, etc.); and I like that the side tabs are on the waistline, instead of the waistband. Nothing major, but my preference is for the Washington and it’s a great deal.

A caveat I would like to add is that the S150 fabric will likely be less robust that may wear out faster. But it shouldn’t be a major concern, since you’ll only wear this 5–10 suit times a year.

Last edited:

nevaeh

Reaction score

But, if you go with the Lazio, the color is spectacular and that suit will be incredibly versatile. You can wear it everywhere from the office to weddings—and everywhere in between. Where do you envision wearing this suit?

Last edited:

p0rkbelly

Reaction score
But, if you go with the Lazio, the color is spectacular and that suit will be incredibly versatile. You can wear it everywhere from the office to weddings—and everywhere in between. Where do you envision wearing this suit?

This is for special occasions, high end date night only. I lean towards a darker color for that.

S150 wool vs a wool-silk blend on suit supply...maybe that's another question? How would they compare contrast? I'm not concerned about the resiliency of each fabric, since it won't be worn often.

I am concerned about the Washington fit since I've never worn it. I'm 6'. 175lbs, 32" waist) .. Siennas fit like a glove...

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is for special occasions, high end date night only. I lean towards a darker color for that.

S150 wool vs a wool-silk blend on suit supply...maybe that's another question? How would they compare contrast? I'm not concerned about the resiliency of each fabric, since it won't be worn often.

I am concerned about the Washington fit since I've never worn it. I'm 6'. 175lbs, 32" waist) .. Siennas fit like a glove...

The Washington is wider in the shoulders and narrower in the waist compared to the Sienna. If the Sienna fits you perfectly, I may recommend avoiding the Washington for a final sale kind of purchase.

Marccarlsson

Reaction score
I finally caved and purchased this wool, silk, cashmere Havana, with the fabric from E. Thomas. I’m hoping the color and fabric are versatile enough to wear around town?

View attachment 1507003
I purchased this last outlet and to me, a lighter navy/blue is much more versatile than a traditional dark navy. A dark navy is too formal and has too much of a contrast with lighter fabrics, where as this works fine with everything from charcoal to cream/white pants.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201129_231313_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20201129_231313_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 112

nevaeh

Reaction score

I’ll leave an expert answer on the fit question to @Noblekostas, but my experience is that the Washington is noticeably slimmer than the Sienna. And it’s slightly longer.

The other question is whether your shoulder profile will benefit from the structure of the Washington.

The problem with this sale is that nothing is returnable, if you live in the United States. That’s a major concern, especially if you haven’t tried a particular fit.

Do you live near a store? Can you go try on a Washington and a Lazio? Quite frankly, I am also a big fan of SuitSupply’s custom program if you live close to a store. Custom suits are only marginally more expensive (when compared to retail, not outlet), but all alterations are included and you get a much cleaner suit from the outset.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ll leave an expert answer on the fit question to @Noblekostas, but my experience is that the Washington is noticeably slimmer than the Sienna. And it’s slightly longer.

The other question is whether your shoulder profile will benefit from the structure of the Washington.

The problem with this sale is that nothing is returnable, if you live in the United States. That’s a major concern, especially if you haven’t tried a particular fit.

Do you live near a store? Can you go try on a Washington and a Lazio? Quite frankly, I am also a big fan of SuitSupply’s custom program if you live close to a store. Custom suits are only marginally more expensive (when compared to retail, not outlet), but all alterations are included and you get a much cleaner suit from the outset.
Thanks, I did show him my article.

The Sienna fit is called "Contemporary" which is a load of marketing crap. It is regular fit. The Havana and Lazio are slimmer and the Washington is Extra Slim and longer (noticeable around the sleeves) and has the heaviest padding out of any suit. Impossible to say if you will fit but if you are on the larger side @p0rkbelly I would say it is a gamble. You can let out the waist 5-6 cm which is pretty much equivalent to a size up of course but the sleeve length is adjustable max -1.5 cm.

nevaeh

Reaction score
I purchased this last outlet and to me, a lighter navy/blue is much more versatile than a traditional dark navy. A dark navy is too formal and has too much of a contrast with lighter fabrics, where as this works fine with everything from charcoal to cream/white pants.

Oh it’s the same one? It looks great in real life! Thanks! I’ll probably wear it with blue jeans three out of four times and with grey/charcoal trousers the remaining one time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics