• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ScofieldReturns

Reaction score
dang my $171 purple line navy lazio suit got cancelled, i was really proud of snagging that deal. light grey peacoat hasn't shipped yet, hope that doesnt get cancelled. everything else is en route

Contingency Plan

Reaction score
thanks, I double checked the numbers against my North Face down jacket and they do seem to match up.
I got thrown off by the images showing a trench coat!
A Large North Face puffer jacket is very similar to the 42 here, but the waist is a bit slimmer, its a 47 on the north face but 45 on the 42 Down.
My belly at the Navel is 41ish wearing a tshirt and hoody, I wonder if I can pull off the 40 or need a 42.
I dont want to be swimming in it.

Anyone have this Down Jacket or seen it in person and can comment on the quality and/or fit??
Also, why does the 'body chart' show 36-37 for the waist (sz42) but on the Product details, it shows 45 on the 'upper waist'.
I dont understand this chat, why is it giving an extra 8 inches, isn't this the same body part?
Thanks for any help!

If in doubt, go bigger - especially with outerwear. You can always layer/tailor/enjoy the roomier fit.

twodice1

Reaction score
dang my $171 purple line navy lazio suit got cancelled, i was really proud of snagging that deal. light grey peacoat hasn't shipped yet, hope that doesnt get cancelled. everything else is en route

My Light Grey Sienna at the same price got cancelled too!

ScofieldReturns

Reaction score
My Light Grey Sienna at the same price got cancelled too!

i got a light grey havana suit at $180 too, so that can sub in as my only suit (my old navy one is worn out). Bought it mostly to wear the jacket as a separate but whatever works, not like i'll be wearing a suit anytime soon...it was just too good of a deal to pass up for something i had some need for

twodice1

Reaction score
i got a light grey havana suit at $180 too, so that can sub in as my only suit (my old navy one is worn out). Bought it mostly to wear the jacket as a separate but whatever works, not like i'll be wearing a suit anytime soon...it was just too good of a deal to pass up for something i had some need for

As I'm coming up to 5-6 years with some SS suits, curious how you identify when a suit is ready to be retired?

ScofieldReturns

Reaction score
As I'm coming up to 5-6 years with some SS suits, curious how you identify when a suit is ready to be retired?

this one was Banana Republic, not my first suit but my first "nice" suit. I got it 7 years ago, it has some life left in it as I don't wear suits all that often but mostly it was tailored in a way that I'm no longer happy with as I'm more style conscious now. Most importantly the pants are rather baggy and I'm not going to invest in slimming them at this point. Generally the seat of the pants is the one that will wear out first (due to friction from sitting and some movement). Once they get noticeably thinner in some parts than others, it's probably time to retire unless you want a public wardrobe malfunction. Not my suit, but I've had that happen with pants before.

dapper3

Reaction score
13 of my 22 items have shipped. I ordered shoes, ties (several), suits, waistcoats

compuccesory

Reaction score
Everything in my first order shipped. Guess I'll have to get married again so I have a chance to wear that white tux!

For me, the underside of the sleeves also wear out pretty quickly from resting m arms on my desk while typing.

dapper3

Reaction score
Everything in my first order shipped. Guess I'll have to get married again so I have a chance to wear that white tux!

For me, the underside of the sleeves also wear out pretty quickly from resting m arms on my desk while typing.

I bought that White DB Tux as well hahahahaha

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads