• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nevaeh

Reaction score
This is disappointing. My new custom made suit arrived today and the inner lining is two-thirds polyester. My previous suits from Suit Supply have been either bemberg or some generic cupro. This polyester actually feels gross.

Marc S

Reaction score
This is disappointing. My new custom made suit arrived today and the inner lining is two-thirds polyester. My previous suits from Suit Supply have been either bemberg or some generic cupro. This polyester actually feels gross.

Same here. My S110 is Polyester/Cupro mix and S130 is Viscose/Polyester mix. Hmmmm

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? I thought it was viscose or Cupro? Let me check my custom made later. Wow. I didn’t notice a difference but wore it a couple of times. Cutting corners to lower cost compared to Munro?

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are totally right. Very disappointing. So I checked my latest Custom Made delivered in late april. 40% polyester lining 60% cupro same as the sleeves.

Then I checked my RTW Havana Jetted DB and it was 100% Cupro.

nevaeh

Reaction score
You are totally right. Very disappointing. So I checked my latest Custom Made delivered in late april. 40% polyester lining 60% cupro same as the sleeves.

Then I checked my RTW Havana Jetted DB and it was 100% Cupro.

I guess every dollar saved is a dollar earned ...

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess every dollar saved is a dollar earned ...
If I am very honest, be it 1-5-10-20 years I see them going down the drain if they go like this. Call it a hunch. Still a great bang for buck but as my taste evolves and I cover the basics I will start looking for alternatives...

nevaeh

Reaction score
If I am very honest, be it 1-5-10-20 years I see them going down the drain if they go like this. Call it a hunch. Still a great bang for buck but as my taste evolves and I cover the basics I will start looking for alternatives...

I completely agree with you there. Their products are still a great deal, but they cannot slip further. Otherwise, they will lose their edge. The way I see it, Suit Supply has grown because of three strengths: quality; availability of wide range of comtemporaty fits, across a variety of types of clothing; and, of course, their fantastic customer service that makes it easy to do business with them.

As of now, they are still strong in the final two and are generally fine on the first one. But the first one, quality--not only of the fabric and construction, but also of the smaller, possibly hidden, details that people might not see. These include items like the use of bemberg and cupro inner lining. And the hidden details are where it's possible to cut corners. It's easy to change bemberg for polyester, for instance, because most people will not notice. But it's these ostensibly minor details that make companies special. It tells customers that the company cares about paying attention to details.

Let's hope that they keep maintantaining their high quality standards.

kithking23

Reaction score
Does anybody have any of the recent jort collection cotton suit? If so how’s it feel in hand? Already got the camel trousers but was thinking I should just complete the set. Haven’t gotten the trouser yet but wanted to know any of your opinions if any have experienced the material.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hmmm.............so now the lining is what will sink this ship?

I'm learning something new everyday!

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don’t think we meant that, but today is the lining, tomorrow could be the buttons, tomorrow could be the fabric. They are operating on very low margins, any money saved is important to them.

same thing with carmina they changed from leatherboard counter to celastic and nobody noticed

nevaeh

Reaction score

Not at all. Keeping with the idioms here, sinking the ship is a bridge too far. We are saying that removing these ostensibly minor features takes away, however slightly, from what makes their products special.

Last edited:

nevaeh

Reaction score
Hey all, could I get your advice on the fit of this suit? This is one I’ve had for years. Bonobos Jetsetter suit. I believe it is half canvassed. Insanely comfortable.

It looks black in the pic (and to my co workers’ eyes) but it’s actually a verrrrrrrrrrry dark charcoal.

As I’ve been looking at and enjoying my SuSu purchases, I’ve been looking at the rest of my wardrobe. This one is obviously slimmer and the lapels are right at 3”. It’s also about an inch shorter than the Custom Mades, but that’s quite hard to see in this photo.

I’m curious how you think this style/fit might last. It’s been my funeral/presenting at conference type of suit for a few years; I’m wondering if it will be long-lasting in terms of fit in style, or if I should start thinking about replacing it for my next suit purchase :)

Thanks as always!
View attachment 1401177 View attachment 1401178

This looks good to me, certainly applicable for business meetings. The lapels are narrower than usual, but look fine on you—at least I think.

Last edited:

OverTheBorders

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Do you know where to find each product's measurements? They used to have detailed measurements of jackets like back length, sleeve length, etc. Now the chart size displays only chest, waist and hips.

Last edited:

Marc S

Reaction score
This looks good to me, certainly applicable for business meetings. The lapels are narrower than usual, but look fine in you—at least I think.

Thank you for the feedback! Back when I bought this suit l, that size lapels were all the trend. Haha. But since I’m so skinny, I think they probably still work.

My co workers think it’s a black suit and it looks pretty dang close. Only up close can you see the white grain that makes it more of a super dark charcoal.

Marc S

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Do you know where to find each product's measurements? They used to have detailed measurements of jackets like back length, sleeve length, etc. Now the chart size displays only chest, waist and hips.

I believe you are on the "Body Chart" tab within the Size Chart. Click on "Product Chart" and you should be in business.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads