• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nevaeh

Reaction score
Perfectly elegant, classic suit. Much nicer than my first suit. I really like the Lazio, for its strong shoulders and wide lapels. I’m glad you found pieces that fit you so well. ?

Looks great. I would only suggest one alteration: I'd echo the comment about extending the sleeves slightly. My preference is showing around 1/2 inch of cuff .

Imperatores

Reaction score
but the shirt I'm wearing in the picture has sleeves that are a bit too long

I just want to quickly point out that your shirt sleeves aren't actually too long, it's your cuffs that are too loose. Just move the buttons on the cuffs a bit to make them tighter around your wrists and stop at the correct length. You want the extra length in the sleeve itself so that they don't disappear up your arms when you move.

JackEst3

Reaction score
I just want to quickly point out that your shirt sleeves aren't actually too long, it's your cuffs that are too loose. Just move the buttons on the cuffs a bit to make them tighter around your wrists and stop at the correct length. You want the extra length in the sleeve itself so that they don't disappear up your arms when you move.

Thanks for the tip! I have been thinking about that, actually.

Konnor

Reaction score
I think it’s safe to say that there will not be an outlet..... so, I’m in the market for some double breasted jacket in a 40 if anyone is looking to part ways with any.

kithking23

Reaction score
So I got my custom made,I like everything but the chest pocket. Which I didn’t choose

Attachments

• 5DF7087D-B783-4472-AF63-758C1C54EB46.jpeg
    5DF7087D-B783-4472-AF63-758C1C54EB46.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 260

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I got my custom made,I like everything but the chest pocket. Which I didn’t choose
It looks fantastic. Who chose the chest pocket, and why did you go with it? It looks totally distinctive to me.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That pocket looks great on a safari style jacket. Not on a peak lapel suit.

kithking23

Reaction score
That pocket looks great on a safari style jacket. Not on a peak lapel suit.
I didn’t choose the pocket and I even made sure of this by talking to CS. Any suggestions? I was thinking of taking the button and the top of it off

nevaeh

Reaction score

I would ask for a remake. Overall, I have mixed feelings: the lapel looks great but the breast pocket stands out of place. A peak lapel is quite formal and my opinion is that it pairs best with a welted breast pocket. Your current configuration seems paradoxical. SuitSupply's barchetta breast pocket design might be perfect for the remake, formal with a flair.

Last edited:

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would absolutely ask for a remake. Now you have something that is neither formal nor casual and just looks out of place. Sad that they messed up but I believe that the clashes of formality makes it near impossible to pull off.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads