• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jazzthief

Reaction score
a merano for 350, wonderful.

What do you guys think about the new belt coat in camel?

It looks like it is supposed to be a Balmacaan coat, but something is off about it. I think the lack of texture of the fabric, the short length, and the slimmer fit just do not make that much sense on a Balmacaan coat. All in all, it just looks faux in my opinion.

MxmHrpr

Reaction score
RE custom coats — very glad to see that length adjustment is an option. It’d be good to know how much longer than a usual “long” size they’d allow... Please post if you find out!

What I was hoping for on the coats is changing the angled pockets on the single breasted model to a horizontal flap. For style, but also because the angular ones are way too small on the coats I have.

CorozoButton

Reaction score
Can anyone compare the fit/measurements of the Merano to the Bleecker?

Bleecker 38 fits me great, but I've had other SS coats where a 36 is a much better fit for me.

lexxdeleon

Reaction score
I have a issue with my wool trousers. The legs usually get stuck on my (OTC) socks. And yes, I do favor a tapered leg opening (37cm), so I'd prefer not to go any wider than that. I guess going with full lining is the solution (as recommended in store)? Are there any negative side effects (expect that it might get a tad bit hotter)?

My cotton trousers don't have that issue, but I guess there's more friction between woolen socks and woolen (flannel fabrics, primarily) trousers.

I've run into that same issue as well, full lining does help. As would a slightly longer inseam and more space at the leg opening and knee if possible. I didn't notice a difference in temperature, but it's almost always Spring/Summer in Southern California.

If you end up not liking the full length lining (which actually stops somewhere near the ankle) you could potentially have a tailor shorten/remove part of the lining.

Jazzthief

Reaction score
Can anyone compare the fit/measurements of the Merano to the Bleecker?

Bleecker 38 fits me great, but I've had other SS coats where a 36 is a much better fit for me.

The fit is the same - slim, but adjustable when ordering from brick and mortar.

zewill

Reaction score
I noticed that, too. Peculiar that they come so cheap though. Last autumn/winter when I enquired about made to measure overcoats the prices were almost twice as much. I will probably drop by a store soon and will ask about it.

cheap? I did a few customization with their tool the overcoat was 930$ (Canadian so around 600$us)... doesn’t beat the 100 % cashmere overcoat I got from them from the outlet for 350$Cad :D

zewill

Reaction score
It looks like it is supposed to be a Balmacaan coat, but something is off about it. I think the lack of texture of the fabric, the short length, and the slimmer fit just do not make that much sense on a Balmacaan coat. All in all, it just looks faux in my opinion.
Can’t find it on the website. Indeed if it is Anywhere near a tiny bit short, can’t call it a balmacaan.
susu often have their stuff on the short side for me (If you look at how they dress the models, it seems that their goal is exactly that) both length and sleeves. good that they do 38L but usually for coats I have to size up because they don’t do L and 40 fits great.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some Lazio goodness.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So good. You are fortunate to be able to get such a great fit OTR. The trousers especially.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And the rise is pretty good too. Way higher than it would be on me, sadly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads