• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hschrapel

Reaction score
did you do the start from scratch for the trousers? Did you just select the reverse pleats and they sent you the Braddon fit?
This order was placed a month ago, and it was strictly online. At that point in time, their online Custom Made had near-to-no options, it was essentially: 1. Select a fabric 2. Select a style 3. Select a size.

So to answer your question, I literally chose a Braddon fit.

hschrapel

Reaction score
Hopefully these convey its texture and colour. I'd describe it has a black and navy houndstooth check with a seersucker finish. Definitely don't feel the 2% elastine in it
15936988464103779686842926974550.jpg 15936988707061968248740378585728.jpg

nevaeh

Reaction score
Received the discounted poule di pile (or whatever) suit today with the extra trousers. Must say, the fabric isn't that bad at all - essentially, it's a seersucker. Went with the pleated havana jacket and the braddon trousers (double reverse pleats). I sized up to a 50 (40US) and even then, the trousers are just a bit too snug on the thighs and in turn, don't hold the pleat well.

I'll be going this afternoon to pick my final MTM commission, and see what they suggest to do. None the less, for 1.2k SEK, its a steal and I think I'll hold onto it.

Nicely done!

And, you know, I may send SuitSupply a (polite, of course) email saying that I am disappointed that they didn't treatall their customers equally with the cancellations. They are a business and need to make money--so I understand the cancellation--but I do want to register disappointment.

hschrapel

Reaction score
Nicely done!

And, you know, I may send SuitSupply a (polite, of course) email saying that I am disappointed that they didn't treatall their customers equally with the cancellations. They are a business and need to make money--so I understand the cancellation--but I do want to register disappointment.
To be fair though, you got around like $50 USD for free right? We both came out winners, no need to sob to them about it.

nevaeh

Reaction score
To be fair though, you got around like $50 USD for free right? We both came out winners, no need to sob to them about it.

No, I did not get $50. It was $25. And it's certainly not free--I spent not insignificant time ordering something I did not get. I appreciate the $25 as a gesture of goodwill, but it's not free.

And sob is not the proper verb here. It's giving feedback to a company that I care about on what I value.

hschrapel

Reaction score
No, I did not get $50. It was $25. And it's certainly not free--I spent not insignificant time ordering something I did not get. I appreciate the $25 as a gesture of goodwill, but it's not free.

And sob is not the proper verb here. It's giving feedback to a company that I care about on what I value.
I could have sworn everyone was getting ~$50 USD, to the point where I was jealous, as I would have preferred my money back and some extra to go towards a MTM shirt.

And yeah, you're right. I guess it's not entirely fair that some of us (as far as I know, just me so far) have had their orders fulfilled, but the vast majority had theirs cancelled.

japejapejape

Reaction score
This order was placed a month ago, and it was strictly online. At that point in time, their online Custom Made had near-to-no options, it was essentially: 1. Select a fabric 2. Select a style 3. Select a size.

So to answer your question, I literally chose a Braddon fit.
Thanks. Glad you got to take advantage of the price

nevaeh

Reaction score
I could have sworn everyone was getting ~$50 USD, to the point where I was jealous, as I would have preferred my money back and some extra to go towards a MTM shirt.

Not me. And, entirely honestly, I am debating whether I will ever use the $25 or not as a matter of principle. Because I purchased a suit, and not a $25 gift card. That's, of course, not a statement against folks who will use their gift cards; this is personal debate I'm going through.

But I am super glad someone here got it! I'll live vicariously through you! :)

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just want to know why some got to keep their purchase and some others didn't. Was it when i was purchased, was it because of the fabric or model chosen or any other parameter.

Profetatus

Reaction score
Not everyone got the same amount of gift card, some got 175CAD for 2 suits canceled...

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got 550SEK, roughly 60 USD for two suits

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics