• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

japejapejape

Reaction score
Green double breasted suit is beautiful. Was already planning on doing a custom made for f/w with a dark green flannel. I’ll probably just use the same fabric and do something very similar. Darker buttons and pleated shoulders. Not sold on double breasted though as I tend to not wear those in my wardrobe that much but it looks really good

Baked Potato

Reaction score
Does anyone know if their return policy is applicable on custom made (MtM) in store, as it’s applicable on web store ordered custom mades?
Received my new trousers, which are the first made using their new (non Munro) system. They weren’t at all like my previous ones. Much tighter throughout the legs and with a lower waist...

MrSuited

Reaction score
Does anyone know if their return policy is applicable on custom made (MtM) in store, as it’s applicable on web store ordered custom mades?
Received my new trousers, which are the first made using their new (non Munro) system. They weren’t at all like my previous ones. Much tighter throughout the legs and with a lower waist...

Yes, their return policy applies to all custom made whether it's web store or in store.

DavidKong

Reaction score
Hi all

Is anyone here willing to let go his barely worn Suitsupply Peak Lapel / Shawl Lapel Tuxedo in size 38R ?

Thanks

pomor

Reaction score
First drops of the new season online!

Could you try to dig up some upcoming waistcoats? They only have 1 new one up so far. It’s the only category I am interested in in the upcoming months as I am all set with everything else for a while

Baked Potato

Reaction score
I saw that "lowering trouser rise" is an offered tailoring option, after taking a quick glance at their inhouse tailoring service list. Just curious, is this something that's possible without making the trousers looking weird?

Reaction score
Anyone looking to part with some 36 waist trousers?

Preferably 36 waist with side tabs, but open to all options out there, if any.

Eset

Reaction score
Who can help me with regards to trouser cuts - do Soho and Brentwood differ in terms of width and leg room? Which one is less slim-fit? Suitsupply doesn't offer the exact measurements and I am not too keen on visiting the shop at the moment.

I own two mid-grey Soho's (one flannel and both have enough leg room for my body type and taste, but I wouldn't want to go slimmer. I like the single pleat of the Brentwood, so I am eyeing at this one. Also, what do you think about the light grey flannel for the colder season? Too modern/trendy or acceptable from the average styleforum point of view?
(Soho on the left, Brentwood on the right)
Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-01 um 21.26.58.png

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who can help me with regards to trouser cuts - do Soho and Brentwood differ in terms of width and leg room? Which one is less slim-fit? Suitsupply doesn't offer the exact measurements and I am not too keen on visiting the shop at the moment.

I own two mid-grey Soho's (one flannel and both have enough leg room for my body type and taste, but I wouldn't want to go slimmer. I like the single pleat of the Brentwood, so I am eyeing at this one. Also, what do you think about the light grey flannel for the colder season? Too modern/trendy or acceptable from the average styleforum point of view?
View attachment 1451185

Brentwood is a higher rise and I found it roomy when I went up in size. It's still slim but I'd say better than the Soho.

Light grey flannel is a classic.

Marccarlsson

Reaction score

View attachment 1451185

Soho is their slimmest fit, Brentwood and Bolzano have a higher rise, and are more roomie in the hip and thigh area, but pretty slim in the calf. The Brescia is their standard fit, which is slimmer in the hip/thigh than Brentwood, but pretty much the same or even bigger in the calf.

I know you mentioned you didn't want to go to the store, but a quick tip for anyone who are looking for trousers. You can make a custom made trouser in store, and change some measurements when making them, like waist, thigh, knee and foot. This is then made during production, so you basically get a MTM-trouser based on any existing trousers (like the Brentwood). If you go "Full MTM", it is based on the Brescia fit. The cost is the same, which is something like 20-30€ more than the RTW pants. Since all alterations are included in Custom Made, it usually ends up cheaper anyway.

pomor

Reaction score
Soho is their slimmest fit, Brentwood and Bolzano have a higher rise, and are more roomie in the hip and thigh area, but pretty slim in the calf. The Brescia is their standard fit, which is slimmer in the hip/thigh than Brentwood, but pretty much the same or even bigger in the calf.

I know you mentioned you didn't want to go to the store, but a quick tip for anyone who are looking for trousers. You can make a custom made trouser in store, and change some measurements when making them, like waist, thigh, knee and foot. This is then made during production, so you basically get a MTM-trouser based on any existing trousers (like the Brentwood). If you go "Full MTM", it is based on the Brescia fit. The cost is the same, which is something like 20-30€ more than the RTW pants. Since all alterations are included in Custom Made, it usually ends up cheaper anyway.

Because of posters like you, this thread is alive!

nevaeh

Reaction score

Such great information!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads