• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ifelix

Reaction score
What do you all think of the fit of this jacket (Lazio fit)? Any alterations suggestions? I'll very much appreciate it!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 137
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 155
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

caschta

Reaction score
For me, the bold fabric of a solaro needs a kind of bold stylistic statement of the garment. The jacket doesn't provide it imho. It's very subtle and smooth. I would say either peak lapels (single or double) or a pleated shoulder would have given more of a statement corresponding to the fabric.

Davidos

Reaction score
I don’t agree, I think it looks great with more “casual” details like patch pockets.
The only thing I would like to change is the color of the buttons.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t agree, I think it looks great with more “casual” details like patch pockets.
The only thing I would like to change is the color of the buttons.
I agree very much, the only thing i considered was double breasted. I wouldn't bother with a lapel or other style pockets. As for the buttons, to be fair I don't thing too much about either. I could change them to something lighter.

ifelix

Reaction score
I agree very much, the only thing i considered was double breasted. I wouldn't bother with a lapel or other style pockets. As for the buttons, to be fair I don't thing too much about either. I could change them to something lighter.

FWIW, the dark buttons actually look nice with your dark brown shoes.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, the dark buttons actually look nice with your dark brown shoes.
Thanks! I would have worn them with dark brown suede loafers as well (i have them in the shop) but in Sweden it's 15-20 degrees at the moment so chelseas work fine!

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What do you all think of the fit of this jacket (Lazio fit)? Any alterations suggestions? I'll very much appreciate it!
If it were me, I would go with a longer size. I think, that Lazio being a slim cut and going for a shorter jacket, misplaces where the waist should be making it look like if it were tight (because is higher from where the waist is) when it's not tight. I think the a longer jacket, the waist will fall where it should be and being more appealing to your body.

ifelix

Reaction score
If it were me, I would go with a longer size. I think, that Lazio being a slim cut and going for a shorter jacket, misplaces where the waist should be making it look like if it were tight (because is higher from where the waist is) when it's not tight. I think the a longer jacket, the waist will fall where it should be and being more appealing to your body.

Excellent point. Thank you! You're right, it feels/looks tight around the waist, but it really isn't. I could try the Washington fit, with a slightly longer size.

Marc S

Reaction score
Excellent point. Thank you! You're right, it feels/looks tight around the waist, but it really isn't. I could try the Washington fit, with a slightly longer size.

Washingtons do come with a lower button stance and longer jacket so that would be a good place to go IF you like the structured shoulder.

However Custom Made would also be a good option if you can wait. They start with the La Spalla fit which I believe is identical or nearly identical to the Lazio. Mine was lengthened slightly and button stance lowered slightly.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Washingtons do come with a lower button stance and longer jacket so that would be a good place to go IF you like the structured shoulder.

However Custom Made would also be a good option if you can wait. They start with the La Spalla fit which I believe is identical or nearly identical to the Lazio. Mine was lengthened slightly and button stance lowered slightly.
Second this. And I finally found some proper pants from them, the brentwood has a higher rise

ifelix

Reaction score
Thank you to all of you!!

What size did you went in the Lazio?

It’s 34R on the Lazio.

Custom made is an interesting option. Go to the store and use this as a starting point for a custom made? I’m in no extreme rush, so that would certainly work.

gld edmond

Reaction score
I own 3 Lazio suits, and ended up getting them done custom in store so I could choose the length and so on. Really worth getting the nice slim fit with the right length to the jacket

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads