• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Baked Potato

Reaction score
Anyone else noticed that they've reduced the amount of customisation options for trousers? I don't see the Brentwood waistband as an option anymore. Hope they still have it for in-store MtM.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With in-store custom, would they make me a Napoli jacket with patch pockets?

db123456

Reaction score
One last question regarding my proposed set-up above. Would round patch pockets be considered to casual? I don't even know if it's even noticable to most people, but just wondering what you guys think.

One other point to consider is that a plain flannel isn't usually considered to be a great option for an odd jacket, the thought being that it lacks the sort of texture you're looking for in that context. You risk something like the "orphaned suit jacket" look you'd get with a jacket made from an ordinary worsted wool -- though obviously to a lesser extent since the flannel will have more of a texture to it.

Of course, nothing says you have to follow the "rules," and this one is probably better characterized as advice rather than a rule anyway. I just wanted to raise it since you seem to be thinking carefully about all the details on this order.

hschrapel

Reaction score
Sorry in advance if this derails the thread, but my fellow Swedes, where is a decent tailor that won't cost me a week's food for some simple alterations?

I've gotten a custom to SuSu's cheap alteration prices and now that I'm looking out in the real world, I'm shocked at the cost I've been quoted

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry in advance if this derails the thread, but my fellow Swedes, where is a decent tailor that won't cost me a week's food for some simple alterations?

I've gotten a custom to SuSu's cheap alteration prices and now that I'm looking out in the real world, I'm shocked at the cost I've been quoted
Check your DM

One other point to consider is that a plain flannel isn't usually considered to be a great option for an odd jacket, the thought being that it lacks the sort of texture you're looking for in that context. You risk something like the "orphaned suit jacket" look you'd get with a jacket made from an ordinary worsted wool -- though obviously to a lesser extent since the flannel will have more of a texture to it.

Of course, nothing says you have to follow the "rules," and this one is probably better characterized as advice rather than a rule anyway. I just wanted to raise it since you seem to be thinking carefully about all the details on this order.

I disagree with you. I think a blue plain flannel jacket works really well as a SC together with grey flannel trousers. I actually think that flannel is one of the better plain weaves for an odd jacket, lots of texture to it.

japejapejape

Reaction score
I disagree as well with the notion that a flannel jacket isn’t easily paired as a separate. And flannel has great texture imo and only gets even more textured the more you wear it

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I disagree. I get so much use out of my VBV navy flannel patch pocket sport coat.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I disagree. I get so much use out of my VBV navy flannel patch pocket sport coat.

I wasn't going to pile on here, but er, uhhh... mint green flannel sportcoat in action, paired with odd trousers.

1600733177436.png

Jazzthief

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Vitale Barberis Canonico S130 fabrics that Suitsupply offers? I myself do not really like fabrics with high S100 count as they do not seem durable and supposedly are more prone to wrinkling - S110 has been the maximum for me so far. The thing is, however, that the quality of S100 fabrics differ from mill to mill and from patch to patch etc.

I am thinking of commissioning a grey herringbone suit from Suitsupply that is in S130 fabric from Vitale Barberis Canonico (80.193/2, 260 gr/m2, 100% wool). I like the colour of the fabric and it would be ideal for an everyday suit. I do have a pair of Suitsupply Bolzano fit trousers from last season that are in S120/S130 wool that do not have excessive wrinkling, but I am still more cautious about purchasing an entire suit in S130.

The crux of my hesitation lies within the durability and wrinkling of a S130 fabric from Vitale Barberis Canonico fabrics that Suitsupply uses. Would such a fabric be suitable for an everyday "business" suit? I would appreciate anyone's input!

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Vitale Barberis Canonico S130 fabrics that Suitsupply offers? I myself do not really like fabrics with high S100 count as they do not seem durable and supposedly are more prone to wrinkling - S110 has been the maximum for me so far. The thing is, however, that the quality of S100 fabrics differ from mill to mill and from patch to patch etc.

I am thinking of commissioning a grey herringbone suit from Suitsupply that is in S130 fabric from Vitale Barberis Canonico (80.193/2, 260 gr/m2, 100% wool). I like the colour of the fabric and it would be ideal for an everyday suit. I do have a pair of Suitsupply Bolzano fit trousers from last season that are in S120/S130 wool that do not have excessive wrinkling, but I am still more cautious about purchasing an entire suit in S130.

The crux of my hesitation lies within the durability and wrinkling of a S130 fabric from Vitale Barberis Canonico fabrics that Suitsupply uses. Would such a fabric be suitable for an everyday "business" suit? I would appreciate anyone's input!
I have a few, remember that the weaving and material plays a big role. S130 is a little softer if we talk about average comparison with S110 worsted wool. The thinner the wool the more it will crease, I have a paper thin Sienna S130. But it is still fine. As long as you use the suit 2-3 times a week it should last decent.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone wonders about the Solaro fabric, here it is. I think it's the Washington trousers and an online MTM back from the order fiasco a few months ago with the deflated prices.

I like it overall more as I wear it.
DSC02291.jpg DSC02297.jpg
DSC02296.jpg DSC02301.jpg

jdtjib

Reaction score
Do any of you have any experience with letting Suitsupply blazers out from the back seam?

There is only about 3 cm (1 1/4 inches) of extra fabric. How much can they be let out?

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do any of you have any experience with letting Suitsupply blazers out from the back seam?

There is only about 3 cm (1 1/4 inches) of extra fabric. How much can they be let out?
They can let out 3 cm from the sides and 1 from the center seam if i remember correctly while working there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads