• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

db9sfast

Reaction score
Ok. Some of my orders finally shipped (located jnstates). I think they are doing block orders this time. By that I mean if you have 10 items in 1 order, they won’t ship until they have ALL 10. And ALL 10 will ship at the same time.
Most of my orders were larger in items. So it’s taking sometime to fulfill.
also I’m noticing that NONE of the items are shipping from the EU like last time. I think outlet was Only restricted to what was physically available in the states

Kimistry

Reaction score
Does anybody have any real life experience with the jacket below? I like the pattern/colours, but I’m afraid of the composition. 17% polyamide seems a lot, but I’ve never handled anything like this before.
View attachment 1503516

Ugh. I had ordered this and just got notice that it was cancelled. Do they typically give gift cards for this? Any chance they could still fulfill it?

notdos

Reaction score
No gift cards on Outlet cancellations. Or at least that’s been my experience.

Marccarlsson

Reaction score
Time to try on some jackets ?
IMG_20201125_210421.jpg

ryanohare

Reaction score
Can we ship it directly to us or do we have to use a mail forwarding service? And how much does it cost to ship using a service like shipito, etc. to get it sent here?

I assume, and hope, that we'll eventually start getting an outlet as they expand in Aus, with Sydney store opening not too long ago and hopefully other capitals to follow. Also, is the stock on the AU site different to that in EU or US, some of the products others have bought and shared with us on here I can't find on our webstore.

Shipping from SS to a mail address through Shipito is free. From there, it's all about weight of package and speed of delivery to Aus. Usually works out about $50 or so depending on how much you've bought really - which is still great value given the prices in the outlet.

I'd be amazed if there was an Aus outlet anytime. Just not big enough demand from our part of the world to satisfy it I'd say.

zewill

Reaction score
Are you EU or states. Haven’t had the even 5% of my Items ship yet. But already 1 cancellation.

Are they offering any compensation like last time around? Must've cost them a pretty penny although not really as I don't think you can use it on the outlet and no one is buying full price lol

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are they offering any compensation like last time around? Must've cost them a pretty penny although not really as I don't think you can use it on the outlet and no one is buying full price lol
Last outlet I got $90 credit to conpensate for orders they cancelled. Just enough for a really nice linen/cotton sweater.

nevaeh

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Suit Supply's custom shirts? Would you recommend it? Is it like the made from scratch program (where they measure you and cut a pattern to your size)--or do you have to stick to an existing size?

I want to have a few made, as I recently had some custom shirts made by a competitor of SuitSupply, known for their shirts, with remote measurements. Disappointingly, the sleeves turned out to be too long. I'm realizing that I need to stick with in-person measurements, and the other company does not have locations where I live.

khoshiko

Reaction score
It's probably good for my wallet that I was late to the outlet this season, but now I'm more desperate so maybe not! I'm in the US, is the black Lazio tuxedo (P1109) not showing as on sale for anyone else? Its listed for me as the MSRP $569 with no sale price.

Related: is the "Black Plain" P1199 tuxedo based on the Napoli? The pictures look identical to the Lazio, except perhaps narrower lapels unless my eyes are playing tricks on me. I'm a 44R in Lazio but wondering if I can make 44L in this plain one work.

khoshiko

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Suit Supply's custom shirts? Would you recommend it? Is it like the made from scratch program (where they measure you and cut a pattern to your size)--or do you have to stick to an existing size?

Have you tried any of their shirts RTW? I haven't been particularly impressed with the fabric of the ones I've bought/tried on (which admittedly is >10). They're fine on sale, but I wouldn't get them custom. The ones I've tried are either course-feeling or almost plasticy (I think that one was a traveller-esque design with a different weave pattern but still, not my favorite).

hschrapel

Reaction score

I want to have a few made, as I recently had some custom shirts made by a competitor of SuitSupply, known for their shirts, with remote measurements. Disappointingly, the sleeves turned out to be too long. I'm realizing that I need to stick with in-person measurements, and the other company does not have locations where I live.
I was looking to get same made up, but was disappointed with the lack of options in the "customization". As far as I remember, the options for adjustment are great in regards to fit, but their collar options are limited and little to no customization is available for those collars. For example, their button down collar; you couldn't adjust the collar point length, nor could you adjust the width/stance. That's a deal breaker for me, as their collar points where IMO rather short, and I like a long and wide roll.

For reference, this was earlier this year circa July. I doubt they've updated that option. I also would recommend steering clear of their "base" traveler fabrics for shirting, as I was informed that they're rather synthetic, and do not breathe well. Go up to their "middle" tier or "top" tier fabrics

jko

Reaction score
Is it like the made from scratch program (where they measure you and cut a pattern to your size)

They don't measure you in the custom made program – you get a fitting garment that they make adjustments to. Same thing with the shirts.

It's true that you can't customize every single detail (can't do that with their suits either) but a MTM shirt in Albini, Monti, Thomas Mason fabric for around 100 € is hard to beat.

MontyLo

Reaction score
They look crisp! Are they ready-to-wear or custom? How's the fit?

They’re custom. I was overall very happy with the fit of the size 18 collar shirt in the standard tailored silhouette so I just had them make the sleeves longer and then specified details:

Thomas Mason cloth
Traditional collar
Removable stays
1 button cuffs
Single round French cuff on the white
MOP buttons
Hand Shanked buttons
no gauntlet buttons
3 initial Lilac italic body panel monogram

I’m pretty impressed overall especially considering there was no surcharge for the cloth (plenty of good Albini in the swatch book).

personally I may still desire a higher collar with a more forward point but that’s a matter of taste and I’ll order some more shirts soon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads