• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

notdos

Reaction score
I’ve never ordered an otr suit from SuSu because it doesn’t arrive hemmed. Am I right that ordering full custom is the only way to receive it ready to wear?

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve never ordered an otr suit from SuSu because it doesn’t arrive hemmed. Am I right that ordering full custom is the only way to receive it ready to wear?
Unless it fits you perfectly off the rack you need to hem it. What size do you wear? If the hem difference is only 4 cm then you can get a short size pants which are 4cm shorter.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My earlier post got brushed off somehow and thus I did not receive any comments :D Open for any suggestions and advice!
That suit looks great on you!

And your question about using the Lazio as a gauge for fitting into other models? I think that’s mostly true, but the Napoli fits looser in the chest and shoulders, and the Washington and Jort fit tighter than the Lazio and Havana.

And I’ve tried on Havanas with the pleated shoulder that were noticeably tighter, as well.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that when ordering custom online you don’t get to specify trouser length. It’s frustrating, but they only customize measurements when you order in store.

Last edited:

badrasta519

Reaction score
It's pretty damn good for OTR. The back issues may be solved when you cut open the vents. Personally I'd be very careful with adjusting in the lower back region too much. Also, whatever you do, do not taper the leg. They are already plenty slim.

Thank you for the advice! I guess you're right about the vents. The SA opened the vents for me, but I forgot to take pictures.
Do you mean trimming trousers of the Lazio suit (Brescia trousers) , the Braddon trousers, or even both?

I don't know if it's visible in the picture, but the right leg is pinned for adjustments. Honestly speaking, if the trousers were tapered this much, my upper body (from the back) would look massive in comparison to my legs. Without tapering (left leg) it looks pretty much proportioned in my opinion. As you suggested, tapering the legs is not necessary at all since the trousers are already slim.

What do you think about the Braddon trousers? They are already slightly tapered. Do they look too slim or fine in the pictures?

That suit looks great on you!

And your question about using the Lazio as a gauge for fitting into other models? I think that’s mostly true, but the Napoli fits looser in the chest and shoulders, and the Washington and Jort fit tighter than the Lazio and Havana.

And I’ve tried on Havanas with the pleated shoulder that were noticeably tighter, as well.

Glad to hear that! I will definitely try out some Havana jackets next time I visit SuSu. In comparison to the Lazio fit, Havana is tighter in the chest and shoulder, but I just a little bit wider at the waist, right? (based on product measures, of course taken with caution)

Dizzy8108

Reaction score
Got an email today about a new trouser fit. Blake. Double pleats with a tapered fit. Might be a good option if the thighs are roomier but then tapering down the legs. I’m interested to try them on.

7C7D9EEB-3DB5-40F5-920E-F7DB311C2C75.png

8181FD4D-15A0-454B-AB67-5D390860B537.png

Marccarlsson

Reaction score
Got an email today about a new trouser fit. Blake. Double pleats with a tapered fit. Might be a good option if the thighs are roomier but then tapering down the legs. I’m interested to try them on.

View attachment 1414662
View attachment 1414663
Tried them on, and they honestly fit terrible. I'm not trying to exagerate for the sake of hating on SuSu pants, which I think are great for the most part. But these were so roomy in the hip area, and felt like they had a drop crotch fit, and the taper is as much as the soho, which is as tight as it gets for SuSu.

Marc S

Reaction score
I managed to visit the SS store in Munich today, but unfortunately did not have enough time to try out different models as the store was closing soon.
Nevertheless, the 36R fits me the best I would say. According to the style advisor my size is a true 36. The Washington fit was a bit too tight for me (can be adjusted though). I don't have images for that one, but can say that the jacket was ending at the tips of my thumbs and sleeve length was also fine.

The next suit I tried on was the Lazio 36R (see images below):

View attachment 1411462 View attachment 1411463

What do you guys think of the fit overall? The jacket needs only some minor adjustments.
The back e.g., had some excess fabrics. He suggested me to remove + taper the back a bit.
He demonstrated what it would result in - beautiful round curves on the sides that look very elegant.
Other than that, I can say that:
- sleeves end right after my wrist knuckle
- jacket length seems to be fine (not too short)
- there is no collar gap and the shirt collar is visible

As mentioned in earlier posts, I was right about the trousers (36R). They were a bit tight in the waist and need some alterations. It was comfortable in the thighs. They just need to let out the waist and seat a bit and do some slight tapering in the lower leg.

In the last 10 minutes or so, I was just looking at some trousers. The Braddon trousers really remind me of Pini Parma trousers. I really like the high-rise waist and waist band.

Sorry for the open cuffs buttons and messy shirt, I was in a hurry :D

View attachment 1411468 View attachment 1411469

Sorry I didn't respond earlier :) I agree that the Lazio 36R looks very good on you. Trousers look decent on it, but I also really like the fit of the Braddon trousers (the rise looks fantastic).

notdos

Reaction score
Tried them on, and they honestly fit terrible. I'm not trying to exagerate for the sake of hating on SuSu pants, which I think are great for the most part. But these were so roomy in the hip area, and felt like they had a drop crotch fit, and the taper is as much as the soho, which is as tight as it gets for SuSu.

Would you say they have a taller rise, like Braddon ?

pomor

Reaction score
Unless it fits you perfectly off the rack you need to hem it. What size do you wear? If the hem difference is only 4 cm then you can get a short size pants which are 4cm shorter.

Sorry, off-topic, but I feel like your "price error" order is going to go through. They would’ve canceled you by now.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, off-topic, but I feel like your "price error" order is going to go through. They would’ve canceled you by now.
Probably, I expect news tomorrow or something! Just in time I got some awesome linen shirt from Apposta to style with these

hschrapel

Reaction score
Received the discounted poule di pile (or whatever) suit today with the extra trousers. Must say, the fabric isn't that bad at all - essentially, it's a seersucker. Went with the pleated havana jacket and the braddon trousers (double reverse pleats). I sized up to a 50 (40US) and even then, the trousers are just a bit too snug on the thighs and in turn, don't hold the pleat well.

I'll be going this afternoon to pick my final MTM commission, and see what they suggest to do. None the less, for 1.2k SEK, its a steal and I think I'll hold onto it.

kithking23

Reaction score
Received the discounted poule di pile (or whatever) suit today with the extra trousers. Must say, the fabric isn't that bad at all - essentially, it's a seersucker. Went with the pleated havana jacket and the braddon trousers (double reverse pleats). I sized up to a 50 (40US) and even then, the trousers are just a bit too snug on the thighs and in turn, don't hold the pleat well.

I'll be going this afternoon to pick my final MTM commission, and see what they suggest to do. None the less, for 1.2k SEK, its a steal and I think I'll hold onto it.
You letting it go? Pictures if you may? Thanks

japejapejape

Reaction score

did you do the start from scratch for the trousers? Did you just select the reverse pleats and they sent you the Braddon fit?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads