• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have the army green crewneck in the same linen/cotton. It’s pleasantly rough-textured and really well made, but a little tight in the waist. You might want to size up if you don’t want a close fit.
thanks

Contingency Plan

Reaction score
Yes, I have the army green crewneck in the same linen/cotton. It’s pleasantly rough-textured and really well made, but a little tight in the waist. You might want to size up if you don’t want a close fit.

I echo this; and it's handwash-only, which is a pain.

MisterBB

Reaction score
Anybody figure out where the hangers can be purchased?

I really like the red ones that came with my Siennas

I'll probably ask in store if I ever get around to getting this waistcoat made

nevaeh

Reaction score
Anybody figure out where the hangers can be purchased?

I really like the red ones that came with my Siennas

I'll probably ask in store if I ever get around to getting this waistcoat made

I don’t know about the red Sienna hangers, but there are a few third-party vendors who look to have decent wooden ones. Check out Skolyx, Hanger Project, and Woodlore.

Last edited:

alfredt

Reaction score
I’ve just received the custom order I placed at the start of May. I ordered a suit and two separate jackets.
Overall I’m incredibly pleased with how all three jackets fit and look. The pants still require some slight tweaks but are already much better than any RTW Suitsupply fits. Will post photos of the suit later but here are the two jackets.
CEC97F86-F531-4E43-BCB0-42346A9F1188.jpeg
0401CA7E-9D60-46E0-BAF5-219D19CDAAD6.jpeg

They are based on a 42L but made longer by 0.75” and with a slightly lower buttoning point. No other alterations to the fit. Both have the wide lapel which I was worried might look clownish but I think looks great on my 6’6” frame.

nevaeh

Reaction score
I’ve just received the custom order I placed at the start of May. I ordered a suit and two separate jackets.
Overall I’m incredibly pleased with how all three jackets fit and look. The pants still require some slight tweaks but are already much better than any RTW Suitsupply fits. Will post photos of the suit later but here are the two jackets.
View attachment 1420302 View attachment 1420301
They are based on a 42L but made longer by 0.75” and with a slightly lower buttoning point. No other alterations to the fit. Both have the wide lapel which I was worried might look clownish but I think looks great on my 6’6” frame.

These both look solid! What are the fits for the jacket and trousers?

Ihsahn_

Reaction score
Hi all, apologies if this has been covered but I wondered if there was a general consensus on the fabrics available from Suitsupply (I'm in the UK) and whether there were any picks to consider/avoid?

For context, I'm hoping to spend around £700 ish on a three piece and I gather this isn't enough for the level above suitsupply - plus I'm pretty sure I've left it a bit late to get a decent MTM in that time with a five week lead time. As such I'm hoping Suitsupply will save the day. Currently thinking full canvas plus waistcoat will allow me a bit of an upgrade on the fabric from the basic options but unsure if there is a view on whether they are worth it/if there is a particular fabric supplier I should be seeking out?

If anyone is London based I'd be curious to hear whether people think I might do better getting a RTW from a respectable place and tailoring to fit in that time (I gather I'm pretty normal proportion wise)

Thanks for any advice!

MrSuited

Reaction score
View attachment 1420302 View attachment 1420301

To my knowledge when you adjust the length of a jacket, the button stance is supposed to move in proportion to the new length. I'm just curious how much did you lower the button stance by when creating these jackets and are you satisfied with the stance now?

alfredt

Reaction score
These both look solid! What are the fits for the jacket and trousers?
All are custom made from scratch, so what used to be MTM. I believe the fit for this is always based on the La Spalla fit but everything can be changed.
Hi all, apologies if this has been covered but I wondered if there was a general consensus on the fabrics available from Suitsupply (I'm in the UK) and whether there were any picks to consider/avoid?

For context, I'm hoping to spend around £700 ish on a three piece and I gather this isn't enough for the level above suitsupply - plus I'm pretty sure I've left it a bit late to get a decent MTM in that time with a five week lead time. As such I'm hoping Suitsupply will save the day. Currently thinking full canvas plus waistcoat will allow me a bit of an upgrade on the fabric from the basic options but unsure if there is a view on whether they are worth it/if there is a particular fabric supplier I should be seeking out?

If anyone is London based I'd be curious to hear whether people think I might do better getting a RTW from a respectable place and tailoring to fit in that time (I gather I'm pretty normal proportion wise)

Thanks for any advice!
You are probably not going to get your custom made order back in time if you go Suitsupply. They advertise with 3-4 weeks but mine took around eight weeks. If you only have five weeks I would go RTW and alter in store.
To my knowledge when you adjust the length of a jacket, the button stance is supposed to move in proportion to the new length. I'm just curious how much did you lower the button stance by when creating these jackets and are you satisfied with the stance now?
I believe this is correct. The salesperson who measured me said the button point would move with the length but I believe he still put in an additional .25" or so for the buttoning point. I am quite happy with where it is now. The top button is at height of my belly button now which is where I also like my trouser waistband to sit.

Davidos

Reaction score
You got a very good taste in fabrics! And the fit looks perfect! What shoulders did you choose? Looking forward to see the suit.

Satmoche

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an appointment soon for a MtM order soon, and I am looking to acquire a brown suit for Fall / Winter.
As this will be my first brown suit, I am looking for some help with details. This would be for my job - work in education - but also to be worn at the weekend with an OCBD or a polo shirt.
I would go for a classic half-canvassed, ideally mid-brown tone with some texture, and a windowpane pattern (light brown undertone that would blend nicely). The doubt remains with the chest pocket, shoulders and pockets.
Chest pocket: boat or rounded patch?
Shoulder: lightly padded or soft?
Pockets: patch or slanted flaps?

All my suits are from Suit Supply - with constructed shoulders and jetted pockets except for the last one - and so far I have:
- Single worsted breasted navy plain suit with notch lapels - three pieces
- Double breasted navy suit - a bit heavy with a pattern which looks like a reppe
- Single breasted navy chalk striped notch lapels- three pieces
- Single worsted breasted suit with peaked lapels in plain mid-grey - two pieces
- Single worsted breasted suit with notch lapels in plain charcoal - three pieces
- Double breasted worsted plain charcoal suit
- Single worsted breasted suit with notch lapels in mid-grey P.o.W. - two pieces

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads