• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zewill

Reaction score
2.5 cm longer sleeves, 3 cm longer jacket, 2 cm tighter waist in both jacket and pants and 4 cm longer pants
I'm a L size. I love the length of jacket and sleeves, perfect and no adjustments needed. Making the trousers tighter tho is pretty dumb seeing susu has the tightest trousers in the market with nothing or very little to take out (unless I misread and only the waist is tighter? Or around calves and leg?

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a L size. I love the length of jacket and sleeves, perfect and no adjustments needed. Making the trousers tighter tho is pretty dumb seeing susu has the tightest trousers in the market with nothing or very little to take out (unless I misread and only the waist is tighter? Or around calves and leg?
Only the waist is tighter 2 cm on the trousers, they are not more tapered

blue2007

Reaction score
Were there any camel coats in larger sizes? Like 44-46?

Would def be interested in some of those outlet overcoats that I missed in the sizes above.

Last edited:

Jazzthief

Reaction score
A question to those with more experience with different types of lining on suits. When assembling a suit in their online Custom Made programme it states in the lining infographic that the lining impacts the drape of the garment - both, jacket and trousers.

• Full lined: "Fully lined jackets feature a linking throughout the entirety of a jacket's interior. Unlike half lined, they offer a strong, more structured drape and more luxurious wear."
  • Half lined: "Half lined jackets feature a linking throughout the top half of a jacket's interior, including the arms. Unlike fully lined, they offer a lighter, more natural drape."
  • The same applies to trousers.

Surely the lining does not have much of an effect on the drape? Should that not be most affected by the outer fabric and the canvassing? I would appreciate people's experience in this regard.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A question to those with more experience with different types of lining on suits. When assembling a suit in their online Custom Made programme it states in the lining infographic that the lining impacts the drape of the garment - both, jacket and trousers.

• Full lined: "Fully lined jackets feature a linking throughout the entirety of a jacket's interior. Unlike half lined, they offer a strong, more structured drape and more luxurious wear."
  • Half lined: "Half lined jackets feature a linking throughout the top half of a jacket's interior, including the arms. Unlike fully lined, they offer a lighter, more natural drape."
  • The same applies to trousers.

Surely the lining does not have much of an effect on the drape? Should that not be most affected by the outer fabric and the canvassing? I would appreciate people's experience in this regard.
it’s fine: however the fancier ones like the alpaca design I have are fully synthetic. Be wary of that

Imperatores

Reaction score

It definitely has an effect on drape in my experience. Mostly in the back of the jacket, though. Depending on what you're wearing underneath, and the texture of the jacket fabric, there can often be a bit of friction in the back that causes it to snag a bit and drape less cleanly. The smooth lining allows the jacket to move more freely over whatever else you're wearing. That also makes it more comfortable, and is why I typically prefer a full lining in all of my jackets. Guys often talk about the benefits of half or quarter lining in hot weather, but I struggle to tell the difference. Especially if the lining is a good quality Cupro/Bemberg.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads